Author Topic: The Hobbit: the official trailer  (Read 26818 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Hobbit: the official trailer
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I totally see that.

Are You a member of Richard Armitage Army?
Had never heard of it, perhaps I will explore it after Christmas but I am not one for fan sites, often wonder why I am here.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »

I have always thought of Bilbo, as an ordinary Hobbit.  In every way.  He just went beyond himself, and did very extraordinary things.  Hobbits are not happy doing anything, except for drinking resting and eating.  It was the thing that made him so special.  He went outside himself.  He did the unthinkable, as per his life as a Hobbit.

It was the first book that I read of Tolkien's.  I then read the trilogy, and every time they came out with a new portrayal of them, I was right there to watch.  I have to say; there has never been one that came close to the movies that Jackson has done.  Not even close.  I venture to say this will be the best that it can be.  He is a genius at these.

Beautiful mind

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:48:42 pm »
Had never heard of it, perhaps I will explore it after Christmas but I am not one for fan sites, often wonder why I am here.

For me bettermost has become something much more.... it´s a friendship on several levels. Thats makes it a bite different then just a fan site, for me.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 05:04:56 pm »

Some other delicious goodies for Christmas.  ;D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtfBC-qa-YA&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 06:38:06 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0S81PqOf84&feature=related[/youtube]

Thanks for posting this, Sophia!

It made me watch all six parts of it, and cheered me up considerably! (and totally ruined my plans of getting stuff done tonight)  ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 07:48:28 pm »
The trailer is getting good buzz, but alas of all the Tolkien books I read, The Hobbit is my least favorite.

Yes, Bilbo was never 'young'.  He was at least 50 years old in the book as I recall.

Remember who was writing the book.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »

The trailer is getting good buzz, but alas of all the Tolkien books I read, The Hobbit is my least favorite.

Yes, Bilbo was never 'young'.  He was at least 50 years old in the book as I recall.

Remember who was writing the book.

Yes, true, but, as Tolkien explains, Hobbits are not Men; 50 for a Hobbit is quite another thing (Frodo came of age at 33 rather than our 21, and I'll  certainly never manage "Eleventy-one" or more as Bilbo did).

:laugh:
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »
I have only read the Hobbit once. I am afraid the actor for young Bilbo is not as cute as Elijah Wood. However there is my beloved country's scenery. I have bought most of Tolkien's books but the others are hard to read. Never managed to finish the Silmarillion and 'Unfinished Tales' has been sitting by my bed for about 3 months.

Yes, Elijah Wood is hard to beat for cuteness.  I remember being put off by how good-looking and young he was at first, since my picture of Frodo from the books was quite different, but I grew to like him very much.  Martin Freeman, the young Bilbo, looks more hobbity and, if you squint, looks more or less like Ian Holm, the older Bilbo.

Of Tolkien's other books, I found The Silmarillion challenging but very rewarding and really appreciated knowing how it all feeds in to the characters and story of The Hobbit and the Trilogy.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 10:19:43 pm »

My memory is also that of all the books, The Hobbit is the one that is most a tale for children.

Of Tolkien's other books, I found The Silmarillion challenging but very rewarding and really appreciated knowing how it all feeds in to the characters and story of The Hobbit and the Trilogy.

I liked The Silmarillion.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sophia

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:38 am »

Thanks for posting this, Sophia!

It made me watch all six parts of it, and cheered me up considerably! (and totally ruined my plans of getting stuff done tonight)  ::)

Yeah! it´s so, hilarious. I love it.

They are so adoreble as a couple.

I just love the British humor. When its like this.

I am glad I could inspire you to something funny!

Have a nice evening tonight!  ;D