Author Topic: Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean (a film about the actor's gay life).  (Read 32708 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2085979/James-Dean-biopic-Joshua-Tree-1951-portrays-alleged-gay-affairs.html

Fact or fiction?
Upcoming biopic
Joshua Tree, 1951
portrays James Dean's
alleged gay affairs

By Iona Kirby
Last updated at 8:40 AM on 13th January 2012

Spitting image: Actor James Preston portrays James Dean in the biopic

James Preston has been one very popular Abercrombie & Fitch model! The Sitch on Fitch posted on him in Models So Hot They Were Featured More Than Once | James Preston  and it became a hit! Everyone fiinds this guy extremely attractive... On that note, I will assume you all will also find this post interesting...

Redefining: The movie hopes to shed a new light on the iconic actor

There has always been speculation as to what was the true sexuality of Hollywood legend James Dean.

But now a film about the star will take a very specific stance on his personal life.

Upcoming biopic Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean,  includes scenes that depict the actor having sexual encounters with a series of men.

One scene shows the character of Dean making love to his male roommate in a corridor.

He is also seen in the movie indulging in a tryst with another male character, this time on top of a mountain.

Dean is played by relatively unknown actor James Preston, who is most famous for his role as werewolf Lukas Ford in supernatural TV drama The Gates.

Also starring in the movie is Robert Gant of Queer as Folk  fame, The L Word  star Erin Daniels and Walk The Line  actress Clare Grant.

The film, which is due to be released in the summer, claims that it 'redefines' James Dean 'for a new generation', according to its website.

It is not the first tribute to suggest Dean was gay.

Dean's first biographer and close friend William Bast stated that the pair had a intimate relationship.

He was also described as a homosexual by screenwriter Gavin Lambert and Nicholas Ray, who directed Dean's most celebrated movie, Rebel Without A Cause.

Dean apparently avoided being drafted into the war by registering as a homosexual, which was at the time classified as a mental disorder by the US government.

However according to the book The Unabridged James Dean: His Life and Legacy from A to Z,  he denied being gay.

He allegedly said: 'No, I am not a homosexual. But, I'm also not going to go through life with one hand tied behind my back.'

Dean died in a car crash in 1955, aged 24, one month before the release of Rebel Without A Cause.

Experimental: James Dean is alleged to have had affairs with a series of men

Fact or fiction? Upcoming biopic Joshua Tree, 1951 portrays James Dean's alleged gay affairs

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

James Dean in a cowboy hat during the filming of Giant
photographed by Richard C. Miller

Icons through the Ages - Heath Ledger as Ennis Del Mar

James Dean publicity stills for Giant,  on location in Marfa, Texas,
by  Floyd McCarty

"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
So Cool! Looking forward to the movie.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
1950s Studio Rent Boy?

He was a ho??

Does anyone know this for sure?

Sad.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
He was a ho??

If true he certainly wasn't the first boy to use the casting couch to advance his career.

Not that it really matters, but I'm not exactly sure what that article means by saying he "avoided being drafted into the war." Perhaps Korea is meant, or perhaps simply avoided being drafted into the service (period). He was too young for World War II.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
If true he certainly wasn't the first boy to use the casting couch to advance his career.

Not that it really matters, but I'm not exactly sure what that article means by saying he "avoided being drafted into the war." Perhaps Korea is meant, or perhaps simply avoided being drafted into the service (period). He was too young for World War II.

No, he wouldn't be the first scumbag to do so. But if turning bitch got him out of a draft (regardless of which war) he's all the more despicable. And if he did do it for money, he was all the more dishonorable.  

If any of these allegations are true, I see no value in holding James Dean up as some sort of "example" of homosexual men. He's pathetic. There are far better among us.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
If any of these allegations are true, I see no value in holding James Dean up as some sort of "example" of homosexual men. He's pathetic. There are far better among us.

Is that what this movie is about, or is it just a salacious and ultimately sad story of a self-destructive kid?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.