Author Topic: Adele disses Newt Gingrich  (Read 6352 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Adele disses Newt Gingrich
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:45:14 am »
[youtube=425,350]
  [/youtube]

New words to her song...interesting...

Beautiful mind

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
Re: Adele disses Newt Gingrich
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:15:34 am »
[youtube=425,350]
 [/youtube]

New words to her song...interesting...

This video is a fabrication. Somebody re-purposed the original to suit their own political agenda.

Damn sad.

The original video is from the 2011 Brit Awards. It was held at the O2 Arena, not the Staples Center.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCya1yiFFP4[/youtube]

Jus' tryin' ta keep it real...
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:51:33 pm »

You may be right.  The content is still what it is.  I was surprised to see HER making such a statement..  Seeing how she is English, not American.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:59 pm »
You may be right.

There's no "may" about it, that's not Adele's voice, a completely different sound/tone to it.

This isn't the first time I've heard someone take a pre-existing song and re-write the words for a statement, but if they were gonna do that, they should've posted a video of themselves singing it, not make it look like Adele was doing that.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:39 am »

You may be right.  The content is still what it is.  I was surprised to see HER making such a statement..  Seeing how she is English, not American.

That's a good point. I don't assume to speak for the entire world, but every country I've visited, and every foreign national I have encountered here or elsewhere has something to say about American politics. Remember, the idea that the President of the United States is the most powerful human on earth is not just an American conceit. Realistically speaking, most of the world has a vested interest in who is leading the US: whether their concerns are economic, cultural, or military. What the POTUS thinks, says, and does are of interest to many people in many countries.

I remember sitting in a pub in Northampton, England talking politics with a English dude. He was working class, and not particularly well-educated. Yet he had a keen sense of what was going on with George II, and how his administration was influencing England, America, and the rest of the world. What I found particularly refreshing was that this guy understood that the Presidents positions and deeds were not necessarily reflective of the American people. I bought him a beer for saying that. 
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:21:38 am »
There's no "may" about it, that's not Adele's voice, a completely different sound/tone to it.

BINGO!!t Plus, the REAL Adele video is in the key of A. The fake video is in the key of G. I didn't want to argue that point because not everyone is necessarily capable of hearing such distinctions. Good ear!!

This isn't the first time I've heard someone take a pre-existing song and re-write the words for a statement, but if they were gonna do that, they should've posted a video of themselves singing it, not make it look like Adele was doing that.

Ya know, this is one of those rare instances where I fully believe that lawyers should get involved. This video is a clear misrepresentation of Adele, and if I were her, I'd be demanding a Cease & Desist for both Youtube, and the video's creator. I just might report the video myself. Adele is a treasure, and I hate to see her mistreated like this.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 02:05:31 am »

You are totally right to do that.  When someone else steals anothers position in order to further their own,, that is illegal and immoral..

Beautiful mind

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 02:54:13 am »

You are totally right to do that.  When someone else steals anothers position in order to further their own,, that is illegal and immoral..

Done.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 08:44:39 am »
BINGO!!t Plus, the REAL Adele video is in the key of A. The fake video is in the key of G. I didn't want to argue that point because not everyone is necessarily capable of hearing such distinctions. Good ear!!

Thank you.  I've never formally studied music, if you came at me with a gun and told me to sing something in the key of G or I'd be shot....let's just say there's be bloodshed. 

:laugh:

I thought the differences were faily obvious, perhaps some old memories of (attemps at) singing with the choir at Catholic school still linger.  :laugh:

Ya know, this is one of those rare instances where I fully believe that lawyers should get involved. This video is a clear misrepresentation of Adele, and if I were her, I'd be demanding a Cease & Desist for both Youtube, and the video's creator. I just might report the video myself. Adele is a treasure, and I hate to see her mistreated like this.

I agree that it is a clear misrepresentation.  Not only are they using Adele's image and music, the title of the video claims it is "unseen footage" from the recent Grammy awards.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:41 pm »
I remember sitting in a pub in Northampton, England talking politics with a English dude. He was working class, and not particularly well-educated. Yet he had a keen sense of what was going on with George II, and how his administration was influencing England, America, and the rest of the world. What I found particularly refreshing was that this guy understood that the Presidents positions and deeds were not necessarily reflective of the American people. I bought him a beer for saying that. 

I've had similar experiences when traveling in Europe. And I'm glad that the Europeans I've met don't blame me, personally, for George Bush's actions. As an individual, I felt pretty powerless to influence them.

However, they would be right to blame Americans, cumulatively, for them. If there's ever a country whose people can reasonably be held responsible for the actions of their leaders, it's this one.

Unfortunately, your not-particularly-well-educated English dude may have had a better grasp of what was going on with George Bush than a large portion of American voters. That's the sad part. I've seen the same thing here at BetterMost, where people from other countries pay more attention to what's going on here than people here do. Oh, but we can all say how long Kim Kardashian was married.

A friend of mine recently remarked that she doesn't remember whether Ronald Reagan was a Democrat or Republican. A different friend asked me whether a longtime senator from our state was still in office -- he's been out of office for 15 years. And these are both people with average-ish intelligence and some education.