Author Topic: BBM now in discount bin!  (Read 9359 times)

Offline whiteoutofthemoon

• Jr. Ranch Hand
BBM now in discount bin!
« on: October 08, 2006, 03:24:46 pm »
well, I guess it had to happen sometime.....yesterday I saw the BBM DVD in the discount bin at Walmart and Sam's club, selling for $11.86!  it's also in those DVD of the month club catalogs (buy one, get 4 free deals).   So, I dunno if that's good or bad, but at least it means that the movie has gone somewhat mainstream, no longer confined to the back dark corner of the video store.   And hey, even the classics can be in the discount bin, can't expect it to be full price forever!  it's almost a year now since the release.

I hear it's coming to Cable soon, so next stop...network TV!  Parental discretion advised....haha.

;D ::)
"They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.  Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the whiteoutofthemoon."

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: BBM now in discount bin!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »
If people buy the dvd, even now at discount price, well at least thats someone else who is going to see that movie, and if just one out of 100 of them, feel the message and it changes their view on things, then it will be worth it.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 06:38:50 pm »
This is bizzare. I was in a store on Saturday and saw that BBM was in the discount section, and I felt offended.

I guess it's good that more people might see it now..... but I was struck by an urge to bring it up to the counter and point out that a film of this quality, one that had touched the lives of so many people in so deep a fashion, should never be in the discount section.

Not the thoughts of a sane individual huh?  :)

Karen

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 07:06:34 pm »
No, Kazza, you are not alone.....i guess we all feel that...but im trying to think positiive, about more people seeing it.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:09:34 am »
BBM in the discount bin? - Don't look right. :(

In my country, BBM is available as rental DVD for just a few weeks now. And it will be available to purchase from October, 16th.
Sometimes it's good to be behind  :)

When my daughter goes to her ballett lessons, we always come along the video store. For the last weeks, I always stopped at the display window. Just seing the big BBM poster there makes me feel good  :)

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 01:36:46 pm »
Sometimes when I did not have time to watch the movie I would go to On Demand and watch the preview for my fix.  Went on there the other night and it is no longer available.  It was like getting the Deceased postcard.  I wanted to cry.  I gasped when I realized it was gone and my little girl asked me what was wrong.  I told her I was looking for an old friend and that he was not there right now.  Sad.
I wish I knew how to quit you.

Offline fruitbat

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 02:32:44 pm »
I'm in the UK and am pleased to say it hasn't reached the discount bins anywhere near me yet. It was still in the charted section in some shops only last week. Good news!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 03:46:54 pm »
I'm in the UK and am pleased to say it hasn't reached the discount bins anywhere near me yet. It was still in the charted section in some shops only last week. Good news!

Really? I saw it for £7.00, yes just £7.00, in HMV. That's when I nearly complained to the management  :)

See - insane thinking.

Karen

Dafna

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 02:24:03 pm »
It's not crazy to be upset about it. I guess it happens to all movies. I just hope more and more people will view and discover the movie.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 02:51:47 pm »
When my daughter goes to her ballett lessons, we always come along the video store. For the last weeks, I always stopped at the display window. Just seing the big BBM poster there makes me feel good  :)

This summer I used to bike past the local video store as I always do, and for as long as the BBM poster was prominently featured in their window display I gave the boys some smiles and a wink every day. Seeing them there got to be a secret happpy habit.

And then, one day..... of course it had to happen, but it was way too soon IMO: They were gone. **Sniff** That window don't look right anymore.

Haven't seen them in any discount bin yet, but that is bound to happen soon.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 02:53:37 pm by Mikaela »