Author Topic: BBM now in discount bin!  (Read 9398 times)

mvansand76

Re: BBM now in discount bin!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 03:11:12 pm »
Oh no, BBM in the discount bin!!!  :'(

It only came out here in Holland 10 days ago, so still full price and beautiful box sets here... I will cherish that...

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:44:39 pm »
well, I guess it had to happen sometime.....yesterday I saw the BBM DVD in the discount bin at Walmart and Sam's club, selling for $11.86! 

Haven't noticed that, and in our Blockbusters here it's still on prominent display, not yet relegated to the "Drama" section. But when it happens, that will be an opportunity to get more copies to donate to libraries! The library in our town (population 2,500) just started carrying DVD's. BBM isn't there yet but it is offered in other libraries in the regional system it's in.

We have a convenience store/gas station here in the US Midwest called Casey's, and BBM is one of the movies for rent. So I guess the bright side is that it's reaching further and further into the population, so to speak.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 05:24:47 pm »
This summer I used to bike past the local video store as I always do, and for as long as the BBM poster was prominently featured in their window display I gave the boys some smiles and a wink every day. Seeing them there got to be a secret happpy habit.

And then, one day..... of course it had to happen, but it was way too soon IMO: They were gone. **Sniff** That window don't look right anymore.

Haven't seen them in any discount bin yet, but that is bound to happen soon.

How goes the saying? - Great minds think alike.
And Brokies feel alike about their movie. This is so funny, that we both have the same reaction to a simple poster. I smile at them every time, too. "Seeing them there got to be a secret happpy habit". Yup. Same here.
I hope the poster will stay there for many, many weeks.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 06:18:42 pm »
How goes the saying? - Great minds think alike.
And Brokies feel alike about their movie. This is so funny, that we both have the same reaction to a simple poster. I smile at them every time, too. "Seeing them there got to be a secret happpy habit". Yup. Same here.
I hope the poster will stay there for many, many weeks.

Same here, When the poster was up, or just looking at the book on the book stand, I felt somehow, that here were pictures of my "friends" up there for all to see......was a funny feeling, and I thought, I was the only one feeling like that.

Luckily, my son knows the lady in the video shop, and she kept the poster for him to give to me, so now it sits proudly, framed, on my home office wall here.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 01:03:47 am »
Hey, if the stores near you still have the poster up, you could ask them if you can have one when they take them down.  That's what I did, and I got one for free, in excellent shape, that I had mounted and is up on my wall.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 04:02:42 am »
Hey, if the stores near you still have the poster up, you could ask them if you can have one when they take them down.  That's what I did, and I got one for free, in excellent shape, that I had mounted and is up on my wall.

You bet that I will do that. Unluckily, I'm no customer at this store, I've never been there before. But I'll try anyway.
And if I won't get it, there's always ebay. The posters are sold there, too. But somehow I'd prefer to have THE one from our local store. Don't ask me why... ::) Must be another, still unknown symptom of Brokeback fever (maybe Leslie knows more about it  ;)).

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 04:40:32 am »
Even though I own the DVD, I still find myself picking it up if I pass it in a shop, smiling to myself before putting it back on the shelf.

Offline Wreeah

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 04:13:07 pm »
I own a widescrene copy... and I've been tempted to pick up a full screen copy.  Mainly because I've been told there's some subtle things at the bottom of the screen to look for that was trimed when it goes widescrene.
Although, I know you gain far more with widescren then you do with full (almost a third of an image) ...but it just has me curious.

I'm also sorry I never put dibs on any promo posters or those cardboard stand-ups you see in stores. 
Although, I've managed to find some REALLY high quality pic's I could easily make something out of.
It could be like this... just like this...  always.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 08:43:16 pm »

Was that difficult?????
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 08:59:57 pm »
Oh no, BBM in the discount bin!!!  :'(

It only came out here in Holland 10 days ago, so still full price and beautiful box sets here... I will cherish that...

I'm very intrigued by this description "beautiful box sets."  Tell us more!  My copy of the DVD (pre-ordered from Amazon.com before it was released way back in April) is in a lousy, overly simple case with NO insert booklet or anything inside.  To make matters worse... the cover of my copy has that annoying white border with the 3 Oscar wins announement on it.  I wish I had a copy with a normal cover.  But, such was my urge to get my hands on BBM the second it came out here that I ended up having to deal with wierd packaging.  I'm very jealous about the idea of a "beautiful box set." 

Hey, I wonder (regarding the U.S. market) if this trend of old BBM DVDs ending up in discount bins might encourage the idea of a spruced-up special edition.  I've sort of lost hope for the idea of a special edition with added bonus features... but I guess I shouldn't give up hope quite yet (that seems to be a good Brokeback kind of sentiment, hunh?)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie