Author Topic: Randy Quaid  (Read 7347 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Randy Quaid
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:11:27 am »

I don't really know why we have to look at his picture up on the banner again.  I cannot stand him.  I have never cared for
his egotistical self..  After all his irrational and stupid behavior after the movie.  I certainly don't like him.  He acted like a
complete jerk.  Tried to renegotiate his contract after the fact.  He knew what he was doing when he signed the original contract.  He had a renewed interest in his weak at best career. Then he pulled some other questionable acts, that made him
ultimately immigrate to Canada, in order to escape his legal issues..
     He is forever going to be the black eye on the movie, and its history...

Sorry, but that is my opinion.......

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Randy Quaid
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:44:23 am »
I agree, K.  It irritates me to look at his face jumping out from a place that is supposed to be warm and loving and welcoming.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »
Say what you will, I thought he was pitch perfect as Aguirre.  His behavior in real life is plain sad, though.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »
  His behavior in real life is plain sad, though.

And irrelevant. His performance in the movie is what this site should address, not his private life. IMO
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:27:34 am »
And irrelevant. His performance in the movie is what this site should address, not his private life. IMO

Sheriff Roland, I am taken aback by your statement.  Can you explain what you mean?  This site is roughly 90% about private lives -- our own, those of the actors in the film, other headline-makers, etc.  You yourself have started topics about Randy Quaid's private life.  Your comment sounds like you're chastising Janice and myself for speaking our minds.  Hope you can clarify, thanks.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 05:23:52 pm »
Sheriff Roland, I am taken aback by your statement.  Can you explain what you mean?  This site is roughly 90% about private lives -- our own, those of the actors in the film, other headline-makers, etc.  You yourself have started topics about Randy Quaid's private life.  Your comment sounds like you're chastising Janice and myself for speaking our minds.  Hope you can clarify, thanks.

Maybe I have, but in a non judgemental way, as I recall, when posting about the actors involved in the movie.

"90% about private lives"? - Other than being a severe exageration, I still would not admit to even 0.01% of this site criticizing the actors of the film, which is what I meant to complain about.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 06:31:22 pm »
   I have seen the movie and its actors.  The director, the music director, even the
photographer.  Their have been stories about the love affairs.  What everyone thought
about the choices that they made.  I specially remember the big uproar here about Jake's choice when he got together with Reese...(a woman with children, and divorced.)  I have seen all of this.  It has been even brought to enclude  other people that were not even in the movie.  Joseph Gordon Levitt comes to mind.  They are famous a lot by association.  Having more than one association with Heath.  He was in "10 things I hate about you," with Heath.  He also has a remarkable resemblance to him..
    We have charted Michelles life ad infinitum since she and Heath separated.  As well as they were charted while still together. 
    So in my opinion.  Our opinions, have been voiced in every possible way.  I do not think that my voicing of my disapproval of mr Quaids behaviors since the movie, is that far out of the norm..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    « Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:02:42 pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meryl;
Say what you will, I thought he was pitch perfect as Aguirre.  His behavior in real life is plain sad, though
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that his job on the movie was spot on.  The only thing I can add to that is, perhaps, it was because he had that kind of personality and bent to begin with.  I just don't have a clue.  And frankly with my opinion of him.  I never will.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:43:01 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »
Maybe I have, but in a non judgemental way, as I recall, when posting about the actors involved in the movie.

"90% about private lives"? - Other than being a severe exageration, I still would not admit to even 0.01% of this site criticizing the actors of the film, which is what I meant to complain about.

I still don't have the first clue what you're talking about, Sheriff.  As Janice said (thank you, Janice, for your last post), we have analyzed every aspect of so many lives on BetterMost, for good and for bad, that it simply blows my mind that you don't/can't/won't see that right in front of you.   In very recent memory, how many of us chimed in to critique and criticize a great many of Michelle's wardrobe choices over the years?  Were we all wrong to throw in our two cents on the topic, or should we all have lied and says she looks like a goddess every time she steps in front of a camera?  All I can do is shake my head in bewilderment at your comments.  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, sure enough.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...