Author Topic: Email From Shasta  (Read 47881 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Email From Shasta
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 05:17:01 pm »
Another brokie is missing from our circle....so sad.   :(

I didn't know Shasta, but my thoughts go out to those who did.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »
Oh my goodness.....as I sit here on the other side of the world, I feel a terrible sadness and loss for someone who I had never met, but feel close to just the same....

The fact that we were united by the emotion and love of our wonderful movie and story, is enough for me to know what a wonderful and caring person she was, and who will be missed by all that knew her.

Rest in peace lovely lady........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 07:34:06 pm »
Just looked at her last post..  :-\ and noticed how many posts she had.. 7999.

I think its kinda cool that she had 7999 posts..  its a fun number, if that makes sense.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »
This news sickens me and saddens me.  :'(  :'(  :'(

I knew something was wrong though, when she didn't get back to me during those few months.

She will be missed greatly.

For those of you who did not know what Shasta looked like (I saw a comment or two about that up above) or would like to know more about her and her life, just click on the link below. It is a website set up by her school. In it, you can see pictures of Jane and you can learn more about her and the school she taught at. Her students and the faculty loved her very much.

http://www.janeswainslove.com/#!ABOUT US|csgz
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:54 am »
I'm very sorry to hear this news. Shasta and I disagreed on politics from time to time, but I always felt that she meant well and was able to discuss differences politely and with respect. She was distinctive -- always writing in bold blue, always frank about her opinions, always keeping just enough reserve  that most of us are only now learning her real name. I have missed her absence from BetterMost for some time, and now I'll miss her, period.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2012, 02:42:24 am »
It makes me so happy to see all of the love for our Shasta in this thread. I'm sure she's looking down from Heaven reading each and every one of your beautiful posts. She was a wonderful person, so spirited, so positive and upbeat. Even when she was suffering terribly, she always managed to inject positive energy and humor into her emails and messages. Well, you all already know that because you've read them! My heart hurts so much right now. This news was a tremendous kick in the ass. Like all of you, I was hoping her silence was simply because she was getting better and back at work part time, like she said she'd probably do.

Also, thank you everyone for your PMs to me. I will respond to them all, but there are so many!! But thank you! That means a lot. Shasta and I were very close. Very. And I know a lot of you were very close to her as well. And while I love and cherish everyone here at Bettermost, Shasta was a part of my very special inner circle of Brokie friends.

She was a wonderful person.

And I know she's up there now with Richard and a few of the other Brokies who have passed on and now belong to the Ages. And they are all looking down on us, smiling on us, watching over us and protecting us. Heaven gained a very bright soul on September 22nd. God only made one Jane, and I for one am very thankful I got to know her, as brief as it was.

I am going to miss her terribly.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 06:27:18 am »
I think the fact that they have set up a memorial scholarship fund speaks volumes about her as a person and a member of her local community.

Reading her obituary, I see her Mum and Dad passed away at early age, and she was cared for by her grandparents.. Maybe thats part of the reason she connected with the Brokeback story (Ennis). That must have been hard for her to lose her parents when she was just a little girl.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2012, 06:29:32 am »
(((David)))
I'm so sorry, I feel for you.
What you wrote above is a wonderful tribute to Jane and to your friendship.

And I know she's up there now with Richard and a few of the other Brokies who have passed on and now belong to the Ages. And they are all looking down on us, smiling on us, watching over us and protecting us. Heaven gained a very bright soul on September 22nd. God only made one Jane, and I for one am very thankful I got to know her, as brief as it was.

Amen

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2012, 07:35:39 am »
Also, thank you everyone for your PMs to me. I will respond to them all, but there are so many!! But thank you! That means a lot. Shasta and I were very close. Very. And I know a lot of you were very close to her as well. And while I love and cherish everyone here at Bettermost, Shasta was a part of my very special inner circle of Brokie friends.

She was a wonderful person.

I am going to miss her terribly.

Sending you good thoughts and love David.   Wish I could be there in person to hug you.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:49 am »
My heart hurts so much right now.

(((David)))  :'( 
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.