Author Topic: What ever happened to member Artiste ?  (Read 43124 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
What ever happened to member Artiste ?
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:33:04 am »
Any one ever see him here any more?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: What ever happened to member Artiste ?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:41:24 am »
He did go over to Jess's (Injest) site when she first started it a few years back.

Is that site still going?.....If it is can someone give me the address for it...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 07:38:40 am »
Any one ever see him here any more?

Artiste left here and went over to The Retreat (started by injest) during the conservative exodus from Bettermost during and after the 2008 elections.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:39:35 am »
He did go over to Jess's (Injest) site when she first started it a few years back.

Is that site still going?.....If it is can someone give me the address for it...

Yes. You can find The Retreat here: http://retreat.smfforfree.com/index.php
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:38 am »
Artiste left here and went over to The Retreat (started by injest) during the conservative exodus from Bettermost during and after the 2008 elections.

There was an "exodus" ???  I noticed Artiste's and Jess's absence at some point in the last couple years, but I didn't notice a bunch of people leaving, or catch that it was related to the election in any way?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:58 am »
There was an "exodus" ???  I noticed Artiste's and Jess's absence at some point in the last couple years, but I didn't notice a bunch of people leaving, or catch that it was related to the election in any way?

Yeah, Brokeplex, HerrKaiser, and their buddies didn't like the taste of our whiskey, so they headed out for other pastures along about then.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:52:20 am »
Hugs!!  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:56:06 am »
Yeah, Brokeplex, HerrKaiser, and their buddies didn't like the taste of our whiskey, so they headed out for other pastures along about then.

Oh.  Guess I must have been celebrating with too much of our whiskey at the time, cause it sure flew right past me.   ;D
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:05:37 am »

I think only part of it was related to the election specifically. As happens in many presidential election years, people on both sides dig their heels in, and the differences in the ideologies on both left and right become more sharply drawn. But even after the election, there were a number of news items that sparked fierce debates here between liberals and conservatives on social rather than political grounds.

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 12:56:52 pm »
Good God I just took a look over at the Retreat site. They should change the name to "The Old South Tea Party"

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 01:39:50 pm »
Good God I just took a look over at the Retreat site. They should change the name to "The Old South Tea Party"

Well, it certainly isn't for everyone. It is, as I said earlier, a spot for the conservatives who left Bettermost, and the Dave Cullen Forum. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »
Good God I just took a look over at the Retreat site. They should change the name to "The Old South Tea Party."

:laugh:

Seriously, I understand Jess had some health issues awhile back. I hope she's doing OK.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:07 pm »
Seriously, I understand Jess had some health issues awhile back. I hope she's doing OK.

I'm happy to report that she is doing quite well. its like nothing was ever wrong to begin with.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31:17 pm »
I'm happy to report that she is doing quite well. its like nothing was ever wrong to begin with.

Thank you, Milo. I'm really glad to know that. I'm happy for her.  :)

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:39 pm »
I am glad she is doing well.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:57 pm »

Speaking of missing people.  Where the heck have you been Ross?  I figured you had lost the Brokie fever.  I am glad to see you
here again.

Beautiful mind

Offline oilgun

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:10 pm »
You know, I kinda miss the conservatives.  My blood hasn't boiled much since they left.  :-\

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 10:22:56 pm »

Yeah we are getting like old married folks around here.  No arguements or uprisings any more..  Rather quiet these days...lol

Beautiful mind

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 10:51:01 pm »
You know, I kinda miss the conservatives.  My blood hasn't boiled much since they left.  :-\

I'll pass word along.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 10:53:05 pm »
I'll pass word along.

I'm sure they'll be touched, lol!

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 03:45:41 am »

Speaking of missing people.  Where the heck have you been Ross?  I figured you had lost the Brokie fever.  I am glad to see you
here again.

Oh gosh im still around mostly a once in a while lurker. I keep in touch with Kemberly once in a while as well. She is now tenured teacher at her University and doing very well.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2012, 08:40:01 am »
Oh gosh im still around mostly a once in a while lurker. I keep in touch with Kemberly once in a while as well. She is now tenured teacher at her University and doing very well.

Tenured? Congratulations to her!  :D

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012, 09:22:11 am »

The folks at the Cesspool will be glad to hear that. Snarking on "Bittermost" is their primary source of entertainment.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012, 10:23:11 am »
Rodney King: "Can we all get along?"

Me: "Naw."  :laugh:

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »

I am very happy for her.  Boy where has the time gone?  Seems like just last year when the whole tribe was in chat every night...
ahh memories.  Tell her hi when you talk next time.  Did you guys ever meet up?  Since you live pretty close together, it seems to be a natural thing...

Beautiful mind

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 05:44:50 pm »

I just got off the phone with Kemberly. She is going to visit here later today and maybe we can chat once again in the BM chat room.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:42:08 pm by RossInIllinois »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49:25 pm »

Ok that sounds great.  just send me a private message

Beautiful mind

Offline JoeAnnK

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »
Heya, ifyoucantfixit! Ross gave me the headsup that he'd popped in and chatted with you.  It's been ages since I've visited this site!  Hope all is well with you and yours.   :)  It's nice to see this site still going after so many years.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 10:05:22 pm »

Yes we have a lot of the original people still here. Some of the people like Jess left.   She started her own site.  But there are still many of the originals still alive and kicking here.  The big push for the movie is not so prevalent now.  It tends to be more of a News and information station these days.  Likes and dislikes, and goings on in our lives.. 
Good to hear from you after all this time.  I hope you are all doing well still.  I think about us and our chats from time to time, and wonder what you are doing...

Beautiful mind

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 06:36:59 pm »
The folks at the Cesspool will be glad to hear that. Snarking on "Bittermost" is their primary source of entertainment.

Actually, huntinbuddy"s dog has been our primary source of entertainment for some time now. But yes, the political and social commentary here continues to provide lots of laughs over there.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »
Artiste as far as I know is doing well.  I got an invitation to his latest art thing a few months ago and was happy to see it.

I'm SO glad to hear Jess is doing well.  Her health was so threatened at one point and I was very afraid for her.

I tried to contact her twice - once directly and once through another person, but never heard back, so I assumed the worst.

I am glad I was wrong.

I go look around the Retreat from time to time, but not often anymore.  Just don't have much time these days.  I miss some of my buds who are over there though.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »
I stopped visiting the Retreat because I always felt I had to shower afterwards.  ::)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
I stopped visiting the Retreat because I always felt I had to shower afterwards.  ::)

Its getting a bit that way here too, just like it did in the last Presidential campaign.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 10:26:30 pm »
Its getting a bit that way here too, just like it did in the last Presidential campaign.

Which is why people shouldn't discuss religion or politics. Discussing both will divide people faster than just about anything.  I learned that the hard way.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 10:57:02 pm »

On one level, that name sounds so hospitable and genteel. I picture ladies sitting on the veranda, sipping Earl Grey from fine china. On another level, it's a double whammy of scary politics.

Word.  :)

But yes, the political and social commentary here continues to provide lots of laughs over there.

This is exactly what I liked about the Retreat. I enjoyed going there in the days when they'd go on huge rants about some little thing someone from BetterMost posted and how ridiculous or evil or stupid it was. I was often the subject of those rants, and -- what can I say? I'm narcissistic enough to be interested in posts even by people who are trashing me. The ones on the Retreat were so wildly mis- and underinformed, so seething with contempt and outrage at a figure that hardly even resembled me, that they didn't hurt my feelings. They just seem odd and funny.

I think at one point I finally did ask Brokeplex to please post something correcting a rant about how, um, this particular poster was sick of writing checks to pay for my house. Hunh?? I pay for my own house! I bought it just the regular way from the woman who owned it, not with some special federal program or anything. I put half its value down when I bought it, and have never missed a mortgage payment, let alone somehow got the government to cover it for me (which I guess is what's implied by the check-writing thing). Anyway, I believe Bill did post something quite sensible in response.

At one point I even signed up for a Retreat membership! Bill had alerted me to a particularly virulent thread about something I had written that was available only to members. I signed up under a new name (can't even remember what it was, now). Jess, understandably, immediately spotted that this new member was from Minnesota, of course suspected (she was the people on the pavement!) and sent a politely worded welcoming message asking what brought me there. Unlike Ennis, I immediately told her who I was. I really wasn't into sneaking around or anything, I just wanted to access that stuff. But apparently, according to Bill, she then deleted the thread about me so I never did get to see it. I think I maybe posted there once or twice -- Bill kept encouraging me to jump right into the political arguments, because I think he likes the challenge of a debate, too. Say what you will about Brokeplex; he's not interested in enveloping himself in some kind of conservative-only cocoon.

But I had no interest in stirring up trouble there, or even getting in any big arguments. The Retreat members had very clearly indicated that they were not interested in posting here, in an environment where their views are an anathema to many other people, and where they were almost always in the minority. I am sorry about their decision, but I can understand it. So why should I invade their turf? Besides, the other site was run by a popular, charismatic, interesting and often charming leader to whom people felt a lot of affection and loyalty, and I can understand why they flocked to her.

I do have to hand it to Milo, though. Milo, you're one of the few if not the only BetterMost conservative who has hung in here. I believe it's partly because you also genuinely relish the challenge of presenting contradictory ideas, and I fully understand that impulse.

Eventually, I forgot my Retreat username and password, lost interest, didn't see as many of those anti-BetterMost posts that had held my interest. I'm not super interested in what the far right thinks about Obama. And last time I went there, like maybe four or five months ago, the Retreat seemed to consist of a lot of threads in which just one person would post every single post. So, say, Artiste would post 24 times in a row or something. I lost the URL to the site.

Brokeplex himself left, he told me, in order to spend more time on some other political site. He and I had a friendly correspondence going on for a while, and he strongly urged me to sign up at this new site. But frankly, I'm not really interested in arguing politics with strangers. If I'm going to argue politics, I want to do it with people with whom I share six years of history and a transformative-verging-on-mystical movie-going experience.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »
Actually, huntinbuddy"s dog has been our primary source of entertainment for some time now. But yes, the political and social commentary here continues to provide lots of laughs over there.

I think it's telling that they still monitor this site for content to ridicule. How pathetic can you get...And by the way, Obama will get a second term!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:13:31 am by Sason »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »
I believe the number of people quitting Bettermost over the conservatives (or as someone put it "stormed out in a huff" ::)) outnumber the conservatives who left.

Jess...I mostly remember her for the private  "welcome message" I received after only having posted here a few times.  ::)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25:13 am »

I believe the number of people quitting Bettermost over the conservatives (or as someone put it "stormed out in a huff" ::)) outnumber the conservatives who left.

I believe I remember that too.

:) ;)

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2012, 12:46:10 am »

I believe I remember that too.

:) ;)

Yes, I remember that, as well!

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2012, 04:59:31 am »

a transformative-verging-on-mystical movie-going experience.

Yes - amazingly that's something we all shared and mutually understood - before the evil genie of politics intervened.

That will always be true despite everything.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »
Politics and religion -- I keep my thoughts to myself, both online and in person.  That's how mama and daddy raised me.  It's no wonder I've never had high blood pressure in my life...

Katherine -- what you said about Artiste with 24 posts in a row -- that totally used to make me insane when he was on here.  I was not sad to see him go.

Jess was very kind and welcoming to me as well here on BM.  I do miss her, but I can't stomach The Retreat.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 12:37:23 pm »
Jess was very kind and welcoming to me as well here on BM.  I do miss her, but I can't stomach The Retreat.

Yeah, same here.  I have over 650 private messages (gotta clean those out  ;D) and a good number of them are from Jess.  I do miss her at times.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »

I just don't remember her sending out the welcoming messages.  I don't remember her even being on the welcome wagon.  Lynne was the one that sent me my first message.  I then did it for a few years.  I just don't remember her doing it.  Maybe I am getting forgetful of her.  I know she started my blog for me, without me asking.  I really never thought that anything I might say would matter to anyone..  Then over a spread of time, i would add this or that. 

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 06:15:30 pm »

On one level, that name sounds so hospitable and genteel. I picture ladies sitting on the veranda, sipping Earl Grey from fine china.

Don't forget the picture hats and hoopskirts.  ;D

a transformative-verging-on-mystical movie-going experience.

You can say that twice and mean it!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 07:51:59 pm »
Surprised Artiste hasn't popped in on this thread yet to put in his whatever the Canadian equivalent to two cents is.  He's lurking about anew, I've noticed.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:20 am »
At one point I even signed up for a Retreat membership! Bill had alerted me to a particularly virulent thread about something I had written that was available only to members. I signed up under a new name (can't even remember what it was, now). Jess, understandably, immediately spotted that this new member was from Minnesota, of course suspected (she was the people on the pavement!) and sent a politely worded welcoming message asking what brought me there. Unlike Ennis, I immediately told her who I was. I really wasn't into sneaking around or anything, I just wanted to access that stuff. But apparently, according to Bill, she then deleted the thread about me so I never did get to see it. I think I maybe posted there once or twice -- Bill kept encouraging me to jump right into the political arguments, because I think he likes the challenge of a debate, too. Say what you will about Brokeplex; he's not interested in enveloping himself in some kind of conservative-only cocoon.

For the record, there was indeed a discussion of an article you had written for, if I remember correctly, Salon.com. Personally, I didn't really have much of an opinion about it one way or the other. Bill thought that since Retreat members were discussing your article, that you should be able to read the comments. I was one who agreed with that. There were others who thought differently. An argument broke out, and Jess decided to delete the thread once everyone had their say.

But I had no interest in stirring up trouble there, or even getting in any big arguments. The Retreat members had very clearly indicated that they were not interested in posting here, in an environment where their views are an anathema to many other people, and where they were almost always in the minority. I am sorry about their decision, but I can understand it. So why should I invade their turf? Besides, the other site was run by a popular, charismatic, interesting and often charming leader to whom people felt a lot of affection and loyalty, and I can understand why they flocked to her.

I cannot speak for the other members at the Retreat, but I will tell you why I followed the other conservatives over there. First, I felt that Jess was handled unfairly over here. I disagreed with the decisions of the moderators and site owner over her exile. Second, there are opinions and conversations that we have over at the Retreat that I know would not be tolerated over here.

I do have to hand it to Milo, though. Milo, you're one of the few if not the only BetterMost conservative who has hung in here. I believe it's partly because you also genuinely relish the challenge of presenting contradictory ideas, and I fully understand that impulse.

True. I stay here because I think its important to offer a different POV.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2012, 10:38:22 am »
I think it's telling that they still monitor this site for content to ridicule. How pathetic can you get...And by the way, Obama will get a second term!

Its no more "pathetic" than the ridicule that was fired at the conservatives when they were posting here.

And you're probably right. It is highly likely that Obama will get a second term. Many Republicans aren't even interested in Romney, and will likely stay home on election day. Strategists have been saying that Romney's campaign is purely sacrificial.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2012, 10:43:34 am »

While that is true in terms of the head-count, it can also be said that a higher percentage of conservatives left Bettermost over the liberals. I'm basically the only one remaining.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2012, 10:50:09 am »
Which is why people shouldn't discuss religion or politics. Discussing both will divide people faster than just about anything.  I learned that the hard way.

While politics and religion have given rise to numerous conflicts here, I think we would be missing the boat if we didn't point out the fact that we had two groups of people with very different world views. It would not have mattered if we avoided politics and religion. There were many other topics on which we strongly disagreed.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 11:02:43 am »
7 guests currently viewing this topic.

Hmm...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2012, 11:54:11 am »
Many Republicans aren't even interested in Romney, and will likely stay home on election day. Strategists have been saying that Romney's campaign is purely sacrificial.

If this is true, ya gotta hand it to someone who stays out there fighting what he perceives to be "the good fight."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »
If this is true, ya gotta hand it to someone who stays out there fighting what he perceives to be "the good fight."

Well, at least it's a better fight than the kind where you tackle someone to the ground and cut their hair.

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 04:11:27 am »
LOL How true!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 11:44:44 pm »

I think that standing head to head and stating your opinions, are what makes democracy work.  If we only hear one side of the issue, then the truth is never found.  It takes both.  I admire people that can tell their thoughts without getting angry and storming out.  It never is expected that we are all going to agree on all things.  It is very exceptional when we can agree on some things.  There are even times when we can agree on things we never thought possible.  That is a wonderful breakthrough.  It is too bad that Congress cannot do that more often.  That being the case leaves it as it is now.  Dead in the water.
   They send the greater part of the time there posturing.  What a waste of time and money.

Beautiful mind

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2012, 09:14:24 am »
I admire people that can tell their thoughts without getting angry and storming out.

I agree that would be nice. I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts without getting mad and throwing them out.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »
I agree that would be nice. I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts without getting mad and throwing them out.

I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts and express their own without:
getting mad and resorting to name calling
being disrespectful
shit stirring and aggrevating already hot situations

Heathen

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »
I admire people that can listen to other people tell their thoughts and express their own without:
getting mad and resorting to name calling
being disrespectful
shit stirring and aggrevating already hot situations

Interestingly, those are all 2-way streets.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 02:23:24 pm »
Interestingly, those are all 2-way streets.

no streets, simply what I admire. it is not partisan/has no party lines or affiliations. it is not black or white, rich or poor, gay/straight/other, male/female/other. it is not vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous, Snape friend or Snape foe. it is just saying what you have to say in a way that lifts you rather than the opposite. noone is perfect and sometimes we slip and let our frustration get the better of us but striving to be a positive force rather than stank is admirable to me.

Heathen

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:46 pm »
no streets, simply what I admire. it is not partisan/has no party lines or affiliations. it is not black or white, rich or poor, gay/straight/other, male/female/other. it is not vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous, Snape friend or Snape foe. it is just saying what you have to say in a way that lifts you rather than the opposite. noone is perfect and sometimes we slip and let our frustration get the better of us but striving to be a positive force rather than stank is admirable to me.

Thank you for that, RouxB.  :)  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58:43 pm »

WORD!  Very well said!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »
noone is perfect and sometimes we slip and let our frustration get the better of us but striving to be a positive force rather than stank is admirable to me.

Understanding that "positive" and "stank" are not absolute values, I can agree with that statement.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2012, 04:20:33 pm »
Its no more "pathetic" than the ridicule that was fired at the conservatives when they were posting here.

And you're probably right. It is highly likely that Obama will get a second term. Many Republicans aren't even interested in Romney, and will likely stay home on election day. Strategists have been saying that Romney's campaign is purely sacrificial.
:) I can't begin to tell you just how far off the bullseye you have landed Milo. I can assure you that we conservatives will crawl on broken glass dragging two broken legs in the bloody damn snow to vote for Romney and against Obama. Conservatives are as fired up and eager to finish this election process as I have seen since Ronald Reagan hauled Carter to the curb in 1980. The right is opening up its wallets to finance the effort, and scheduling as much free time as possible to volunteer to send Obama back to wherever his home actually is.

Oh, and Artiste is doing very well over on Retreat, in his professional life he has several shows going in art galleries around the US and Canada. I am looking forward to him showing in Dallas, hopefully in the near future. 

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2012, 04:25:24 pm »
Say what you will about Brokeplex; he's not interested in enveloping himself in some kind of conservative-only cocoon.
thank you darlin', you are oh so correct, this time!  :)

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 04:52:50 pm »
:) I can't begin to tell you just how far off the bullseye you have landed Milo. I can assure you that we conservatives will crawl on broken glass dragging two broken legs in the bloody damn snow to vote for Romney and against Obama. Conservatives are as fired up and eager to finish this election process as I have seen since Ronald Reagan hauled Carter to the curb in 1980. The right is opening up its wallets to finance the effort, and scheduling as much free time as possible to volunteer to send Obama back to wherever his home actually is.

I hope you're right. This is one instance I'd like to be proven wrong.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 02:26:16 am »
thank you darlin', you are oh so correct, this time!  :)

Nice to see you, Bill, not only putting in an appearance but calling me correct! A doubly rare treat!  :D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2012, 03:45:00 pm »
Nice to see you, Bill, not only putting in an appearance but calling me correct! A doubly rare treat!  :D

my pleasure

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »
I hope you're right. This is one instance I'd like to be proven wrong.
stay tuned, its an eternity until Nov 6th, but the fundamentals are not looking good for Obama - at all.