Author Topic: Let the ball roll! - UEFA EURO 2012  (Read 74357 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Let the ball roll! - UEFA EURO 2012
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 12:12:27 am »
Just watched a repeat of the Poland vs Russia match.  Man, Russia sure has some sexy players.  Poland not so much but there are still a few hotties.

Russia's Roman Shirokov

Russia's Pavel Pegrebnyak

Poland's Damien Perquis

Poland's Ludovik Obraniak

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 01:39:07 am »
Feast your eyes on ....

You have a knack for finding good pics!

Just watched a repeat of the Poland vs Russia match.  Man, Russia sure has some sexy players.  Poland not so much but there are still a few hotties.

I thought it was exactly the other way round. :laugh:

Poland's Damien Perquis

I had him on my radar, too ;D

But my fav from yesterday was Jakub Blaszczykow

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 01:51:22 am »
I thought the Poland-Russia game was very entertaining. Both teams played offensively, and damn, was that a dream-goal by Blaszczykow!

I wanted to strangle the German commentator though. He couldn't keep from paising the referee-team into the high heavens. Every single decision of the (main) referee was "perfect", as he told us time and time again. Didn't take me long to figure out the referee team was German.  ::) :P

Sadly, in the news this morning they report there were riots last night between Polnish and Russian fans. >:(
Over 100 were arrested and 15 injured.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 02:40:10 pm »
Denmark : Portugal  2 : 3

Game was okay. Not really a good game, but 5 goals alltogether made it interesting. I slept through parts of it. Not because it was so boring, but because I'm not feeling well. Stomach is unsettled. :P

Next up is a classic: Netherlands : Germany.

The two countries have a dislike against each other as far as football is concerned. My own support for the German team is often wavering, but tonight you bet I root for the Germans! :laugh:

Many sites have photo galleries about games gone by through the decades between NL and Ger. I skipped through them and found some funny pics:

This pic looks almost like a photoshop. One guy is lying as if on the beach, the second German guy looks like he's taking a leisure stroll in the park. :laugh:
But note the length of their shorts! That's how shorts ought to be IMO: short

More short shorts ;D

Sorry, guys, did we disturb you activities?
Is there a spanking going on?
Or do you need an instruction manual?

The shorts already getting longer in 2002, but still better than today. Personally, I blame Pete Sampras for it. Yep, the tennis player. He was the first guy I ever saw knee-length shorts (rather bermudas) on. ::) ;D

Offline oilgun

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »

The two countries have a dislike against each other as far as football is concerned. My own support for the German team is often wavering, but tonight you bet I root for the Germans! :laugh:

Apparently the Dutch like to yell "Giive us back our bikes!" when Germany plays. What a hoot!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 03:59:17 pm »

Chrissi, I'll let you caption this one, since I just gacked it from facebook, and have no idea who it is.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 04:06:19 pm »

Salpingidis (Greece)

It must be pretty awful to have a name that sounds so close to a painful condition of the female reproductive tract.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 11:17:52 pm »
Denmark : Portugal  2 : 3

Game was okay. Not really a good game, but 5 goals alltogether made it interesting. I slept through parts of it. Not because it was so boring, but because I'm not feeling well. Stomach is unsettled. :P

Next up is a classic: Netherlands : Germany.

Many sites have photo galleries about games gone by through the decades between NL and Ger. I skipped through them and found some funny pics:

This pic looks almost like a photoshop. One guy is lying as if on the beach, the second German guy looks like he's taking a leisure stroll in the park. :laugh:
But note the length of their shorts! That's how shorts ought to be IMO: short

More short shorts ;D

Sorry, guys, did we disturb you activities?
Is there a spanking going on?
Or do you need an instruction manual?

The shorts already getting longer in 2002, but still better than today. Personally, I blame Pete Sampras for it. Yep, the tennis player. He was the first guy I ever saw knee-length shorts (rather bermudas) on. ::) ;D

I'm watching the game now as I write.  Denmark vs Portugal it's the start of the second half so we are still 1:2.  I think it's a wonderful match, I've been on the edge of my seat!

Here's a tasty shot of Denmark's Fabio Coentrao , who obviously has another job, lol!

Is this the same Fabio Coentrao ?!

And here is the delectable Goal Keeper for Portugal, Rui Patricio:

Offline oilgun

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »
We have to have a pic of Denmark's Nicklas Bendtner.  After all he did score the two goals:

And how happy is this guy, scoring the winning goal for Portugal?  Great game!:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2012, 02:38:16 pm »
Whoo-hoo!
Germany won 2 : 1 over the Netherlands! :D

Italy : Croatia  1 : 1

I only got to watch the last part of the game; I joined a couple of minutes before Croatia equaled the score. From then on it was interesting, don't know how it was before.

Italy only has 2 points so far. Gonna be interesting! O0