Author Topic: Ha!! The Hot Abercrombie & Fitch Guys with "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen!  (Read 66806 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

New York, London, Paris, Milan, MUSIC--Hey, this is Cultural,  right? I mean, why else  would I post this in the Culture Tent?! 'Cause I'm Cultural!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:                                                                                                       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NRWM3FgqA&feature=share[/youtube]
Published on Jun 13, 2012 by AbercrombieFitchHome

In October of 2011, Abercrombie & Fitch discovered Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' and launched the song on its official soundtrack. To celebrate the song's Summer popularity, A&F asked its hottest guys from its Flagship stores all around the world to have fun with the song—film it on their phones and to do whatever came naturally... This is what the guys sent back.

;D ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

So, here's the "classic" version--which I had never seen before--and it seems Carly Rae is quite a kidder--make sure you watch the whole thing, then you get the joke at the end, and it's a scream! I love her, she's got a great sense of humor!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on Mar 1, 2012 by CarlyRaeJepsenVEVO | #1 on the YouTube 100

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Rae_Jepsen

Carly Rae Jepsen
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carly Rae Jepsen (born November 21, 1985) is a Canadian recording artist and singer-songwriter from Mission, British Columbia. In 2007, she placed third in the fifth season of Canadian Idol,  and was a part of the Canadian Idol Top 3 concert tour.

Shortly after competing on Idol, she signed to Fontana and MapleMusic, and released her debut album, Tug of War,  on September 30, 2008. Three years later, she released a new single, entitled "Call Me Maybe", which was released by 604 Records, and was followed by the release of her debut extended play, Curiosity, on February 14, 2012. "Call Me Maybe" was met with much success, reaching the number one spot on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the Canadian Hot 100. The single also went to number 1 in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Jepsen signed with Interscope Records in 2012.

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Carly Rae Jepsen stares at her neighbour, portrayed by
Holden Nowell, as he reveals, by handing over his telephone
number, his attraction to a male band member.

An accompanying music video for "Call Me Maybe" was written and directed by Ben Knechtel. According to Knechtel, the main idea behind the concept was to have a "twist at the end", trying to get away from the idea of the classic "boy meets a girl" story. The music video has over 100 million views on VEVO and YouTube as of June 10, 2012. It begins with Jepsen spying on her attractive tattooed neighbor, portrayed by Holden Nowell, while he's working on his lawn. As he takes his shirt off and notices she's staring at him, Jepsen quickly hides below her window. The scene then cuts to her garage, where she's rehearsing the track with her band. Following the rehearsals, her bandmates push her to go wash her car, where she tries to gain her neighbor's attention with various poses only to fall from the hood of the car. The neighbor then helps Jepsen to get up, and watches the band rehearse the track again. After turning and writing down her telephone number, Jepsen sees her neighbor pass one of her male bandmates his own number, indicating he is attracted to the man, instead. The video received three nominations on the 2012 MuchMusic Video Awards in the categories of UR Fave Video, Pop Video of the Year, and Video of the Year.

Jepsen has performed "Call Me Maybe" live a few times, while playing an unreleased intro to the song on some selected dates. She made her US television debut during The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Emily Exton of Pop Dust summarized the performance, writing, "delivering fairly true-to-radio vocals that seemed to overcome any lingering nerves performing for millions of viewers (and your sorta boss?) might bring on, Carly left the security of the mike stand to move beneath the oversized dandelion lights during the final moments of her euphoric head-bobber." On March 26, 2012, Jepsen visited WBBM-FM's Morning Show and performed two tracks of her EP, "Call Me Maybe" and "Curiosity". The singer also performed an acoustic version of the song on Kidd Kraddick in the Morning and KISS 92.5. On May 2, 2012 on a visit to Australia she performed "Call Me Maybe" on the popular TV show Sunrise. On May 20, 2012, Jepsen performed the track on the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.[44] On June 9, 2012, Jepsen with Justin Bieber performed the track on the Summertime Ball 2012 edition at Wembley Stadium, London.

To celebrate Call Me Maybe  reaching number one on the Hot 100 chart, many social media bloggers have declared June 13th Carly Rae Jepsen Day, encouraging fans to post their favorite covers, photos, or memories using the hashtag #CarlyRaeJepsenDay.

"Camping Out"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
New York, London, Paris, Milan, MUSIC--Hey, this is Cultural,  right? I mean, why else  would I post this in the Culture Tent?! 'Cause I'm Cultural!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:                                                                                                       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NRWM3FgqA&feature=share[/youtube]

In October of 2011, Abercrombie & Fitch discovered Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' and launched the song on its official soundtrack. To celebrate the song's Summer popularity, A&F asked its hottest guys from its Flagship stores all around the world to have fun with the song—film it on their phones and to do whatever came naturally... This is what the guys sent back.

;D ;D

Wow, after having watched that video I suddenly feel so...much more cultural. Amazing.

(don´t worry, John. I got your back)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
I´m in Rock Springs, Wyoming at the moment and despite really - I mean - really strongs winds - (the teve doesn´t work) I can still hook up to wifi and watch videos. You just gotta love modern technology!

• BetterMost Supporter!

Wow, after having watched that video I suddenly feel so...much more cultural. Amazing.

(don´t worry, John. I got your back)

8) 8) 8) 8)
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I´m in Rock Springs, Wyoming at the moment and despite really - I mean - really strongs winds - (the teve doesn´t work) I can still hook up to wifi and watch videos. You just gotta love modern technology!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
YAY!
 ;D

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Well, here's some REAL
Canadian Gravy:

Holden Nowell
of
Calgary, Alberta

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Corgi  Rae Jepsen, I Presume!  :D
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=30Dldlfmr3U[/youtube]
::) ::) :laugh: :laugh:

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

This is crazy, but--
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX1YVzdnpEc[/youtube]
Published on Jun 4, 2012 by baracksdubs

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u8eMTWLWBU&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on May 7, 2012 by caloofness

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K7ppxF4O130[/youtube]
Published on May 16, 2012 by creepyskulls1313

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgZPTeFMZm8&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on May 14, 2012 by Christian Pilola

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwwV1oNoIs&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on Apr 4, 2012 by TheMapleleafVideo

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

--and one in the UK
(Derby University,
in the Midlands)--
this one is good!!   :D :D
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnvW12UAeT4&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on Mar 14, 2012 by nakachwa

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

So--
Were You Really  Listening to
Call Me Maybe ?
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40yHcA2ffg8&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on Mar 21, 2012 by PatStansik

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/06/19/_call_me_maybe_is_1_on_the_billboard_charts_does_the_carly_rae_jepsen_song_mark_a_new_phase_in_pop_music_.html?wpisrc=obnetwork

Top of the Pops:
Carly Rae Jepsen,
“Call Me Maybe”

By Jody Rosen
Posted Tuesday, June 19, 2012, at 3:20 PM ET

Carly Rae Jepsen performs in May

If you want to get technical, Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” became the No. 1 song in the country last week, nudging Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” out of the top Billboard  spot after an eight-week-long run. But Jepsen’s pop bonbon has been No. 1 by acclamation for a few months now—the People’s Choice, nominated by Justin Bieber and friends, seconded by the Harvard baseball team, thirded by President Obama, and clutched to the bosom of seemingly every man, woman, drag queen, and golden retriever in North America and beyond. “Call Me Maybe” is the kind of 21st century viral phenomenon that makes Billboard’s charts seem quaintly 20th century. The number-crunchers and radio programmers have staggered in late to a party that’s been roaring for weeks.

Culture critics have been pondering the runes of “Call Me Maybe” for a while now, too. One of my favorite takes is Ann Powers’ on the homoeroticism in the “Call Me Maybe” video and its viral offshoots—Jepsen’s doofy hit as an unlikely liberation anthem in this landmark year for marriage equality.

But it is timelessness, not timeliness, that defines “Call Me Maybe.” The musical architecture is classical: the stately procession from verse to “pre-chorus,” the exhilarating bottle-rocket explosion of the chorus. The lyric is pure bubblegum, a guileless-but-lusty meet-cute valentine, delivered by the 26-year-old Jepsen in a spot-on impersonation of a teenager. “Your stare was holdin’ / Ripped jeans, skin was showin’ / Hot night, wind was blowin’ / Where you think you’re goin’, baby?” As artfully artless evocations of summer vacation infatuation go, that’s hard to beat. None of the Brill Building greats could have written it any sharper or plainer.

The key line is in the chorus: “Here’s my number / So call me, maybe?” The genius of the song is how it makes a sing-along out of a question, and a tentative one at that—a Nervous Nellie’s pick-up-line. The vulnerability is underscored by the synthesizer-strings in the refrain: a cutesy sound, so much smaller and less emphatic than the usual pop chorus in the age of “the soar.” It’s been fully five months since Rihanna took one of her thundering club-bangers to the top of the Hot 100, nearly a year since a rapper had a No. 1. (And Pitbull barely counts as a rapper.)  After six weeks of fun.’s “We Are Young,” and eight of “Somebody That I Used to Know,” is it time to conclude that pop is turning a corner, transitioning into a new phase? Maybe?

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

And--
the Serious Covers!
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNMKMuhkHU&feature[/youtube]
Published on Mar 8, 2012 by paradisefears

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTNNFpB9HZ8[/youtube]
Published on Apr 4, 2012 by PrestonLeatherman

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gebYB0y4PGg&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on Mar 11, 2012 by eldoode

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"I think I might get fired."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W8wMrqHr4U[/youtube]
Published on Mar 30, 2012 by hoodwinkedfilms

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

;D ;D
Call me, maybe!

:laugh:

"Camping Out"

Offline jackofalltrades

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Who would thunk it? The A/F boys have abs AND talent!  ;) 

You'd think they could at least afford shirts, or pinch some from work!  :P
Maybe Texas?

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Well, here's some REAL
Canadian Gravy:

OMG! Thud!  I'd like to be close enough to lipread his tattoo!

• BetterMost Supporter!

Well, here's some REAL
Canadian Gravy:

OMG! Thud!  I'd like to be close enough to lipread his tattoo!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Holden Nowell, Esq. of Calgary, Alberta, is something else!!   8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh yeah, he's very spiritual--

Jeremiah 29, 10-14
New International Version (NIV)
A Letter to the Exiles

10 This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

::) ::)

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8&feature[/youtube]
Published on Jul 10, 2012 by SesameStreet
Cookie Monster spoofs Carly Rae Jepsen's song "Call Me Maybe."

"Camping Out"

Offline jackofalltrades

• Jr. Ranch Hand
I'm sure this will start a firestorm, but here goes:

I just don't get tattoos. Here's this guy with a body most of us would give our eye teeth to have and he marks it all up. It's like putting graffiti on a Greek statue. I think he looks so much better with his beautiful skin in its factory color. And, do these guys think about what these torso-encompassing tattoos will look like in twenty or thirty years when they are far from the 30" waists and 3% body fat of their youth?

Think of Johnny Depp and his Winona (now Wino) forever.

- just my opinion, for what it's worth, for what it's worth...
Maybe Texas?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator

I just don't get tattoos. Here's this guy with a body most of us would give our eye teeth to have and he marks it all up. It's like putting graffiti on a Greek statue. I think he looks so much better with his beautiful skin in its factory color. And, do these guys think about what these torso-encompassing tattoos will look like in twenty or thirty years when they are far from the 30" waists and 3% body fat of their youth?

hey you wont start any firestorms by simply stating your taste. Personally I like some tattoos while i dont care much for others.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:50:00 am by Monika »

• BetterMost Supporter!

Holden Nowell
The original factory color and finish.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Camping Out"

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8&feature[/youtube]
Published on Jul 10, 2012 by SesameStreet
Cookie Monster spoofs Carly Rae Jepsen's song "Call Me Maybe."

I love this. I´m a cookie freak.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them

isn´t that a good thing. We like different things.

I can appreciate tattoos. But I have seen a lot of them that I don´t like. Like skulls and other death symbols.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

Won't start a firestorm with me, either. I agree with you, 'hunnerd percent, or almost. I don't mind a small tattoo, but these vast expanses of "body art"?

:P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jackofalltrades

• Jr. Ranch Hand
I don't mind an accent piece, kind of like a pinstripe on a sports car to highlight a ripple or curve, but these billboard tattoos seem to get in the way of me fully appreciating beautiful works of art. :o
Maybe Texas?

Offline oilgun

Well, you are not going to like Montreal's favourite freak pride and joy, Rick Genest aka Zombie Boy:

Here he is with his tattoos covered up with make-up.  He said he couldn't wait for his grandmother to see him sans ink:

Offline jackofalltrades

• Jr. Ranch Hand
It's not so much that I don't like it as I can't understand why someone would do it, but I think if that's what they want to do with their bodies and it doesn't hurt anyone else they can go for it. In this guy's case he's a rather generic-looking bloke who found a way to make himself stand out. (Does seem to limit his career possibilities a bit!  ;)) Personally I find the human body a work of art unto itself.

The beauty of diversity is that we don't have to understand everyone in order to love and support everyone unconditionally.
Maybe Texas?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
In this guy's case he's a rather generic-looking bloke who found a way to make himself stand out.

Some of the pictures of him without tattoos visible posted on this thread actually turn me off. Perhaps it's just posing for the camera, but even if so, it's posing with a look that I've seen a thousand times on stuck-up pretty-boys. Makes me want to slap them and tell them to get over themselves.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwwV1oNoIs&feature=related[/youtube]
Published on Apr 4, 2012 by TheMapleleafVideo [/center]

I love this one!  I like to watch at least one of these parodies in the morning before work. It's a good way to start the day.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
I´ve been thinking on getting a new tattoo for a while now, but not sure what yet. It would be fun to do one in NY though. We´ll see.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
I´ve been thinking on getting a new tattoo for a while now, but not sure what yet. It would be fun to do one in NY though. We´ll see.

Just make sure they use spell check, Monika!  My brother sent me this today:

http://www.clickorlando.com/-/1637238/15468364/-/pv2dhmz/-/index.html

;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
Just make sure they use spell check, Monika!  My brother sent me this today:

http://www.clickorlando.com/-/1637238/15468364/-/pv2dhmz/-/index.html

;D
Ouch! That wasn´t even close

Offline oilgun

This is getting out of hand, lol!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE[/youtube]

• BetterMost Supporter!

This is getting out of hand, lol!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM7i84BThE[/youtube]

I think it's f*g BRILLIANT!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

;D

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Meanwhile--

It's still No. 1 after SIX weeks!!!

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100

:D :D :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8) 8) 8)

"Camping Out"

Offline oilgun

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFVhSDQmIxs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Carly Rae Jepsen's summer hit of 2012, realized in its full choral/orchestral glory.
Arranged by Colin Britt and Arianne Abela, orchestrated by Colin Britt.
Performed by the 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra, a volunteer pickup ensemble conducted by Arianne Abela.
Recorded in New Haven on Sept. 3, 2012.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFVhSDQmIxs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Carly Rae Jepsen's summer hit of 2012, realized in its full choral/orchestral glory.
Arranged by Colin Britt and Arianne Abela, orchestrated by Colin Britt.
Performed by the 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra, a volunteer pickup ensemble conducted by Arianne Abela.
Recorded in New Haven on Sept. 3, 2012.

You beat me to it. I came here to post exactly the same thing. :laugh:

What a great version. A bit slow at the beginning, but don't let that fool you! :)