Author Topic: Happy Independence Day America!  (Read 90198 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Happy Independence Day America!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 03:18:34 pm »
Thought you may enjoy my 4th of July Facebook greeting today, which reflects my strange sense of humor.

Happy 4th of July to everyone who celebrates!
Hope you have fun at the family BBQ!

For those unfamiliar with the scene above, it's from Night of the Living Dead.  Just before this scene, Harry (the man) is shot and stumbles down to the basement where his sick daughter (Karen) is.  He gets to her, and dies.

When we see them again, it's in the scene above.  Karen has reanimated (she died before he came down to the basement), and is eating her father's arm.  Hence my line "fun at the family BBQ".

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 05:38:51 pm »
One of the greatest joys of my recent vacation was the chance to join in an old-fashioned Independence Day celebration in Ten Sleep, Wyoming. People come from miles around to join in a parade, a rodeo, capped by fireworks everywhere and dancing in the streets! Stay tuned here for photos and reminiscence!

Hope you didn't have to beat up any bikers!

And nobody had a slop-bucket mouth.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2021, 05:41:32 pm »
So what do I do this evening? Watch the different Fourth of July celebrations available on TV, or do what I usually do (thus making it a tradition), watching a video of the movie Yankee Doodle Dandy, with the great Jimmy Cagney playing the great George M. Cohan?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2021, 06:01:39 pm »
And nobody had a slop-bucket mouth.

I forgot to mention that the parade leader was Craig Johnson. I talked with him and got his latest book signed.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2021, 06:28:30 pm »
So what do I do this evening? Watch the different Fourth of July celebrations available on TV, or do what I usually do (thus making it a tradition), watching a video of the movie Yankee Doodle Dandy, with the great Jimmy Cagney playing the great George M. Cohan?

I would think go with tradition.  It reminds me of my friend who makes a point of watching "It's a Wonderful Life" each Christmas.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2021, 10:24:13 pm »
I would think go with tradition.  It reminds me of my friend who makes a point of watching "It's a Wonderful Life" each Christmas.

That's what I did. I started the film early enough that it was finished in time for me to watch the city fireworks display from the window at the end of the hall, which faces east toward the Delaware. I now have "A Capital Fourth" on PBS on TV.

I was able to see other fireworks displays from my balcony, off to the southeast in New Jersey, some so far away that they were barely above the horizon.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2021, 10:25:24 pm »
I forgot to mention that the parade leader was Craig Johnson. I talked with him and got his latest book signed.

Which Longmire novel was that?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2023, 11:08:25 am »
Happy Independence Day

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2023, 11:38:26 am »
Happy Independence Day to you, dear Brokie friends! Hope I don't get mad enough to kick some teeth out!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2023, 11:48:06 am »
Happy Independence Day to you, dear Brokie friends! Hope I don't get mad enough to kick some teeth out!

Just stay away from people with slop-bucket mouths.