Author Topic: Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) at 60....  (Read 10642 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) at 60....
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 09:07:34 pm »
I believe he was in a car accident years ago that left him disfigured.  If not for that I'm sure he would look years younger.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 09:26:03 pm »
Guess what--Harrison's 70th Birthday was yesterday (born July 13, 1942)! How about that!

Happy Birthday, Harrison!

Yup. That's how I knew to write my comment. I stumbled on that information yesterday when I was looking up something else at IMDb. I was so shocked I would have clutched my pearls if I had any pearls to clutch.  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 05:07:41 am »

George Lucas and gang chat on the set of The Empire Strikes Back.

Carrie Fisher and her stunt double suntan while on break on the set of Return Of
The Jedi.

Behind the scenes of the Star Wars  Holiday special.

The guy who played R2 D2 (Kenny Baker) chows down on a sandwich while on the
set of Star Wars.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 11:56:50 am »
I don't remember the Holiday Special.  ???

That picture of Kenny Baker is hysterical!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »
Mark Hamill is in Montreal this weekend for a screening of his latest film, Sushi Girl, which is showing at The Fantasia film fest.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAibJlPP5fo[/youtube]

After serving a six-year prison sentence on an armed robbery charge, professional criminal Fish (Noah Hathaway) is out on the streets. To his surprise, he gets picked up at the prison gates by a henchman of his old boss Duke (Tony Todd) and is driven immediately to a spectacular underworld rendezvous, ostensibly to celebrate his freedom. Duke has a very special evening planned, one that will be both reunion and interrogation. He and his crew of baddies assemble around a long table to dine on delicacies being served off the body of a naked young woman who has undergone training to be able to lie perfectly still regardless of whatever may be happening around her. Needless to say, that skill is about to be put to the test in utterly lunatic ways as conversations intensify and violent situations erupt all around her. Tonight, questions will be answered. And everyone will bleed.

Witty, clever, imaginatively directed and full of inspired casting choices, SUSHI GIRL is an auspicious feature debut from Kern Saxton. Few films would have the vision or madness to bring together an ensemble that alongside Hathaway and Todd includes Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill, as a bloodthirsty sadist Gregg Araki regular and DONNIE DARKO co-star James Duval and serial heavy Andy Mackenzie (SHOOT ’EM UP), then go one further by bringing in a slew of legendary cult performers for a variety of minor-but-memorable incidental roles —no less than Sonny Chiba (STREET FIGHTER), Michael Biehn (THE TERMINATOR), Danny Trejo (MACHETE) and Jeff Fahey (BODY PARTS)! Todd, who also co-produced, is fantastic here, oozing with controlled menace and charm. The CANDYMAN star has never been better. Hathaway in the lead is perhaps the film’s most audacious choice — he’s a former TV child actor circa from the late ’70s/early ’80s whom you’ve almost certainly seen many times, having appeared on everything from CHIPS and MORK & MINDY to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, before starring in THE NEVERENDING STORY! Clearly influenced by the screenwriting of Quentin Tarantino, with delicious dialogue exchanges that can stretch on for pages at a time and hyper-intimate moments of violence that will positively drop you, SUSHI GIRL is entertaining, surprising, and just plain fun. Live dangerously. Hit it raw.

http://www.fantasiafest.com/2012/en/films-schedule/50/sushi-girl