Author Topic: New Focus Features Project  (Read 2966 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
New Focus Features Project
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:24:36 am »
Oh Geeez.......well.....I guess they can't all be winners.

After bringing us such films as "Brokeback Mountian," "The Kids Are Alright," "Pride & Prejudice," "Milk" and other films.....Focus Features will be bringing us the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades Of Grey."

http://focusfeatures.com/latestnews/michael_de_luca_and_dana_brunetti_to_produce_fifty_shades_of_g

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: New Focus Features Project
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 01:01:37 am »

I have to admit it will probably make them tons of money..  However since I am not one to follow trendy things like "shades."  I have
neither read that book, nor intend to see the movie either.  Good luck with that!!  I have heard, honestly from the writer herself, "It was
a piece of crap, and I never believed it would be published.  Let alone be the hit that it has become..."  Just goes to show...?

The only real trendy book set I have gotten into was the Harry Potter series.  My grandaughter kept cajolling me into reading it.  Finally
got me into it, by reading it outloud to me.. hahah I got hooked and then continued on my own...  I am glad she did.  I enjoyed it very much.

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:02:32 pm »
Who knows, maybe they'll figure out a way to make it beautiful and touching in some way, like they've done with everything else.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, based on how they've enriched my life so far.  If nothing else, hopefully this will garner them lots of money in order to continue producing smaller, lesser-known projects.

Janice, are you saying you personally know the author of Fifty Shades?  How?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:47:23 pm »
I heard that the original story was written as "Twilight" fanfic, and not very good fanfic at that.  The public is largely unaware of the existence of fanfic, or books like that would be in much less demand.  I guess Focus Features is welcome to give it a try.  Maybe the bigger studios didn't want to handle the explicitness of the content.
Ich bin ein Brokie...