Author Topic: London Olympics - News & Views  (Read 234286 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: London Olympics - News & Views
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 04:49:51 am »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I5rpRSOw7Ic[/youtube]

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 04:59:57 am »
Reposting Day Two's Google Doodle

Archery

Hey Look! There's the Mokingjay!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 05:19:51 am »
I don´t know if this is a good thing...but I am hooked on the olympics from day one. I´m watching Beach Volley, Swimming, Cycling sense this morning.. I´m afraid it´s gonna be a lot of hours infront of the telly.

I watch the entire Olympic ceremony last night. 4,5 hours later I was stooned death. But I manage to see the whole thing. It was amazing. The story´s, the music shows, the guest´s appearance, the fire works, the volunteers. I loved it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 11:05:00 am »
(Re: The athletes in the Parade of Nations)

And Good Looking!!

Healthy people have a glow about them. Even the women (gay man here - don't usually notice 'em) were quite attractive.

I agree, 'hunnerd percent. I was thinking the same thing, even about the young women, as I was watching the parade. Some of those young folks were smiling so broadly you'd think their faces would crack.  ;D

I might get use to the American beret, but right now, I'm still not likin' 'em much.

I don't think too much of those berets, either. However, since it was pointed out that the U.S. military wears berets these days, I guess we U.S. folks aren't allowed to criticize them.  ::)  ;)  ;D

(I suppose you've heard the controversy about the uniforms being designed by Ralph Lauren but manufactured in China? I heard yesterday that the uniforms for the Winter Olympics will be manufactured in the U.S.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 11:10:23 am »
I don´t know if this is a good thing...but I am hooked on the olympics from day one. I´m watching Beach Volley, Swimming, Cycling sense this morning.. I´m afraid it´s gonna be a lot of hours infront of the telly.

I heard Michael Phelps barely qualified for the 400 m Individual Medley (I think I have the even correct?).

At the risk of sounding mean-spirited, I think Phelps is old news. I have a sneaking suspicion that despite what he says publicly, at some level he just no longer has the fire in him that he had four years ago.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 11:19:36 am »
Big disappointment this morning in woman's basketball.

After trailing the #2 seeded Russians for the first five minutes of the game, Canada (ranked 10th) came back to build a 12 point lead, reduced to 7 by the end of the first quarter. They continued to lead even rebuilding a 10 point lead at the start of the 4th quarter. Then the Russians poured it on and with about 3 minutes left, the game was tied and the final score showed a 5 point victory for the Russian women.  :(

Guess it's true - what Jed Bartlet said ... "The (basketball) game is decided in the last two minutes".
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 11:37:27 am »
The women's soccer team (ranked 6th) lost to Japan (ranked 1st) by a score of 2-1 in their first divisional match. At the beginning of the current game, the pundits were saying they needed to beat the South Africans by 3 points in case they end up tied for third.

Guess what - The Canadian woman's soccer team won 3-0 against the South Africans.

Neither the basketball team nor the soccer team are expected to medal (the men haven't even qualified), but it's nice to see them outperform.

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 11:52:08 am »
The women's soccer team (ranked 6th) lost to Japan (ranked 1st) by a score of 2-1 in their first divisional match. At the beginning of the current game, the pundits were saying they needed to beat the South Africans by 3 points in case they end up tied for third.

Guess what - The Canadian woman's soccer team won 3-0 against the South Africans.

Neither the basketball team nor the soccer team are expected to medal (the men haven't even qualified), but it's nice to see them outperform.

the soccer team´s has to have players under the age of 23. Only three players can be above.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »
Yeehaw!  :D

I just saw on AOL News/Huffpost that Ryan Lochte won the gold in the men's 400 m individual medley.  :D

Michael Phelps came in fourth.  8)

I can't remember: How far "ahead" of the U.S. east coast is London, 4 hours or 6 hours?  ???

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 05:38:11 pm »
I can't remember: How far "ahead" of the U.S. east coast is London, 4 hours or 6 hours?  ???