Author Topic: I just saw "Rank"  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I just saw "Rank"
« on: October 09, 2006, 10:52:28 pm »
It's a documentary about professional bullriding. Some real high-class entertainment!  ;D

Seriously, when I got home from work this afternoon, I checked the TV Guide listings for this evening, and noticed that the Independent Film Channel was showing Rank. Happily, my cable provider carries IFC, so I got to see it. It was very interesting, I really enjoyed it, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

The film centers on the 2004 finals in Las Vegas. Some mighty fine specimens of real life Jack Twists on display.  ;D And the film doesn't overly glamorize bullriding, either. You see plenty of x-rays of broken limbs held together with screws. One boy has a nasty scar on his head where he had surgery to drain an intracranial hematoma. And the grandfather of one of the riders was killed bullriding at age 48 (my age now-- :P ).

Still, all in all, Rank is very worth seeing.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: I just saw "Rank"
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:44:04 pm »
Here's a link to the web site for Justin McBride, one of the guys featured in Rank:

http://www.justinmcbride.com

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.