Author Topic: ROAD TRIP: A BBM Game  (Read 420945 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: ROAD TRIP: A New BBM Game
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2006, 07:08:57 pm »
Rimbey, AB

Frostfree Nosepumps Ltd. is owned and operated by Jim and Jackie Anderson of Rimbey, Alberta, who also operate a second generation cattle ranch. The motivation to develop this pump came from the desire to utilize remote pastures and alternative winter feeding sites and to protect riparian areas. They are enthused to share this useful tool with other producers.

The construction and operation of the nosepump is simple and energy free, other than the energy required by the cow to operate the lever.

The design of this waterer includes a small, enclosed trough with a lever apparatus that is pushed by the cow's nose. This is set on top of a culvert, set vertically into the ground to whatever depth is required to make use of the ground water or dugout level. An installation depth of at least 20' with a minimum 24" diameter culvert is recommended in order to capture sufficient geothermal heat. The nose-powered lever apparatus operates a piston pump which is suspended in the well - much like the old hand pumps. With provision for frost protection (outlined on Prevent Freezing page), the pumps work trouble free.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 07:16:15 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2006, 07:11:38 pm »
Yoder, WY

According to the database I am using, we have posted all three Y towns in Wyoming: Y-O Ranch, Yanceys, and Yoder.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2006, 08:09:55 pm »
Somewhere over the Rainbow, Texas

"... Among the first settlers was William Porter, who established a school in the late 1860s; for several decades the area was referred to as the Porter school district. By the 1890s a community had developed, and the residents requested a post office. When the townspeople gathered to name the community a thunderstorm broke out, followed by a rainbow. The residents, struck by the beauty of the rainbow, named their town after it...." From The Handbook of Texas

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2006, 10:39:03 pm »
Wyarno, WY

Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2006, 11:55:39 pm »
Odem, TX

Trains passing each other near Odem, TX
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 12:12:27 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2006, 04:30:50 am »
Medicine Hat, AB

From today's "Ticked Off & Tickled Pink" section of The Medicine Hat News"

Ticked off
I’m ticked off with the thousands of smokers in Medicine Hat who don’t think cigarette butts are litter. Maybe they should ask the fish in the river that have to put up with all the butts that get flushed down the storm sewer every year. Just think of what the parking lots and streets would look like if everyone threw their pop bottles and cans out wherever they happen to be.

Ticked off
I’m ticked off. I moved down from Edmonton a year ago. I’ve never been a rich person. Sometimes in Edmonton I’d go to second-hand stores and I would take things I need. They always cleaned up the mess. Then I come to Medicine Hat and the same places are just a horrid mess. Here it’s like a tornado went through. There’s no respect.

Ticked off
By a local school they’ve made it all nice. They’ve put in grass and new ball diamonds. But they still have those ugly barricades there. I don’t know why they don’t open that up and let the traffic go through there? It’s kind of an eye sore.

Ticked off
During the first game of the Western Hockey League season I wasn’t impressed with the new rules. There’s absolutely no flow to the game. It’s a constant penalty parade. I think it’s made a mockery of the game. It’s high scoring but there’s no flow to the game. I think something has to be done.

Tickled pink
I’m tickled pink with the couple who stopped to see if we had a ride home following a late bingo evening and then waited in the parking lot until our ride arrived. Your concern was greatly appreciated.

Ticked off
I’m ticked off about the bus shelter across from the hospital. It’s a pigsty. Everyone goes in there to smoke. There are cigarette butts everywhere. If they’re going to smoke, they should clean up behind themselves.

Ticked off
There’s no need for change at the intersection of Eagle Butte Road and the Trans-Canada Highway. It’s a perfectly safe intersection as long as drivers entering the Trans-Canada Highway from Eagle Butte Road obey the highway code and stop. Proceed only when it’s safe to do so. After a major accident at the intersection, drivers are still not stopping. Unmarked police cars at this intersection would encounter numerous violations.

Ticked off
To the person who hit the mother duck and her ducklings. He or she should have their licence taken away.

Ticked off
I’m ticked off with the person who suggested we destroyed crows nests every spring. Crows wouldn’t be waking you up every morning if we humans wouldn’t build our big houses in the middle of their territory destroying the ecosystem as we go. Just imagine what the rest of Mother Nature’s creatures think of us. The sun wakes me every morning but I didn’t try to destroy it. I bought bigger drapes. Invest in earplugs.

Tickled pink
I’d be tickled pink if we could find out for sure which stores are coming to Medicine Hat.

© Copyright by Medicine Hat News.com
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:42:19 am by Ellemeno »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2006, 06:42:02 am »
I have actually been to Medicine Hat, AB. We bought a case of beer there at the liquor store (the only place to buy beer in the town) and as we left, the guy there said, "Drink up! And hurry back!" That was in 1979 and we haven't made it back since.

On with the the game. A T town...how about:

Toltec, WY

Leslie

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2006, 07:37:49 am »
Canmore, Alberta
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2006, 09:37:25 am »
Evansville, Wy

You can by this house in Evansville for $395.000.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:43:12 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2006, 09:50:03 am »
Elkhorn Junction, WY

Leslie