Author Topic: Longmire  (Read 27257 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Longmire
« on: June 28, 2013, 11:24:17 am »
I have been watching this drama on A&E called "Longmire", which centers around a Sheriffs office in Wyoming. I can't help but think it has been influenced by Brokeback Mountain. Even some of the music they use song like Gustavo himself. If you get a chance check it out.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-ZrF2HJjY[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Longmire
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:32:34 pm »
I have been watching this drama on A&E called "Longmire", which centers around a Sheriffs office in Wyoming. I can't help but think it has been influenced by Brokeback Mountain. Even some of the music they use song like Gustavo himself. If you get a chance check it out.

The series, now in its second season, is very good, and the series of eight novels that inspired it is even better. Check those out, too!  :) (They should be read in order, starting with the first, The Cold Dish.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »
Thanks Jeff, I will put those on my list. Maybe I can take them with me on the flight to Australia (25 hrs. total).
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 02:58:49 pm »
Thanks Jeff, I will put those on my list. Maybe I can take them with me on the flight to Australia (25 hrs. total).

I would think the novels would make the time pass quickly and pleasantly on a journey to Australia.  :) 

My bad. I forgot to mention the author's name: Craig Johnson.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 05:10:21 pm »
Tru, you are right, it's very "Brokeback-ish", at least to me.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:36:23 am »
I discovered this morning that after I left work yesterday, an e-mail came in from the Buffalo, WY, Chamber of Commerce to let me know that the schedule for this year's Longmire Days, July 18-20, was now available.  :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:07:10 am »
I discovered this morning that after I left work yesterday, an e-mail came in from the Buffalo, WY, Chamber of Commerce to let me know that the schedule for this year's Longmire Days, July 18-20, was now available.  :)

Go for it! :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 01:29:34 pm »

Go for it! :)

I'm no longer so sure. They had huge, really huge, crowds last year, and it might already be too late to get some place to stay in Buffalo.  :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 07:48:49 pm »
I have stayed at the Z-Bar Cabins and Motel. It was okay, by Wyoming standards. Not quite the Siesta Motel, but close.  :P
http://www.zbarcabinsandmotel.com/
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 08:07:27 pm »
I have stayed at the Z-Bar Cabins and Motel. It was okay, by Wyoming standards. Not quite the Siesta Motel, but close.  :P
http://www.zbarcabinsandmotel.com/

Thanks for the warning review, FRiend.

I'm pretty much over the Siesta Motel. The bathrooms make me feel that I need to take a shower--somewhere else!  :laugh: If I ever have occasion again to spend the night in Powder Junction Kaycee, I believe there is another place farther up the street.