Author Topic: Celebrating Six Months: Share your Favorite BetterMost CT or IMDb PT Story  (Read 2691 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
In keeping with our celebration of six months (and 11 days) at BetterMost, we thought it'd be fun to share our favorite Chez Tremblay or IMDb Pierre Tremblay stories.  These can be stories told by other members here on the board or something you've experienced out in the "real world" as a result of or related to this board.

The first one that comes to my mind is how cool it was when Nicole, Pierre's wife, joined us for a time at his board over on IMDb - mostly out of curiosity and perhaps more than a little... concern - and then out of comraderie and friendship.  She then "followed" us over here for a brief time, but feeling kind of conflicted, unfortunately for us, about sharing BBM stories kept her away.  Still, it was lovely to have her here while it lasted, and it was wonderful of Pierre himself to answer technical questions we asked him about the film over at IMDb.  They're both great people who I'm sure have a bright future ahead of them no matter what projects they undertake.

Anyone else want to take a shot at this?  :)

No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
The first Tremblayan story that popped into my mind was when Ray and Sheyne first met, and he brought her a goldfish, and the three of them had their picture taken together.  The second story that came to me about as quickly was when Meryl and Jenny newyearsday serendipitously met for the first time at a theater showing BBM and discovered they were each other, two friends who hadn't met until then. 

Next comes to mind how Banner Hill was driving along a Santa Monica street he doesn't normally drive, and there on the darkened Aero theater marquee it said something like "Ang Lee and the cast of Brokeback Mountain."  Astonished he checked into it, and reported it to us.  I wavered for about two minutes and then went online and bought two tickets to it, even though it was over 1000 miles away.  Ticket to the Aero: $9.  Airfare, hotel, etc: a lot more.  The experience of seeing Heath, Jake, Michelle, Diana Ossana, Gustavo and Rodrigo with some true blue Brokies: priceless.

The next story I think of - John Gallagher's stroke and recovery and the love he got from NY Brokies.  We love John!

The next story I think of just happened: There we were in the chat a week and a half ago, celebrating Chez Tremblay's anniversary and what we have experienced together, a great gang of oldtimers and new, and in popped Casey Cornelius, and we yukked it up with him for a long time.  That was a highlight of my Brokie career too.

Saying 'Brokie career' makes me think about when a large group of mingling Brokies from all boards, plus even board-less Brokies (the poor dears) filled the sidewalk outside of the Castro Theater in San Francisco, and I had more than a couple of people gasp when they met me and say, "You're THE Ellemeno!?!"  One woman had her friend come over fast to meet me, "It's Ellemeno!"  That was a different kind of experience.  And I hasten to say, I wasn't the only Tremblayan that day to experience that. 

Peeing my pants laughing filling threads with emoticon and emotional scenes from BBM.  Reading yours.

Getting very familiar with a certain online dictionary over the months, looking for words for the ABCs thread, and eventually having to quit that online dictionary for a new one, because I had literally used it up, no more BBM-related words in it that we hadn't used.  Whodathunk that was possible?

Putting people on ignore, taking people off ignore.

The Warshrag and Friends.

The miracle of this photo and others like it:

Getting an email from Celeste on March 30th, saying something like, "I think I may have found us a home....."

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:13:42 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Barb and Clarissa,

All your stories bring back memories...  Gosh, we have been through a lot in the short 8 months (including 2 month on IMDb PT).  I have to run now, but I promise I will come back with my favorite ones.  Please keep them coming.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
I can think of so many...but two leap to mind. There was the Saturday that I spent posting on the ABCs game. I was all alone at my house. My whole family had abandoned me. But I had a lovely day anyway. I would post a word, then go walk the dog or water the lawn. Then come back and it was time for me to post another word. Then, I would chat a little, drink a little whiskey...and that evening, Toast posted the song "Send in the [ABC] Clowns" and it was like he was serenading me. It was a magical, serene, word-filled day, my kind of day!

Another wonderful experience I had happened...today!! I was talking with Scott about films. He is such a repository of wisdom about wonderful movies. I called him my McMurtry and fantacized that I was Ossana. Am Ossana! Those are some of the happy stories.. But I have many more that are bittersweet, or downright tragic. All in the tradition of Brokeback Mountain, I keep them in my heart. Maybe there will be the forum to share them, or maybe not.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
I love the ones already suggested and they are well known to me too. The Nicole and Pierre posts were – I must go back and look at that thread and remind myself how they did that sheep carcass scene! Or the Elk that got shot my a tranquilizer dart! Heh.

My favourite stories?

That I wanted to show my Brokeback love and when some random person on the board suggested making up t shirt and I got quite enthusiastic coming up with Slogans. That person was Jenny (newyearsday) and after tons of suggestions and questions back and forth we actually had a conversation that wasn’t about t shirts! She was the one that invited me over to the  PT safe haven. Who knows whether I would still be here if it wasn’t for her.

I guy that had a little bit of a fancy for me (He had a girlfriend – so I wasn’t interested!) wearing a checked cowboy style shirt and jeans on a night out and everyone teasing me and him relentlessly because he had worn a brokeback outfit for me.

I loved how the fun side came out – I know I’m addicted to BBM because or the Cowboy etiquette or the choose my emoticon thread were great fun in an otherwise very serious posting area

I also quite liked getting the better of those trolls. And me and Jude took the Euro shift slaying the trolls while you guys slept.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
yeah, memories. I still remember Barb's story about confront a guy friend about why he wouldn't be interesting in see this movie, and his finally admitting that Barb had called him on his double standard. I was so proud of Barb.

Also remember Reana's story about posting fliers in various cafes in India to help promote the movie?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:52:09 pm by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
ooh yeah i do remember that
Also remember Reana's story about posting fliers in various cafes in India to help promote the movie?
Loving the nhew profile pic btw!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/