Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 147586 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh! (was: Guess who became 38 years old today!)
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2007, 01:40:55 pm »
Here is perspective for you.

Yesterday (Saturday) I met some of my fellow Rosicrucians (or roasted croutons as we call them) at the local lodge in Melbourne. I ate a very large quantity of fresh tropical Australian watermelon, and mentioned to them that I and many of my friends are complete squeeing (I used another word) fans.

And a very sober lady looked up at me and squinted slightly and said "I studied philosophy in school with Hugh Jackman, he didn't seem like anyone special at the time... barely noticed him."

Did he get pretty by some mystical means? Neither she nor anyone else sitting in the room had ever seen one of his films!  Then another lady piped up and said "Movie stars aren't much.  I know one of them, his mother is German, father is Bulgarian.  Used to be Banna(unintelligible Bulgarian name).  Goes by Eric Bana now. Had him over to the house I don't know how many times."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2007, 03:46:59 pm »
Here is perspective for you.

Yesterday (Saturday) I met some of my fellow Rosicrucians (or roasted croutons as we call them) at the local lodge in Melbourne. I ate a very large quantity of fresh tropical Australian watermelon, and mentioned to them that I and many of my friends are complete squeeing (I used another word) fans.

And a very sober lady looked up at me and squinted slightly and said "I studied philosophy in school with Hugh Jackman, he didn't seem like anyone special at the time... barely noticed him."

Did he get pretty by some mystical means? Neither she nor anyone else sitting in the room had ever seen one of his films!  Then another lady piped up and said "Movie stars aren't much.  I know one of them, his mother is German, father is Bulgarian.  Used to be Banna(unintelligible Bulgarian name).  Goes by Eric Bana now. Had him over to the house I don't know how many times."

Eric Banadinovich. He is sooooooooooo HOT!! I went to see Munich and had a hard time paying attention to the plot because I couldn't stop looking at him. Here's a picture

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 04:02:48 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2007, 05:17:35 pm »
I don't think that the 87 year old woman I was talking to was all that impressed by his muscles!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2007, 03:31:41 am »
Eric Banadinovich. He is sooooooooooo HOT!! I went to see Munich and had a hard time paying attention to the plot because I couldn't stop looking at him. Here's a picture

Hehehee... You talk to most Aussies and we just remember Eric Bana as the dorky little comedian from the TV. He's a very good impersonator, which is probably why he makes a good actor as well.  We all thought he was just a funny guy until the opportunity came up for him to play Mark "Chopper" Read, a notorious Aussie thug, crim and murderer. He just NAILED this guy in the movie and suddenly everybody was like "wow, he can ACT!"  He gained heaps of weight to play him and if you've ever seen the real "Chopper" interviewed... oh god, he just nailed him.

I'm really glad that Hollywood has noticed though - he deserves it.   :)
Chut up!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2007, 05:17:53 am »
Sheyne!  There you are!

I was inquiring about where you were, I have come to Australia and I am on a Hugh-hunt!  Well really I got a job in Melbourne, but... I want to get to know all of the Aussie Bettermostians if I can.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2007, 06:58:34 am »
Hehehee... You talk to most Aussies and we just remember Eric Bana as the dorky little comedian from the TV. He's a very good impersonator, which is probably why he makes a good actor as well.  We all thought he was just a funny guy until the opportunity came up for him to play Mark "Chopper" Read, a notorious Aussie thug, crim and murderer. He just NAILED this guy in the movie and suddenly everybody was like "wow, he can ACT!"  He gained heaps of weight to play him and if you've ever seen the real "Chopper" interviewed... oh god, he just nailed him.

I'm really glad that Hollywood has noticed though - he deserves it.   :)

Hey Sheyne, good to see you back! I can't imagine Eric Bana as dorky man! LOL He certainly outgrew it. He's so hot  :P  :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2007, 06:15:59 pm »
Sheyne!  There you are!

I was inquiring about where you were, I have come to Australia and I am on a Hugh-hunt!  Well really I got a job in Melbourne, but... I want to get to know all of the Aussie Bettermostians if I can.

Hey!  Melbourne is awesome but sorry you had to get your way here during the worst drought we've had in 30 years  :-\  God it'd be so cool to meet up with you at some stage. I'm in Brisbane tho - its in a slightly worse drought-affected part of Australia waay up north.

Hugh-hunt...  :laugh: :laugh:   Didn't he move to LA???
Chut up!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2007, 10:51:11 pm »
oh no, he has a house in New York and put his son into school there, but his company is based in Sydney still.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2007, 07:54:59 am »
This guy is wandering around, delivering flowers. Just thought I needed to share this with everyone...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2007, 01:59:15 pm »
Oh, i know HIM !!  ::)  ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'