Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 148031 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2007, 10:44:05 am »
that is a fascinating article about love stories.  I can't believe they make so many adolescent male stories with the potty humor!  I laughed aloud at "Bromance!"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2007, 09:15:33 am »
From Variety:

Jackman pacts with CBS Paramount

Seed Prods. inks first comprehensive TV deal

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS Paramount is betting big on "Viva Laughlin!" exec producers Hugh Jackman and John Palermo.

Eye's studio arm has inked a two-year, seven-figure overall deal with Jackman and Palermo's Seed Prods. It's the first comprehensive TV pact for the 18-month-old company, which remains based at 20th Century Fox for features.

Palermo said Seed is looking to produce a wide variety of projects, from scripted comedies and dramas to reality shows. It's even come up with an unconventional plan to find an exec to run its reality department: asking candidates to submit their applications via YouTube.

CBS Par Network TV prexy David Stapf, whose studio co-produces "Viva" with Sony Pictures TV, said he expects "a productive future" with the two producers.

"Their creative instincts and breadth of relationships make them a terrific partner in developing shows," he said.

Jackman, meanwhile, predicted that "Viva" would be "just the first of many interesting collaborations between Seed and the studio."

"Viva" stemmed from a deal Seed struck last year with the CBS network under which the network developed three scripts and guaranteed production of a pilot.

New pact is more broad-ranging and will have Seed potentially producing for all nets. Palermo expects to hire up to four TV staffers to fill offices on the CBS Par lot at the Radford Studios.

While the company is already looking for an experienced development person to take on scripted projects, Palermo and Jackman decided to take an unconventional approach to the search process for an alternative exec.

"For this position, I won't be reviewing anyone's paper resume," Palermo said. Instead, applicants will have to create a videotaped bid for the position and upload it to YouTube.

"If you want this job, you're going to have to be creative in getting it," he said. "What better way to find someone who can create smart unscripted programming than someone who knows how to make their own 'reality' video?"

Palermo said the YouTube search is "a good opportunity for those people who didn't go to Brown or Yale or NYU Film School to show that they have talent."

Seed is still working on the mechanism for accepting applications and is expected to announce details later this year.

As for the kinds of projects Seed is looking to produce, Palermo said passion for an idea is key.

"Hugh and I are both led by our curiosity," he said. "We have tons of interests, and we're not interested in making shows that are expected."

Seed is busy with multiple film projects both in the U.S. and Australia. In addition to its U.S. film deal with 20th, Seed also has a TV/feature deal with News Corp. in Oz, maintaining offices in Sydney and L.A.

Company just wrapped "The Tourist," which stars Jackman and Ewan McGregor. It's also expecting to begin work on the "X-Men" spinoff "Wolverine," which Seed is producing with 20th, and a new take on "Carousel." Deal was brokered by Endeavor.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117970395.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2007, 02:35:12 pm »
oooh new pictures at jackmanslanding.com

yummy

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2007, 02:36:19 pm »
he knows he looks sexy in a suit!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2007, 02:46:05 pm »
and more yummy Hugh

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2007, 11:05:51 am »

Stars welcomed in the outback

By Jonathon Moran

August 19, 2007 12:00am

FROM Sydney to Bowen, Darwin and now Kununurra, Aboriginal communities have been welcoming Hollywood royalty.

At Kununurra in West Australia, the Miriwoong and Gajirrawoong communities conducted welcome to country ceremonies for the stars of Baz Luhrmann's new epic Australia, Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

As part of the ceremony, Kidman and Jackman, along with Australia's cast and crew, were told local stories, watched traditional dances and splashed with water from the local river.

Kidman said: "It was beautiful to receive the blessings. I felt very honoured to be a part of this deeply spiritual land. The warmth and kindness (they) are showing us is very much appreciated''.

Production on the film - described as an antipodean Gone With The Wind - began in Sydney in April.

The $100 million-plus 20th Century Fox action-adventure, set in Australia's arid north before World War II, will open next year.

Kidman plays Lady Sarah Ashley, an English aristocrat left in charge of a huge cattle station.

Jackman plays a drover who helps move her cattle, under the threat of Darwin being bombed by the Japanese.

Luhrmann said outback filming was important to the film's integrity.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2007, 02:01:29 am »
Great pictures Louise  :)

I'm really looking forward to this new Jackman film Australia. Any news when it will be released Leslie?
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2007, 07:29:50 am »
Great pictures Louise  :)

I'm really looking forward to this new Jackman film Australia. Any news when it will be released Leslie?

I can't find anything more specific than "2008."

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2007, 07:30:30 am »
More news from the set of Australia:

Nicole Kidman is one generous showbiz type.

Just ask any member of the cast on her latest flick.

They've got her to thank for keep them in hot drinks during filming.

We don't mean she's been playing mum and pouring out the tea.

But she has been footing the bill from the coffee cart serving the 200-strong cast and crew each day.

We don't claim to be mathematicians but even we can see that's got to add up to a weighty sum.

But it seems that she likes to have the best for those she works with... so the usual set catering was binned and Nic's preferred first-class coffee cart was brought in.

But it came at a price... in just one day last week more than 1,000 cups of coffee were served, costing £1,500.

And last week's cuppers racked up a total of £7,000.

But even a film star's generosity can only be stretched so far, and Nic has decided to hand over the reins to her co-star Hugh Jackman as of next week.

They've hearts of gold these showbiz types.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #259 on: September 03, 2007, 09:43:47 am »
And more news...

Stars come out for $15 bush dance
3rd September 2007, 15:15 WST

When Kununurra residents received invitations to the inaugural NAIDOC ball, nowhere did it say the party was an A-list event.

So guests were stunned last night when Hollywood actress Nicole Kidman and her husband Keith Urban walked in and mingled with the 200-strong crowd.

Word spread quickly that the $15-a-ticket ball was turning into one of WA’s most star-studded gatherings of the year when Hugh Jackman and partner Deborra-Lee Furness followed.

It was a night locals won’t forget in a hurry. “We had extended an invitation to the stars but we didn’t actually expect anyone to turn up,” Waringarri Aboriginal Corporation chief executive Richard Beeck said. “Everyone was thrilled.”

Nathan Dyer, 28, said Kidman and Jackman spent 15 minutes mingling and posing for photos.

“It started off fairly low-key but suddenly everyone started whispering and pointing at the door and people realised Nicole was in the room,” he said. “At first, they weren’t sure whether to go up to them but when a few people introduced themselves, everyone rushed over hoping to shake hands.”

The stars have spent the past five weeks in the Kimberley filming Baz Luhrmann’s romantic epic film Australia.

Tourism Minister Sheila McHale said $500,000 was ploughed into the WA economy during shooting alone.