Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 147273 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2008, 08:19:24 am »
Black Eyed Peas singer joins "Wolverine" cast

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:49am EST

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Black Eyed Peas singer Will.i.am will make his feature acting debut in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch and Lynn Collins also have joined the Fox project, and Ryan Reynolds is making a cameo. Gavin Hood ("Tsotsi") is directing.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular mutant superhero.

Will.i.am, whose real name is William Adams, will play Wraith, a mutant with the power to turn himself translucent.

Huston, who most recently appeared in "30 Days of Night," is playing Stryker, the military general who subjected Wolverine to the experiment that laced his bones with an unbreakable metal called adamantium. Brian Cox played the character in "X2: X-Men United."

Kitsch, one of the stars of NBC's "Friday Night Lights," is playing Gambit, a Cajun thief whose powers include the manipulation of kinetic energy, which allows him to use card-throwing to deadly effect.

Collins ("The Number 23") will play as Kayla Silverfox, Wolverine's lover and a member of Team X, a superpowered covert ops team.

Reynolds, onscreen in "Definitely, Maybe," will appear as Deadpool, a wisecracking mercenary.

Liev Schreiber already has been cast as Victor Creed, a mutant with bestial superpowers who also is known as Sabretooth.

Production began this month in New Zealand before moving to Australia. A New Orleans shoot also is on the docket. Fox is releasing the film everywhere May 1, 2009.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSN2030032120080220?sp=true
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2008, 08:23:49 am »
and from Variety:

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=print_story&articleid=VR1117981136&categoryid=13

Posted: Tue., Feb. 19, 2008, 3:00pm PT

Reynolds, will.i.am join 'Wolverine'
Taylor Kitsch to play Gambit in Hood's 'Origins'

By MARC GRASER, MARC GRASER, MARC GRASER, TATIANA SIEGEL

Twentieth Century Fox has added three more superheroes to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," with Ryan Reynolds set to play Deadpool, "Friday Night Lights" regular Taylor Kitsch to star as Gambit and hip-hop artist will.i.am joining the cast as John Wraith.

Liev Schreiber, Danny Huston and Lynn Collins round out the cast as Victor Creed/Sabretooth, Col. William Stryker and Kayla Silver Fox, respectively.

Hugh Jackman reprises the role of Wolverine in the "X-Men" spinoff that Gavin Hood is lensing in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans. Pic bows May 1, 2009.

David Benioff penned the script, which would reveal the origins of the Wolverine character and introduce other mutants not yet seen in the "X-Men" franchise.

Marvel has been eyeing the possibility of casting Reynolds as Deadpool, an assassin with self-healing powers, for some time with the idea of spinning off the character into his own film series should the character prove popular among moviegoers.

Fox and Marvel have also long wanted to add the card-throwing character of Gambit to the "X-Men" franchise but could never find a way to give him enough screen time among the many other mutants that have appeared in each film.

Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am will play Wraith, a mutant who has the power to teleport, and is another test subject of the Weapon X program that created Wolverine and other mercenaries. It would be his first film role.

Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter are producing with Jackman and his Seed Prods. producing partner John Palermo. Marvel's Kevin Feige exec produces.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2008, 11:26:42 pm »
New pics of Hugh Jackman with his pumped up Wolverine figure:  holy smoke!

more here from Just Jared:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/24/hugh-jackman-washboard-abs/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 09:53:07 am by MaineWriter »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2008, 11:27:29 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #324 on: February 29, 2008, 08:57:35 am »
Holy smoke, Hugh! Phew! Those are some good pictures....

L

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #325 on: February 29, 2008, 09:09:07 am »
Holy smoke, Hugh! Phew! Those are some good pictures....

L

That sure is a good piccy Leslie.  :o :o :o Do you wanna know what I,d like to do to that perfect tummy?? No maybe that,s a bit too much information lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #326 on: February 29, 2008, 09:20:46 am »
That sure is a good piccy Leslie.  :o :o :o Do you wanna know what I,d like to do to that perfect tummy?? No maybe that,s a bit too much information lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hahahahah my imagination is working overtime right now...and it is only 8:20 am! LOL

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #327 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:04 am »

Hahahahah my imagination is working overtime right now...and it is only 8:20 am! LOL

Well now speaking of your imagination Leslie, I don,t spose it feels like stretching to a little story about "your boys" building that outdoor shower?? Remember that? Now that would be nice. I miss your boys, they were fun. *prays* ;) ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #328 on: February 29, 2008, 10:32:05 am »
Well now speaking of your imagination Leslie, I don,t spose it feels like stretching to a little story about "your boys" building that outdoor shower?? Remember that? Now that would be nice. I miss your boys, they were fun. *prays* ;) ;D

I did write a little drabble the other day, first time in months! It is over on the drabblefest thread.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #329 on: March 14, 2008, 07:50:46 am »
from SuperHeroFlix:

Wednesday, March 12th, 2008

In the comics, Wolverine is known to sit down for a game of cards from time to time, and his on-screen counterpart will be doing the same in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. According to Comics2Film, 2006 World Series of Poker veteran Daniel Negreanu will play cards against Hugh Jackman in the upcoming film.

The news came from a report on 102.1 The Edge (a Toronto radio station) where poker star Phil Helmuth stated that he and Daniel Negreanu had been offered a chance to appear in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, where they would be featured in a poker game with Jackman which would be interrupted by an unknown enemy. Helmuth had to decline due to other commitments, but Negreanu was able to film the cameo.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine explores Wolverine's early days, before joining the X-Men. The film will cover Logan's early life, and his involvement with the mysterious Weapon X program. The film stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Dominic Monaghan, Danny Huston, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, will.i.am, Daniel Henney, and Lynn Collins. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is due to arrive in theatres in 2009.

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/61/27261.php