Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 147576 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2008, 03:13:13 pm »
Someone should teach this interviewer that you don't have to write down every blessed word of the interview. LOL! I like the little distraction of the discussion of their names, and the part about the nuns!

Exclusive interview

The director gives us the scoop on this Hugh Jackman-Ewan McGregor sex thriller

Source:  Paulington James Christensen III

It's been a long time since audiences were shocked and titillated by a good old fashion sex thriller, but director Marcel Langenegger has jumped back into the genre headfirst with this month's Deception.The first time director has teamed up with producer Hugh Jackman for a devious jaunt through the more seedy side of New York City. The story revolves around lonely Jonathan (Ewan McGregor), a tax auditor that has quietly slipped into a bleak existence. He gets more than he bargained for when Wyatt, a high-powered lawyer and seeming friend, invites him into an exclusive sex club known only as "The List". When one of the club's girls goes missing, it is Jonathan's life and well being that are put on the line.

We recently caught up with Mr. Langenegger to discuss the film first hand. Sitting on a back alley stoop, the excited director delved into his project with an excited glee that certainly had me sold on the premise. Are audiences ready for a return to the sex thrillers of the 90s? He certainly thinks so. Here is our conversation:

How accurately does the title Deception depict what is going on in this movie? Or does the title describe the film's relationship with the audience?

Marcel Langenegger: It is both. The whole thing is a con film, especially in the set up. So nothing is as it seems. It actually happens in both directions. As you know, Hugh Jackman plays the bad guy and Ewan McGregor plays the good guy. At one point the role switches. It is a very balanced back and forth.

And at the same time, you are deceiving the audience as well?

Marcel Langenegger: Yes. A little bit. There comes a point in the movie where things don't make any sense. You don't know who actually exists, or if this is a fantasy. There is always the possibility that the things you see happening on screen could be a dream. But they are probably real. You, as an audience member, may start asking yourself those questions. At one point, the logic is completely lost. But at the end, it all starts to make sense again. This is how it goes.

I haven't actually seen the film yet. I want to know what "The List" is, since it is so heavily referenced in the trailer.

Marcel Langenegger: "The List" is a Wall Street sex group. It does exist. It also exists in Los Angeles as well as New York. The writer had come across a New York Times article where they referred to this sex group. What it is, is a list of people that work and live within the same social class. They have a certain amount of income. But they have no time to date, because stockbrokers have to work 24 hours a day. Hong Kong markets open in the middle of the night, and the European markets open when the other majors close. Once you are on "The List", you have a set of numbers that you can call. You can hook up with someone to have dinner, or a date, or just sex. That is what "The List" refers to. It is this innate group of people that essentially work together. And they meet for sexual encounters. The way it works in New York is that someone has to sponsor you. You have to pay a certain amount of fees, and then you are in. That is the story on it. Interestingly enough, the writer came across the idea the same time the ENRON scandal happened. The audit man was on the front-page news. Ewan McGregor's character is an audit manager. It became news that the audit manager has access to all news, files, documents, and bank accounts to these huge companies. That would make him the perfect target for criminals. So this story was fabricated out of those two stories. The writer put the two stories together. He even did research. He had a friend that was an auditor. And he found out that they are very, very lonely. Because nobody likes them. If you are going to go and audit a company, no one wants to speak to you. Because you are looking for some sort of fraud or mistake. The auditor is very isolated from everybody. The loneliness was an aspect that intrigued the writer. Then he came across the sex list. And that story talked about how lonely and socially detached the Wall Street brokers are. He liked how a Wall Street broker lured this lonely audit man into a sex group. And then somehow managed to blackmail him to steal money from a company. That is how everything works.

This is also pretty topical, considering what happened with the Mayor of New York.

Marcel Langenegger: Absolutely. By the way, are you Danish?

Yeah, actually I am.

Marcel Langenegger: As you can tell from my accent, I am from Switzerland originally. My wife is Danish, and half of her friends have your same last name. It is just interesting to me.

My Dad is first generation American. Half of his family comes from Denmark.

Marcel Langenegger: Have you been there?

Yeah, a while ago. I haven't gotten back yet.

Marcel Langenegger: Excellent. It is really lovely. I really love it there. Anyway, the sex scandal in New York. This absolutely ties into that. I did a little bit of research on "The List" people here in Los Angels. They are young, they are professional, they are good looking. The guy that operates "The List" here in L.A. also operates "The List" out of New York, Miami, and San Francisco. His list has fifteen thousand people on it. It is huge.

That is crazy. Now, I am going to ask you a question, and maybe you don't want to answer it because it will ruin one of the twists in your film. But on IMDB, the key words Nun, Mother Superior, and Nun's habit are listed on your movie. Yet, in the trailer and clips I have seen, the film looks like it has nothing to do with Nuns at all.

Marcel Langenegger: That is a mistake. There is something wrong with that. Anybody can put anything onto IMDB. That is the problem with that website. There is no big twist dealing with Nuns. I don't know. The movie has to do with this lonely auditor who goes from company to company to check their bookkeeping. He is very isolated, and he has gotten stuck in this routine. He doesn't really have a life. He is basically dead. Then he meets this snake charmer played by Hugh Jackman. The guy is full of life. They join together, and the Hugh Jackman character gets Ewan's character involved in this sex list. There are no Nuns in the film at all. The plot revolves around a phone swap between these two characters. Because of this swap, Ewan meets someone he shouldn't be meeting. All of a sudden, he realizes that the Hugh Jackman character did this to lift his spirits a bit. Introduce him to some fun. The guy should be leading a more exciting life. During this time, two woman come into his life. And a love story starts. It is sort of a triangle. A murder happens, and Jonathan, Ewan's character, is framed for it. There is no way out for him, because it is framed so cleverly and so good. From that point, nothing makes sense in the story anymore.

Did you set the story in New York because you felt it played more to the loneliness of Ewan's character?

Marcel Langenegger: Absolutely. In Manhattan, people are really lonely. The writer is from there. And the actual list that this movie is based on came from the New York group. Audit mangers operate mostly out of New York. New York was a very logical choice. We were originally going to shoot it in Toronto, but we actually shot it in New York. This happened because Hugh Jackman's son needed to go to Kindergarten. And his school was in Manhattan. It is kind of funny. Shooting your film in Manhattan, the visuals are very lonely. It is also so difficult, because there are so many hurdles on a day-to-day basis. From the city, to the rules, to the unions. When shooting in the subway, you can't carry on a case because it might be a bomb. So you have to carry all of the cameras and equipment onto the subway without any cases. You can't park within two miles of the subway station either. Little things like that make shooting in New York difficult.

With Hugh Jackman on as a producer, how much input did he have in regards to the final cut of the film?

Marcel Langenegger: He had quite a bit of input. His main input was getting this movie off the ground and getting us financed. He was the one that got it made. It was his company that picked it up, so they had a heavy influence on it. He certainly had input. He approved the rough cut. He had comments about certain shots. Yeah, he was fairly involved with it. His main key role was getting the movie off the ground. We had a crazy schedule with only five weeks of prep time. It greatly helped that he was involved with that aspect of it. When something needed to be done, as soon as he picked up the phone, it was done that much faster. He was a great hope [Leslie note: He was a great hope! LOL] in that regard.

How hard do you think it is to stay ahead of the audience when you craft this sort of story?

Marcel Langenegger: It is very hard. Today's audience is very smart. They are much smarter than studios or producers give them credit for. They always have a sense of where the story is headed, or what may happen. It is difficult to keep them guessing. Especially with this type of Hitchcockian story. It has a classic love triangle, and a classic twist. A lot of it is, to some degree, predictable. That said, I feel there are still enough twists in the story that nobody is going to see what is coming. I hope that the audience is generally surprised by what happens. I want them to be puzzled by the story, and I want them to be interested in how it will continue to go on.

And the twist is, this is all a dream that is going on inside the mind of a mad nun.
(Leslie note: there are those nuns again!)

Marcel Langenegger: Possibly, yes.

We don't see too many sex thrillers nowadays. Was that a hard genre to get back off the ground?

Marcel Langenegger: Yeah. People say, "This seems like an idea from the 90s." I thought the same thing when I came onto it. When I read the script, I thought about how everybody used to like these types of films. Now, no one is making them any more. I started questioning why that was. That aspect of the film also intrigued me. It is a genre that has been forgotten in time. But people like these types of films. People like to watch a clever thriller that is also sexy. They like the twists and turns. They also like the erotic undertones. People are very receptive to that in general. It is human nature. People are eager to know about this list, and how they can join. For real. So I think there is a need for this type of movie out there. People want to see it. The reaction has been very strong and positive.

Deception hits theaters across the country on April 25th, 2008.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/91/28091.php
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2008, 03:23:56 pm »
People News

Hugh Jackman's Scarlett 'blessing'

By BANG

Apr 23, 2008, 10:35 GMT

Hugh Jackman has given Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds his "blessing" to get married.

The 'X-Men' star - who admits he is "protective" of the 23-year-old actress after starring alongside her in 'Scoop' and 'The Prestige' - couldn't think of a better match for Scarlett.

He told TV show 'Entertainment Tonight Canada': "Ryan Reynolds is one of the funniest guys I've ever met. And we had a really good chat about his girlfriend, because I'm very fond of Scarlett.

"Both my wife Deborra-Lee Furness and I are very proprietary about Scarlett, but Ryan gets a big thumbs up from me! I'm giving my blessing - Ryan is phenomenal."

Scarlett, 23, has been dating the 'Definitely, Maybe' star for around a year.

It was recently reported Scarlett was moving into Ryan's Los Angeles home even though her mother didn't approve.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2008, 03:25:43 pm »
from Cinematical:

Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Garner Spending '3 Days in Europe'

Posted Apr 21st 2008 10:32AM by Elisabeth Rappe

This news is actually more than a few days old -- and it was so buried within a Jennifer Garner press release that I just missed it. No matter, I'm sure it's new to most of you.

According to Variety, Garner has signed a first look deal with Warner Brothers for her Vandalia Films, and one of the upcoming films on her slate is 3 Days in Europe in which she will co-star and co-produce with Hugh Jackman.

Europe is a romantic adventure about a couple embroiled in danger and excitement on what was supposed to be their perfect Valentine's Day vacation. It's based on the graphic novel by Anthony Johnston and Michael Hawthorne. (And published by Oni Press, who just sold The Damned last week, as reported by Scott Weinberg, as well as Scott Pilgrim. ) No director has been named, and no start date. Given how full both actors' slates are, it could be awhile.

Of course this is based on a graphic novel! Jackman is addicted to them. He's obviously given up his plans to revive the musical (drat!) and is just going to adapt all things comic related. In lieu of this information, I've decided I am going to give up my Cinematical gig and write a graphic novel about a 20-something chick who has a specialty in Anglo-Saxon literature, and ... well, I'm still working out the middle. I'll need someone to do the illustrations, but we'll have a buyer.

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2008, 11:15:38 pm »
Here is a video of Hugh being interviewed about Deception - he even sings! (Just wait for the ad to finish.)

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&tab=m182&vid=63ff5457-7023-411c-90c3-ffc0a4bc4749
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2008, 06:26:34 am »
Oh, thanks for that, Jo! That was great. The interviewer is so cute and he has such a crush on Hugh! LOL

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2008, 08:21:52 am »
from the Los Angeles Times:

Why did Fox take on 'Deception'? Hugh Jackman

The Aussie actor's "X-Men" work has made a mint for the studio.

By John Horn, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
April 24, 2008

THE basic message of "Deception" is that all that ultimately matters is a trustworthy relationship. That's the main reason, too, why the blackmail thriller, in theaters Friday, landed on 20th Century Fox's release schedule.

Fox has a well-deserved reputation for narrowly focusing on easy-to-market movies with a clearly defined audience and built-in sales hooks: "Horton Hears a Who," "The Fantastic Four," "Live Free or Die Hard." Which makes Fox's involvement in "Deception" -- an R-rated, sex-filled adult drama whose biggest role is played by Ewan McGregor -- so out of character.

But "Deception" is produced by and costars Hugh Jackman, and when it comes to important Aussies on the Fox lot, Rupert Murdoch and Jackman run a close one-two. Jackman not only starred in Fox's three "X-Men" blockbusters, but also stands at the center of next summer's spinoff "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" (he's producing and starring). Later this year, Jackman plays opposite Nicole Kidman in Baz Luhrmann's cattle-drive epic "Australia," which Fox believes has Oscar potential, and could earn the kind of award attention lavished on Fox Searchlight but rarely seen at the main studio.

So if Fox scratches Jackman's back by distributing "Deception," it's only fair: He's made the studio a windfall and classes up the joint. And Fox is hardly the first studio to support an actor's or a producer's passion project -- it's as enduring a show-business tradition as screaming at assistants.

Audience tracking surveys show "Deception" is headed for a devastating debut in wide release of about 2,000 screens this weekend, and may just barely crack the Top 10. The real drama will be which new film wins bragging rights for the No. 1 spot: the surrogate mother comedy "Baby Mama" or the silly slacker movie "Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay." Both movies could gross around $16 million in their debuts, but we're giving the narrow edge to Universal's "Baby Mama."

"Deception," on the other hand, may take in as little as $5 million this weekend. Given the film's subject matter and marketing challenges, it's not a surprising outcome. The film stars Jackman as Wyatt Bose, a too-convivial-to-be-true lawyer, who befriends inhibited (is there any other kind?) accountant Jonathan McQuarry (McGregor). By accident or design, McQuarry and Bose end up with each other's mobile phones. McQuarry soon starts accepting phoned invitations to sexual liaisons apparently intended for Bose.

The sex club's women are beautiful, willing and, unlike Eliot Spitzer's high-priced acquaintances, don't charge a penny. One of McQuarry's companions, known only as "S" (Michelle Williams), is a little more alluring than the others, and before long McQuarry wants to break the club's rules about anonymity and friendship. But since the movie is called "Deception" (earlier titles included "The List" and "The Tourist"), "S" and Bose aren't quite all they seem.

Some six years in the making and shot more than a year ago, "Deception" was once in development at Fox, which ultimately declined to underwrite its under-$25 million price tag. Producer Arnold Rifkin and Jackman's Seed Productions, which makes its debut on the film, were able to secure backing from independent financiers Media Rights Capital and Summit Entertainment, which sold foreign rights.

Fox initially was going to distribute "Deception" only in Australia but agreed to release the film in North America after Jackman's representatives called the studio, according to people familiar with the deal. With a minimum guarantee of close to $10 million and limited advertising, Fox could break even if "Deception" does a couple of weeks of middling business in theaters and performs well enough on DVD and pay television, these people say. (Six years ago, the studio released to modest success the adultery drama "Unfaithful," but it had Richard Gere, not McGregor, in the lead role, and "Fatal Attraction" director Adrian Lyne, not "Deception's" first-timer Marcel Langenegger, behind the cameras.)

"Deception's" reviews are not likely to be strong, and female moviegoers have not embraced the sex club story line, according to someone familiar with the film's marketing. Williams, the film's best publicity hook for attracting women, isn't doing media interviews because of the recent death of her former boyfriend, actor Heath Ledger.

Even if it doesn't make much (if anything) on the film, Fox's bond with Jackman and "Deception" is not unusual. Studio executives frequently take special care of their top talent, often taking on movies their inner bean counters realize are risky business.

Paramount likely would not have made the "Abre Los Ojos" remake "Vanilla Sky" with Tom Cruise had not its "Mission: Impossible" star insisted upon it. Having made a fortune on Tom Shadyac's comedies ("Liar Liar," "Patch Adams"), Universal let him direct the drama "Dragonfly." Jerry Bruckheimer has sold hundreds of millions of tickets for Walt Disney Co., which helps explain why the studio agreed to "Veronica Guerin," a Bruckheimer-produced drama about a murdered Irish journalist.

Everyone says Hollywood is built on relationships, but "Deception" proves that it's not just empty talk.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-et-word24apr24,1,6625193.story?track=rss

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2008, 06:53:37 am »
from the Herald Sun, Australia:

Hugh Jackman talks summits and sideburns

Claire Sutherland

April 24, 2008 12:00am

HUGH Jackman may have the film industry clout that goes with being one of Australia's biggest movie stars, but even he knows when to put his hand up and say he's failed.

Hugh Jackman had plenty of good ideas for the future of Australia when he attended last weekend's 2020 Summit.

Among them was the encouragement of creativity, support for scriptwriters, and mutton-chop sideburns for all.

Jackman laughs when asked if he thinks his spectacular Wolverine facial hair might start a parliamentary trend.

‘‘I noticed the Prime Minister's chops do on occasion err south,'' he says. ‘‘Have you noticed that?
Maybe if he gets re-elected for a second term he might make an even bolder choice there.

‘‘Though I don't think it would garner any more votes, or certainly any more attention at home. Not if my experience at home is any reflection.''

Joking aside, Jackman relished the opportunity to have his say at 2020 and was spewing (literally) that he missed Sunday's session, the ‘‘business end'', due to a bout of food poisoning.

‘‘I think it was exactly as it was billed, a genuine chance to start a conversation, bring forth ideas,'' he says.

‘‘I loved it. Held in Canberra, the home of politics, but it was not a overtly political event.''

He dismisses criticism of co-chairwoman Cate Blanchett's decision to attend with her five-day-old son.

‘‘If that's the kind of thing outraging people, they need to get a little bit of a life,'' he says.

‘‘What she does as a mother is her business. What I applaud entirely, 100 per cent, is her commitment to doing something and making a difference in the community.

‘‘If you're spending all your time looking for possible flaws -- if there are any -- in Cate Blanchett, then you really have far too much time on your hands. To me she's nothing but admirable in every way.''

Jackman's passion at 2020 was his belief Australia should nurture a supportive atmosphere for homegrown creative types. His own Seed production house, based in Sydney and LA, is an attempt to foster projects here and overseas.

The latest, Deception, is a snaky thriller starring Jackman, Ewan McGregor and Michelle Williams. Jackman plays a conman who befriends a lonely corporate auditor (McGregor) and draws him into a convoluted plot involving illegal money transfers and a high-end sex club.

Jackman is profoundly relaxed about the picture's prospects. The film had broken even before filming started, thanks to a canny policy of keeping the budget low and the international sales high.

‘‘That took a lot of pressure off, financially,'' Jackman says. ‘‘The film is not a massive film budget-wise. We thought it unrealistic to put that kind of pressure on us as a young company, to make a film that had financial pressures of having to break even was too much to take in. So we had this amazing situation of being in the black before we'd even shot a frame.''

The fact Deception was financed outside the studio system meant Seed could take a chance on a first-time director, Swiss Marcel Langenegger, and on casting decisions.

‘‘We really got to make some interesting choices,'' Jackman says.

‘‘Even the sex montage. If we had a studio, if there was more pressure on us box office-wise, every one of those women would be a Victoria's Secret model probably. We could be far more eclectic.

Having someone like Charlotte Rampling play that little cameo, I think, gives the film an unexpected richness that people who go to see it are not expecting.''

Also unexpected is a rare outing as a bad guy for the irrepressibly likable Jackman.

‘‘It's a universal law. Every actor wants to play the bad guy and I really, really enjoyed it,'' he says.

‘‘It's really a frightening thing, but there has to be some empathy at some level in order to play it.

‘‘The worst thing you can do as an actor is judge your character. And let's face it, my job is being a conman.''

The late Heath Ledger was a regular visitor to the New York set and his then partner Michelle Williams.

‘‘At the time of shooting, beginning of last year, the situation was very different, those guys were together and both very committed parents and Michelle obviously still is,'' Jackman says.

‘‘I just really feel for her. It's an incredibly difficult time and she's an unbelievably committed mother. As a working actress, a year ago her focus was very much on (daughter) Matilda and looking after her. Nothing has changed there.''

Jackman is unashamedly pleased with Deception, its clever financial underpinnings and Williams' performance in particular after a baptism of fire in the producing department when one of Seed's first projects, the US TV show Viva Laughlin, crashed and burned, dumped by CBS after two episodes.

Ask if he thinks the show -- like so many in TV history -- wasn't given a chance and deserves a new life on DVD, and Jackman refuses to grasp the face-saving lifeline.

‘‘You know I'm always happy to stand up when something's done well and tell people about it, and I don't mind admitting we failed pretty spectacularly on that gig,'' he says.

‘‘But you can't win them all, and we've moved on. I don't think there will be much effort put into the DVD. I'm proud we did it. People didn't watch it and that's OK. It's time to move on.''

It's 8pm and Jackman is only halfway through his interview commitments, but he affably dismisses the idea he's being worked hard by his publicists.

‘‘Not really, because if it wasn't this I'd be doing a night shoot at Cockatoo Island and finishing at 6am. I get off at 1am so it's not so bad.''

Jackman is deep into shooting an X-Men spinoff and new Seed project Wolverine in Sydney with co-stars Liev Schreiber and Ryan Reynolds.

‘‘I'm used to these movies now,'' he says. ‘‘They're big and there's a lot involved, a lot at stake, so it's always high pressure. But Gavin Hood, our director, is a real force. He's an Oscar-winning director (for Tsotsi) and he's used to working under different kinds of pressure and stresses.''

Jackman hand-picked Melbourne youngster Kodi Smit-McPhee (Romulus, My Father) to play Wolverine as a young man.

‘‘He's one of those kids who's fearless,'' Jackman says. ‘‘I hope he doesn't read this article because yes, there is pressure on him because of who he's playing and the expectations of fans. I was lucky to be completely ignorant of fans' expectations and the whole world before X-Men came out. I just hope he doesn't read too much or go on the internet because he naturally has the goods I know the fans will love.''

It's indicative of Jackman's clout that he arranged for Wolverine to be shot in Sydney.

‘‘As the Baz (Luhrmann) movie went a little longer, as producer I needed to be around for pre-production,'' he says. ‘‘I couldn't just sit around and let that all go. Also, it was a strong choice because of my family situation and schooling and the kids. Our son's almost eight, so the gypsy lifestyle isn't as convenient as it used to be.''

Almost as anticipated as Wolverine is Luhrmann's Australia, which Jackman shot with Nicole Kidman until earlier this year.

‘‘I have seen snippets, a fantastic 12-minute piece Baz put together before we finished,'' he says.

‘‘Recently I saw another five minutes, and I just pinch myself I'm a part of it. It's an amazing moment for Australian film. Fingers crossed we can pull off the ambitions being set.''

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23592022-5006023,00.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2008, 07:14:53 am »
Oh dear.

As of this morning, Deception is at 6% on rottentomatoes.com, with 31 reviews posted. "Clunky dialogue, plot holes, even the sex isn't that great" seem to be recurring comments from various reviewers.

Oh well...

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2008, 05:48:18 pm »
Since Deception is getting ripped to shreds, there's only one thing to do: Play, "post the funniest quotes" from movie reviews. Hey, he has a turkey, let's celebrate creative writing...LOL

Here's a few to get started. From the New York Daily News:

Every actor has a few titles on his résumé that he'd love to forget. So should you ever have the opportunity to meet "Deception" stars Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor, we highly recommend you pretend this movie was never made.

But the real culprit is first-time director Marcel Langenegger, who seems to have studied for his debut by watching nothing but Cinemax.

from the Boston Globe:

Calling your terrible crime thriller "Deception" is like naming your bad cooking movie "Food" - an advertisement for laziness.

It's just your garden-variety straight-sex-with-strangers group that includes, momentarily, Charlotte Rampling, whose on-screen appetite for erogenous adventure knows no apparent bounds. In "Deception," she informs us that she likes 'em young and pretty much leaves the movie, presumably going back to France where the lousy sex thrillers at least have decent sex.

more on Charlotte Rampling, from the New York Times:

Cougar fans take note: Charlotte Rampling plays a sex club denizen, sometimes seminude.

from FilmSchool Rejects:

And here’s a nice suggestion, Hollywood. If you want a film to have this many twists, it’d be best to not name the movie Deception. That would be like naming Citizen Kane something like It’s a Sled or renaming Psycho with Norman Bates is the Killer Who Dresses Like His Dead Mother.

and from the Chicago Sun Times:

What can compare with the white-knuckle suspense of uploading a file? "Deception," that's what. This is a movie jam-packed with all the thrills of watching that little progress bar grow and grow until it fills the alloted space in the pop-up box on your computer screen.

all I can say is...ouch!

If others want to contribute quotes, feel free....

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2008, 05:51:49 pm »
omg those quotes are a howl!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”