Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 147527 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2008, 07:52:54 am »
Hugh doesn't look too upset that Deception was a dud at the box office!

More pictures here:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/04/27/hugh-jackman-kiss/
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2008, 01:15:33 pm »
Hugh fans, keep a close eye for this...Ewan receives a fax from the NYPD with info about who Hugh really is. On the fax are two of our favorite Hugh pictures:

I almost laughed out loud when I saw them!!

LOL!  I probably would've yelled out, "Ellery!"  There are a lot of great "Hugh" pics - but those two, in my mind, are "Ellery" pics. 

Thanks for the review!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2008, 01:23:28 pm »
LOL!  I probably would've yelled out, "Ellery!"  There are a lot of great "Hugh" pics - but those two, in my mind, are "Ellery" pics. 

Thanks for the review!

Marie

If your movie theater was like my movie theater, you could've yelled out "Ellery!" and no one would have cared...since the theater (in my case) was practically empty! LOL ...me and 3 others, that's it.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:04 pm »
What do you think Leslie? Are the pictures a coincidence? Hmmm...

I think Hugh knows about Ellery.... ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2008, 01:48:34 pm »
What do you think Leslie? Are the pictures a coincidence? Hmmm...

I think Hugh knows about Ellery.... ;)

Do you think? What an intriguing idea! I think all Ellery fans should go see the movie, just to see the fax!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2008, 01:55:58 pm »
that little Oscar is a real cutie!  I wonder if he intends to go into acting.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2008, 10:45:06 am »
some Hugh news:

Look Hugh's getting nominated

May 7, 2008
Advertisement

Hugh Jackman has been nominated for an Australian Dance Award for his star turn as Peter Allen in The Boy From Oz.

The shortlist of nominees for the 2008 Australian Dance Awards were announced today, with Melbourne dance company Lucy Guerin Inc topping the list with four nominations from the nine categories.

Jackman was put forward for outstanding performance in a stage musical, alongside Tony Sheldon for Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and Silvia Entcheva and Tobias Cole for This Show Is About People.

Jackman played Allen from 2003 to 2004 in the US, and again in 2006 in Australia.

He has already won a Tony Award for best lead actor in a musical for his performance.

The 2008 awards recognise excellence across all dance forms, presented between July 1, 2006 and December 31, 2007.

The nominees for outstanding performance by a female dancer include Kirstie McCracken, Lisa Griffiths, Lucinda Dunn and Sarah Jayne Howard.

Antony Hamilton, Byron Perry, Paul White and Reed Luplau are nominated in the outstanding performance by a male dancer category.

Winners will be announced on June 15.

AAP

This story was found at: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/05/07/1210131121458.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #387 on: May 09, 2008, 10:46:59 am »
Jackman back to the Big Apple

Shelly Horton
May 5, 2008

Hugh Jackman and Deborra-lee Furness are planning to move the family to New York after X-Men Origins: Wolverine wraps in June.

We've loved having the A-listers home and their class and down-to-earth attitude will be sorely missed. Australia's loss is America's gain.

Last week Furness jumped on a plane with seven-year-old Oscar to spend two weeks in the Big Apple looking for schools.

She told S that it is a difficult process over there, with IQ tests for her son and gruelling rounds of interviews for the parents.

Somewhat unlike Sydney, where Oscar chose his school because it had a great art department and the chicks were cute (sounds like Oscar is developing his dad's way with the ladies).

Furness said that, though she will miss Sydney, a big part of her heart is in New York and she's excited about going back to see her girlfriends and visiting her old stomping grounds.

Jackman is halfway through shooting the latest Wolverine flick and is really enjoying his fourth time putting the claws on.

But even superheroes can't beat a dodgy prawn: Jackman got a mild case of food poisoning which halted film production for a day. The film is due to wrap in June but Jackman might stay a little longer for Australian publicity commitments.

We'll take every day we can get!
Source: The Sun-Herald

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/05/04/1209839435268.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2008, 10:49:22 am »

Baz Luhrmann's Australia highly rated by Jack Thompson

Article from: The Courier-Mail

By Rodney Chester

May 10, 2008 12:00am

IT might not be in the cinema for another six months, but film legend Jack Thompson has declared Baz Luhrmann's Australia would be one of our best films ever.

Much of the movie was shot around Bowen, which has been chosen to host the national premiere of the movie starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman on November 13.

And while the film has been kept tightly under wraps, Thompson along with other cast members has seen a 12-minute selection of scenes from the finished film.

"They are breathtaking. I cried, I laughed," Thompson said.

"I was knocked out by it. I am so proud of it and I know we're involved in a major Australian film, one of the great Australian films.

"You can never tell until a film is released what people may or may not like about it, but it is no doubt that it is one of the most significant Australian films ever made.

"Just the very scope of it, the heart of it."

If Thompson's prediction is right, the success of Australia could be partly due to the cast list that includes some of the country's best actors.

Jackman, Thompson, and Kidman are joined by David Wenham, David Gulpilil, Ben Mendelsohn, John Jarratt, Ray Barrett and Barry Otto. It is also the first film Thompson and Bryan Brown have made together since Bruce Beresford's 1980 classic Breaker Morant.

Thompson was in Brisbane on Wednesday for the launch of the 2008 Asia Pacific Screen Awards, to be held on the Gold Coast in November, where he was named patron.

For his next big screen role, Thompson reunites with Beresford for Mao's Last Dancer, a historical film shot in China and Australia that is due for release in 2010.

Thompson said the success of the Asia Pacific Screen Awards, launched last year, was recognition of the strength of the local film industry.

"When I was a kid, when we played goodies and baddies we adopted an American accent, because goodies and baddies were on the screen and they were all American," he said.

"Unless you were playing a war hero, (then) you adopted a British accent because they made all the good war movies.

"As a result of the development of a film industry in Australia we now have Australian heroes.

"It would have been impossible to even conceive of a major feature film called Australia 30 years ago."

Premier Anna Bligh announced yesterday the awards would have an academy, made up of those nominated for an award, which would strengthen the bonds between the region's various filmmakers.

The awards honour the work of filmmakers selected from more than 70 countries in the Asia-Pacific region.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2008, 10:50:56 am »

Hugh Jackman's star reborn?

Article from: Sunday Herald Sun

May 04, 2008 12:00am

AUSTRALIAN leading man Hugh Jackman may be considering a return to Broadway more than three years after laying down his maracas.

Jackman is said to be in talks to appear in a stage adaptation of A Star is Born in New York.

It would mark his Broadway return after he won a coveted Tony Award for portraying Peter Allen in The Boy from Oz.