Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 148208 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2009, 10:00:47 am »
Maybe he'll also do some wrestling moves!

That would get Tom Cruise panting!  ;) ;)  ;D

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #511 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:12 am »
That would get Tom Cruise panting!  ;) ;)  ;D

L

You're in rare form today.

How about Hugh doing a little Bollywood number?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2009, 02:35:58 pm »
You're in rare form today.

How about Hugh doing a little Bollywood number?

Hugh could sit and read the Yellow Pages and it would be fine by me but probably not such a success with the rest of the Oscar watchers around the world.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2009, 02:49:30 pm »
Hugh, wearing his tux and talking about the Oscars!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?section=on_the_red_carpet&id=6651471

Thanks for this, Leslie!  Man oh man, is it even legal to be that good looking and that charming? 

He noted that the Oscars shouldn't be about the host - but they're all about the host for me this year.  I don't usually watch the Oscars (or at least the whole thing) and I probably wouldn't this year either if it weren't for Hugh.  And I'll probably change the channel when the Best Supporting Actor award comes up - that's going to hurt no matter what happens and I'm not sure I'm ready to watch that live. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2009, 02:56:38 pm »
(((Marie)))

I hear you. The whole Oscar thing will pass me by this year, which suits me just fine (well, apart from Hugh of course). We're leaving for the French Alps tomorrow to go skiing. And the computer isn't coming along.  ;D

I'll look for all the yummy Hugh pictures here when I get back next week.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2009, 03:40:34 pm »
(((Marie)))

I hear you. The whole Oscar thing will pass me by this year, which suits me just fine (well, apart from Hugh of course). We're leaving for the French Alps tomorrow to go skiing. And the computer isn't coming along.  ;D

I'll look for all the yummy Hugh pictures here when I get back next week.

Have a great time, Fabienne!   :-* I'm sure you'll be able to look at all the good stuff when you get back!  Nice thing about the internet - you can't really "miss' anything! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2009, 05:13:02 pm »
There will be singing AND dancing!

Celebs party; Hugh Jackman promises a naked Oscars

7 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An affable Hugh Jackman talks about hosting Sunday's Academy Awards.
___

NAKED OSCARS: Oscar host Hugh Jackman plans to reveal more than most at Sunday's awards ceremony.

"I haven't told anyone this, but we are going to do most of it naked and we're going to sing through the whole show," the affable actor joked during an interview backstage at the Kodak Theatre. "In fact, all the acceptance speeches are going to be sung. There will be some interpretive dance behind them, and I really think it will be beautiful and touching."

But don't expect People magazine's "sexiest man alive" to show everything.

"There will be a strategic leaf placed here or there," he said. "We don't want to be distasteful or anything. This is a raw night. This is the Oscars. Raw emotion, that's the quality we're going for."

The 40-year-old entertainer has hosted the Tony Awards three times, but this is his first time in the Oscar spotlight.

"If I hadn't done the Tonys, I think I'd be a lot more nervous than I am," he said.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2009, 05:13:26 pm »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:12 pm »
This isn't a strategically placed leaf but it's practically nekkid!  A friend of mine on Rotten tomatoes dug it up after it vanished from the internet!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #519 on: February 21, 2009, 09:33:57 pm »
Here's a clip of Hugh rehearsing for the Oscars:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRjPaTUD3N4&eurl=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/21/hugh-jackman-rehearses-fo_n_168845.html&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”