Author Topic: Diablo Cody: Brokeback Mountain got me good  (Read 1915 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Diablo Cody: Brokeback Mountain got me good
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »
Did I ever post this? For some reason, I don't think so. I read it before I was a member of the Brokie community and long before Diablo Cody became famous (for writing movies and TV shows, including Juno, for which she won an Oscar). Back then, she was a blogger for the Minneapolis alternative paper City Pages.

For some reason, I just thought of this now. If Diablo Cody had thought to go onto IMDb eight years ago, she'd probably have become a Brokie. Heck, for all I know, maybe she was/is one!

Brokeback Mountain got me good
By Diablo Cody
Published Thu., Dec. 29 2005 at 8:49 PM

So we went to see Brokeback at the Lagoon today, and WHY DIDN'T FUCKERS TELL ME IT WOULD BE LIKE THAT? I've been nursing an indescribable ache for hours now, and I'm not referring to anything sexual. This movie knocked me right on my ass. Seriously, I'm stunned. This was supposed to be a vaguely snarkworthy, obnoxiously precious homoerotic indie, not...whatever it was I just saw. I came to gawk at pretty cowboys, not get emotionally battered. I don't know why I'm so shaken, but it won't stop. Best movie of the year, hands down.

Jonny remains unaffected, and I told him he's lucky.