Author Topic: BBM wardrobe auction ended  (Read 10908 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
BBM wardrobe auction ended
« on: October 13, 2006, 04:50:16 pm »
http://stores.ebay.com/Brokeback-Mountain-Hollywoodvault1

Date: 10/13/06 16:45:18
To: Diane Donigan
Subject: Exclusive Brokeback wardrobe auction to help HRC

Jeans, cowboy hats, boots, and more from Brokeback Mountain. The auction ends October 20.

Dear Diane,

In the past year, audiences around the world were captivated by the love story of Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist. Now, you have an opportunity to bring home a part of what made Brokeback Mountain such a special film.

The producers of Brokeback Mountain, in partnership with Focus Features and seenON.com, are auctioning the movie's entire wardrobe, with proceeds benefiting the Human Rights Campaign. Click here for your chance to bid on a unique memento from this powerful and important film.

Jeans, cowboy hats, boots, and other items worn by the actors during filming will be auctioned online at www.seenON.com from October 13th to 20th. You've only got a few short days before the auction ends, so click here to see the complete list of available items and start bidding today.

From actor Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway's outspoken support of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender equality to director Ang Lee's moving acceptance speech at the Academy Awards, the cast and crew of Brokeback Mountain have demonstrated a strong commitment to acceptance and diversity. HRC is proud to continue our relationship with the producers of Brokeback Mountain with this online auction.

I hope you'll take this opportunity to bring home a piece of Brokeback Mountain and help support the fight for GLBT equality. Good luck, and happy bidding.

Warmly,

Joe Solmonese
President

P.S. Having trouble clicking on the links above? Simply copy and paste this URL in your browser's address bar to start bidding today: http://www.seenON.com   

© 2006 The Human Rights Campaign. All rights reserved.
Human Rights Campaign | www.hrc.org
1640 Rhode Island Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036-3278
Phone: 202/628-4160 TTY: 202/216-1572 Fax: 202/347-5323 
 If you would like to unsubscribe from a specific Human Rights Campaign list, or update your account settings, you can visit your Subscription Management Page. Click here to remove yourself from all Human Rights Campaign lists.   

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 08:58:11 am by Ellemeno »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Let's all help out here
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 05:22:16 pm »
DeeDee,

This is AWESOME!  Thanks so much for keeping us informed.  Now I only have to figure out what I really, really want to bid on.

Fran
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:17:31 pm by Fran »

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 05:26:45 pm »
It's run by the Human Rights campaign which I donate to regularly.  They do some good work and I trust them completely..

Anyone can contact them if needed.

202-628-4160
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 08:00:32 am »
I'm *really* tempted to jump into the pool hip deep on those leather gloves.  O, to be a glove upon that hand, that I might..... never mind.  They're up to $610 right now - already a little rich for my blood, being the tightwad by nature that I am.  Still, it's fun to watch the money knowing it's going to a good cause.
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 12:42:40 pm »
Cassie's tube top outfit, right down to the tall strappy sandals she takes off to stick her feet in Ennis's lap is only $61 right now.  Someone tell Flashframe777, he always had a thing for it.

I'm a-stickyin' this thread! :)

Lureen's barrel-racin' outifit (red and white shirt!  kerchief!  big belt buckle!) is only $115 right now.  Hat separate.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 11:52:39 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Fantastic HRC eBay Auction of BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN WARDROBE!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 02:22:35 pm »
If any of you try to outbid me on Linda Cardellini's TUBE TOP OUTFIT, you're going to regret it!!!

http://stores.ebay.com/Brokeback-Mountain-Hollywoodvault1

***My note sent to the seller: 

What a great Brokeback auction!  Of course I will be bidding.

Just a suggestion, since this is such a great cause.  What Brokeback Mountain fans would really, really love are the PROPS from the movie, i.e., the Bettermost Beans cans, the washtub, the Old Rose Whiskey bottle, the sign on Aguirre's office door, THE BLANKETS!!! (lol), the postcards, the newspaper, the salt and pepper shakers...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:37:39 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: BBM Items being auctioned NOW - ALMA Jr. BLUEBIRD EARRINGS $51!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 02:30:02 am »
Randy Quaid has a 42 inch waist!  :o  ;D

The Randall Outfit is tempting......  :D

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: BBM Items being auctioned NOW - ALMA Jr. BLUEBIRD EARRINGS $51!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:51:41 am »
Heath and Jake wore the same size pants!  34X36! :)

i spent quite a bit of time on that auction site yesterday, looking through all the stuff.  The JAMMY PANTS are there.  And Mrs. Twist's entire outfit.  And Jake's two "fat suits."  And Lureen's horseshoe shirt and horseshoe jewlry from "that teacher don't like me."  And of course Ennis's gloves.............

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
Melinda!!!

Here's Jack's Pants for sale!!  :D

http://tinyurl.com/y6tt3s

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Hey Ellemeno,

I posted yesterday about the auction...guess this thread was here before.

I've already warned anyone who plans on bidding against me on that TUBE TOP outfit -- you're gonna regret it.  :-)))

No, I don't want to wear it...much.  It's more of an inside joke from the first screening of BBM I went to with my best friend.  He's a very handsome, muscular man.  When Linda Cardellini walks up to the jukebox to put in a coin, he leaned into me and said, "I wore that same outfit last night."  I howled!!!

So, you see, the outfit means something profoundly heartwarming to me.  lol.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"