Author Topic: Favorite Jack Twist Line  (Read 22288 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Favorite Jack Twist Line
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2006, 11:27:19 pm »
Ack!  That was hard.  I went with "Never enough time, never enough" - it jumped out at me at the moment and it is so freakin' sad.  There never was enough time for them  :(

You know that line jumped out at me too, but as I was reading through them all, and even though that line jumped out at me, I truly cant pick just one of this on the list...I LOVE THEM ALL.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 12:43:29 pm »
OK i'll go with "No more beans!"

Offline Seaweed727

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • We are all better when we are loved.
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 01:16:31 pm »
I'm going with ..."Friend, that's more words than you've spoke in the past two weeks." as my favourite of your great list Jimmy.  To me it's Jack's realization that Ennis is finally opening up to him.  The way Jack's face shows the gradual realiazation that Ennis is really starting to spill.  I also love the way Ennis gazes at Jack without hesitation and look directly at him as he asks him "whut?" and then continues with his story.  This leads into Ennis' gentle teasing about Rodeo Cowboys  being f*ck ups and Jack's showmanship and that brilliant smile he coaxes out of Ennis. 

I'm still in love with these two.

"I got a boy, eight months old.... Smiles a lot."

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 01:34:29 pm »
I'm going with:  "You know, it could be this way. Just like this, always." 

I like it because it shows a wishful Jack testing the waters.  It's his opening line to broaching the subject of the little cow-and-calf operation to Ennis.  Jack's face is so full of hope and optimism that you can't help but wish that Ennis will see things Jack's way.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 02:03:18 pm »
My favorite is not mentioned and not a choice in the poll! It is "You have no idea how bad it gets." He delivers that line so well, and it makes it easy to relate to what he's going through.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

moremojo

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 02:43:39 pm »
I went with "Ennis! Quit your hammerin' and get in here." Jack is sleepy and grumpy at this moment, but his words reveal his affection and real concern for Ennis. This scene plays out like a fantasy of mine in which necessity brings two people together who bond in the most unexpected way. Bedroll's big enough for two, ya know!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 10:02:29 pm »
I would have to go for "I can't get by on a couple of high altitude fucks....."

I am always impressed that line was in there.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:56:50 pm by shakestheground »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

horo35

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 11:56:07 pm »
Well you would think the obvious one to pick is "I wish I knew...." but that line has been used too much.  After looking the one that really stuck out was "You know, it could be this way. Just like this, always."  That line stirs up alot of emotion when I heard it cause you know it's just a pipedream statement between Jack & Ennis.  Happiness was so close for them yet they were never going to grasp it.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 03:14:29 am »
FUNNY TO WATCH JACK SO SLEEPY AND RUBBED HIS FACE WHEN HE YELLED AT ENNIS ON THAT COLD NIGHT.
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 10:37:38 am »
I'm going with ..."Friend, that's more words than you've spoke in the past two weeks." as my favourite of your great list Jimmy.  To me it's Jack's realization that Ennis is finally opening up to him.  The way Jack's face shows the gradual realiazation that Ennis is really starting to spill.  I also love the way Ennis gazes at Jack without hesitation and look directly at him as he asks him "whut?" and then continues with his story.  This leads into Ennis' gentle teasing about Rodeo Cowboys  being f*ck ups and Jack's showmanship and that brilliant smile he coaxes out of Ennis. 

I feel exactly the same way, so I cast the same vote.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!