Author Topic: On Bewitched  (Read 28414 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: On Bewitched
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:42:55 pm »
As discussed, I've split off the discussion about the Bewitched TV show from the original topic about the BBM phenomenon. I just wriggled my nose!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 02:28:46 pm »
I suppose what you're calling a picture window is what I'm calling the patio doors (it appears I was mistaken in my memory about them being sliding doors, because there are doorknobs clearly visible in the picture Paul posted). ...

The bay window on the ground floor is not Darrin and Samantha's bedroom. Their bedroom was upstairs. And those windows in the roof are called dormers. Based on the interior set, that first-floor bay window would have been in Darrin's den.

I should take back what I said about picture windows. I must have been thinking about another show. But how could Mrs. Kravitz have gleaned so much information from looking in the two small front windows? She must have been looking over the back fence and in the patio doors.

So Darrin gets that nice bay window for his den? I suppose Samantha didn't have a den of her own. She would have had to be content with the kitchen, which probably didn't have a window at all!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »
So Darrin gets that nice bay window for his den? I suppose Samantha didn't have a den of her own. She would have had to be content with the kitchen, which probably didn't have a window at all!

Sure she did!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 02:59:04 pm »

This is the Bewitched statue in Salem, Massachusetts, which is Witch Central, especially this time of year.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 03:00:17 pm »
Back in the day, I believe the only show that had as much (if not more) class than Bewitched was "The Wild, Wild West."  Now that I'm older I'm noticing things about Bewitched that eluded me when I watched as a kid: Samantha's parents (and other relatives) played by distinguished actors, the lovely home, Sam's Louis Vuitton bags..the list goes on.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 03:01:30 pm »

This is the Bewitched statue in Salem, Massachusetts, which is Witch Central, especially this time of year.

Awesome!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »

Awesome, indeed!

Now we need a picture of the Barbie doll dressed up like the cartoon Samantha from the show's opening title (I almost bought one of those a few years ago.  ::) )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 03:12:36 pm »
Back in the day, I believe the only show that had as much (if not more) class than Bewitched was "The Wild, Wild West."  Now that I'm older I'm noticing things about Bewitched that eluded me when I watched as a kid: Samantha's parents (and other relatives) played by distinguished actors, the lovely home, Sam's Louis Vuitton bags..the list goes on.

Where did Endora and Maurice and Uncle Arthur and Cousin Serena and dear, dear Aunt Clara (and her doorknob collection!) live, anyway?

A few months ago, when I was watching episodes on Me-TV, I was shocked to realize what an anti-witchcraft chauvinist Darrin was, actually ordering Sam not to use witchcraft, using the verb forbid.  >:(

Endora was right about him all along, and Sam should have turned him into a toad and moved on. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
She never really listed to him anyway.  She was always using her powers.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
Awesome, indeed!

Now we need a picture of the Barbie doll dressed up like the cartoon Samantha from the show's opening title (I almost bought one of those a few years ago.  ::) )

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!