Author Topic: First GAY Bachelor  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
First GAY Bachelor
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:31:20 pm »

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Re: First GAY Bachelor
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:00:26 pm »
Its finally happening....a New Season of The Bachelor. : )

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3dd1026448/the-first-gay-bachelor-with-jesse-tyler-ferguson-and-george-takei

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/8djh

One of the networks--I forget which one--tried this a few ago. It didn't work out. One problem was that some of the contenders were hooking up with each other.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:28:16 am »
One of the networks--I forget which one--tried this a few ago. It didn't work out. One problem was that some of the contenders were hooking up with each other.

Why am I not surprised?  :laugh:

Just because one takes a "straight" show and makes it "gay", that doesn't mean it will also be a hit.  Logo tried that not long ago with 'The A List'.   One critic described the show as "like 'Real Housewives', but with balls."

::)

There were two shows.  A List New York and A List Dallas.  The only person on the show who was a celebrity of any sort (perhaps a z-list at best) was Reichen (Rye-ken) Lehmkuhl.   At that time he was best known for being part of the first gay couple to win The Amazing Race 4 with partner Chip Arndt, and then for being Lance Bass' boyfriend after Lance came out.

::)

Both NY and Dallas versions of the show lasted 2 seasons before being cancelled due to low ratings.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:17:40 am »
One critic described the show as "like 'Real Housewives', but with balls."

:laugh:

Trouble is, some of those housewives have more balls than a lot of queens I know.

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.