Author Topic: "Some Sweet Life," "The Grieving Plain," and other "Zane Twist" fanfictions  (Read 121499 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Exactly. And it is because of talented people like yourself that these new viewers of the movie can find some sort of...I don't know, closure? Something to help soothe that inexplicably devastating effect this story continues to have on us? I wish I could write fanfics like these myself but my problem is, I have a million ideas a minute, but in the end it just doesn't come out right...

That's what the writing did for me, or something like it, anyway.

Or maybe I just had such a terrible crush on Jake's Jack that I just didn't want to let go!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dontinterrupt

• Jr. Ranch Hand

Or maybe I just had such a terrible crush on Jake's Jack that I just didn't want to let go!  ;D

Nice one Jeff, you're definitely onto something here.  But for me it was more like- yeah, they're both stunning in their own ways, but they only 'work' together. Something very real about AP's words (correct me if it's not her who said it): "you can't have Ennis without Jack". And also one of many reasons why this particular movie was so special to me- whenever in a love story I had a crush, it was always about one character, here it was completely mind-blowing and ground-breaking to the point of feeling "am I a gay man stuck in a woman's body or what?!"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Something very real about AP's words (correct me if it's not her who said it): "you can't have Ennis without Jack".

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was AP herself who said that.

(However, just as Twilight fans had their Team Edward and Team Jacob, we had our Heathens and our Gyllenhaalics.  ::) )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Today I received two reviews of some of my fanfics:

Story: No Hero
Chapter: 1. Chapter 1

Reply URL: https://www.fanfiction.net/pm2/post.php?rwid=216303877
-------------------

The fluff! The schmoop! The SQUEE! Dude, this was freaking adorable. And insanely well-written lol.

Story: Some Sweet Life
Chapter: 1. Chapter 1

Reply URL: https://www.fanfiction.net/pm2/post.php?rwid=216304210
-------------------

This is the first canon-compliant BBM fic I've been able to read without crying.

I'm not sure I understand "the schmoop" and "the SQUEE," but it's very flattering and makes me feel very proud that someone considers my story "insanely well-written."

And I'm also taking it as a compliment that one of my stories is "canon-compliant" but can be read without making someone cry.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Today I received two reviews of some of my fanfics:

I'm not sure I understand "the schmoop" and "the SQUEE," but it's very flattering and makes me feel very proud that someone considers my story "insanely well-written."

And I'm also taking it as a compliment that one of my stories is "canon-compliant" but can be read without making someone cry.

"Schmoop" (adj. schmoopy) refers to high levels of romantic or sentimental content.

"Squee" is the sound fangirls/fanboys make when they are very pleased. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
"Schmoop" (adj. schmoopy) refers to high levels of romantic or sentimental content.

"Squee" is the sound fangirls/fanboys make when they are very pleased. 

Thanks, Paul.

Oh, good grief. ...  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Oh God.....the squeeeeeee

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!