Author Topic: Who would you MOST like to sit down and have a cuppa coffee with?  (Read 21903 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Okay, here's the game rules.  Just enough of their precious time to have one cup of coffee with.  They can be living or dead, male or female or group, but someone relatively famous that most of us will know.  Also share reason why and/or what you would chat about.

I'll go first:

Living male - Robert Redford, without a doubt.  I would tell him he set the standard for what my dream man is, from the age of 3, when daddy took me to the cinema to see Butch and Sundance.  And I would thank him profusely for every single movie he's made ever, including 4 of my all-time Top 5 (Butch and Sundance, Out of Africa, Jeremiah Johnson, and Electric Horseman.  He lost out to Born Free for position #5.)  Of course, I would be crying with joy throughout, shaking like a leaf, fighting my body's natural instinct to faint, and trying to act just cool enough that he just might give me a kiss when we parted.  My entire life would be made complete, whole, and perfect in less than 5 minutes.

Deceased male - Paul Newman.  HE set the standard for what my dream best male friend would be.  As long as he was watching my back, I'd be set forever.  And those eyes.... geesh, those eyes.....

Would also thank them both for the millions they've made for charity and for the tremendous forum they'd given for filmmakers in our time, and long after they're both gone.

Okay -- your turn...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Who would you MOST like to sit down and have a cuppa coffee with?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »
Oh, mine would be a 'from one extreme to the other' type of list.  LOL

Deceased female.  Virgin Mary.  I would love to talk to her and get some religious questions answered, and maybe learn just how twisted her son's messages have gotten, and what He really wanted.

Living female.  Madonna.   I would love to let her know that her music helped me through some hard times, and made me happy, but given her personality, I'm not sure how that conversation would go!  :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »
Oh, mine would be a 'from one extreme to the other' type of list.  LOL

More like "from one Madonna to the other" LOL

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »
Thanks, Chuck.  Interesting answer.

And haha, Paul -- good one!
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »
More like "from one Madonna to the other" LOL

LOL   I was just gonna say "aren't they both Madonnas?"   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre