Author Topic: 2014Grammys: Taylor Swift's Angry Performance to Jake Gyllenhaal (The Breakdown)  (Read 14524 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

http://www.hollyscoop.com/taylor-swift/breakdown-taylor-swifts-angry-performance-jake-gyllenhaal.html

A Breakdown of
Taylor Swift's
Performance to
Jake Gyllenhaal

by: Matt Dekneef
January 27, 2014

Taylor Swift gave a riveting performance of “All Too Well” at the Grammys last night, which any Swiftie can tell you is Tay Tay’s songwriting act of retribution against ex-boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal.

You could basically see it all over her emotional performance and this breakdown is a friendly reminder of the song’s origins.

For the uninitiated, the ballad starts with lyrics about a “scarf” and “upstate weather” — clear references to Jake, who she dated in the fall of 2010.

When you Google “Taylor Swift Jake Gyllenhaal” the suggestions literally include the word “scarf.”

Even Google says so.

Anyway, she performed the tune and after all these years, she did not hold back.

It was powerful enough to likely chill Jake to the bone.

Because she's angry.

The angriest.

In this case, we doubt he would echo this Tumblr-able sentiment.

As we watched her try to exorcise the demon that was their failed romance out from her body--

--we knew there was one person in this world we did NOT want to be at that moment.

You can see it gleaming in her eyes: “That was for you, Jake…”

Daaaaamn, rock on.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

"All Too Well"

I walked through the door with you, the air was cold,
But something 'bout it felt like home somehow.
And I left my scarf there at your sister's house,
And you still got it in your drawer even now.

Oh, your sweet disposition and my wide-eyed gaze.
We're singing in the car, getting lost Upstate.
Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place,
And I can picture it after all these days.

And I know it's long gone,
And that magic's not here no more,
And I might be okay,
But I'm not fine at all.

'Cause there we are again on that little town street.
You almost ran the red 'cause you were looking over me.
Wind in my hair, I was there, I remember it all too well.

Photo album on the counter, your cheeks were turning red.
You used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin-size bed
And your mother's telling stories about you on a tee ball team
You tell me 'bout your past, thinking your future was me.

And I know it's long gone
And there was nothing else I could do
And I forget about you long enough
To forget why I needed to...

'Cause there we are again in the middle of the night.
We dance around the kitchen in the refrigerator light
Down the stairs, I was there, I remember it all too well, yeah.

Maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much,
And maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up.
Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well.

Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise.
So casually cruel in the name of being honest.
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here
'Cause I remember it all, all, all... too well.

Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone

But you keep my old scarf from that very first week
'Cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me
You can't get rid of it 'cause you remember it all too well, yeah

'Cause there we are again, when I loved you so
Back before you lost the one real thing you've ever known
It was rare, I was there, I remember it all too well

Wind in my hair, you were there, you remember it all
Down the stairs, you were there, you remember it all
It was rare, I was there, I remember it all too well

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyABmY_NdsA&noredirect=1[/youtube]
Taylor Swift
performing at The Grammy's 2014
'All Too Well'
Badalyan1990·17 videos
Published on Jan 27, 2014

"Camping Out"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Man, no wonder she has such a bad reputation.

She's pretty vindictive in breakups.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
...although the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer continues not to name names, she reveals to the magazine that she's "heard from the guy that most of Red is about."

That guy, by all accounts, is 32-year-old Gyllenhaal, who famously romanced the country-pop sensation for about two intense months almost exactly three years ago, only to break her heart when 2011 arrived. But the "Source Code" hunk believed to have inspired the anthem "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and other Red hits wasn't angry about the breakup songs, Swift says.

"He was like, 'I just listened to the album, and that was a really bittersweet experience for me. It was like going through a photo album.'

That was nice," an impressed Swift recalls. "Nicer than, like, the ranting, crazy e-mails I got from this one dude."

"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
I'm so tired of Taylor Swift and the way she trashes everyone she's ever dated her in her songs.  I don't recall any of the men she's dated doing that, but I could be wrong.

I remember a NYC radio station commenting on how everyone calls Miley Cyrus a slut, and Taylor Swift "a sweetheart", based on their looks/appearance.  However, they went on to say that over the time period this was going on, Miley was steadily dating, and then engaged, to one man, while Taylor had boyfriend after boyfriend, and wondered which one was really "the slut".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Those cards are a hoot, but, seriously, if she gets dumped by so many guys, maybe she ought to start asking herself some serious questions.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
I'm so tired of Taylor Swift and the way she trashes everyone she's ever dated her in her songs.  I don't recall any of the men she's dated doing that, but I could be wrong.

I remember a NYC radio station commenting on how everyone calls Miley Cyrus a slut, and Taylor Swift "a sweetheart", based on their looks/appearance.  However, they went on to say that over the time period this was going on, Miley was steadily dating, and then engaged, to one man, while Taylor had boyfriend after boyfriend, and wondered which one was really "the slut".

I thought heartake was the main source for every country songs, in the world, man or female.. : )

Offline Sophia

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyABmY_NdsA&noredirect=1[/youtube]
Taylor Swift
performing at The Grammy's 2014
'All Too Well'
Badalyan1990·17 videos
Published on Jan 27, 2014

The day I see Jake with a scarf, I am gonna laugh hard. All my association will go to this song. : ) If I where Taylor Swift I would have gonna with something harder, like his favorite jeans or glasses or something else he like to use. : ) But I must say I like what Swift is doing. It's Girlpower!!! And I think its scary how bigot the portraits of women is; either you are the saint or the evil bitch. What about all the other different layers that we have?

Offline Sophia

http://www.hollyscoop.com/taylor-swift/breakdown-taylor-swifts-angry-performance-jake-gyllenhaal.html

A Breakdown of
Taylor Swift's
Performance to
Jake Gyllenhaal

by: Matt Dekneef
January 27, 2014

Taylor Swift gave a riveting performance of “All Too Well” at the Grammys last night, which any Swiftie can tell you is Tay Tay’s songwriting act of retribution against ex-boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal.

You could basically see it all over her emotional performance and this breakdown is a friendly reminder of the song’s origins.

For the uninitiated, the ballad starts with lyrics about a “scarf” and “upstate weather” — clear references to Jake, who she dated in the fall of 2010.

When you Google “Taylor Swift Jake Gyllenhaal” the suggestions literally include the word “scarf.”

Even Google says so.

Anyway, she performed the tune and after all these years, she did not hold back.

It was powerful enough to likely chill Jake to the bone.

Because she's angry.

The angriest.

In this case, we doubt he would echo this Tumblr-able sentiment.

As we watched her try to exorcise the demon that was their failed romance out from her body--

--we knew there was one person in this world we did NOT want to be at that moment.

You can see it gleaming in her eyes: “That was for you, Jake…”

Daaaaamn, rock on.

LOL...like it John. Thanks for making it!

Offline delalluvia

Those cards are a hoot, but, seriously, if she gets dumped by so many guys, maybe she ought to start asking herself some serious questions.

Not only this, but she's a drama queen.  She dated Jake for 2 months.  TWO months.  That's dating  not a relationship.  It appears if Taylor dates a man she thinks it's a relationship and when the men decide it's not working out and move on Taylor considers this a 'breakup' and 'being dumped' and feels betrayed.

She doesn't get that there is such a thing as casual dating.

I'm sure the guys she's dated are thinking, "Chill girl, it wasn't all that."  But most of them act more mature than she does.  

• BetterMost Supporter!

LOL...like it John. Thanks for making it!

Thank you, Sophia--but all I did was copy and paste, really!  :)

"Camping Out"

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1177609&showcomments=true

We’ve always wondered what really went down between Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal and well, now we know…

A source has revealed that Taylor, who was dating the Hollywood actor four years ago, was heartbroken when she lost her virginity to Jake for him only to bail on her 21st birthday.

The source tells Radaronline that she was saving herself for marriage but was so in love with the Prisoners star that after months, he finally convinced her to go ahead.

Jake, who was almost 30 at the time, then promised to come to her birthday bash in Tennessee but failed to show up. Erm, douche.

“The day before — all was set — he was coming, no issues. But the day of, she doesn’t hear from him at all. No texts, no calls,” the insider revealed.

“Taylor thought maybe he was planning some sort of surprise. Nope. He didn’t show up and she locked herself in the bathroom and cried the entire night.”

What’s more sad face is that the world now knows about Taylor’s first time!

It's ok Tay! You've got killer locks these days... check out the pop star's "revenge" hair below...

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline suelyblu

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Sure ain't a lady divulging all that personal stuff. Mind you.....I think if I had lost my virginity to Jake Gyllenhaal.....I would have bought commercial time on TV to announce it !!!  ;D :o

Seriously......she needs to let it go now. It's getting embarrassing .......for her.

Offline delalluvia

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=1177609&showcomments=true

We’ve always wondered what really went down between Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal and well, now we know…

A source has revealed that Taylor, who was dating the Hollywood actor four years ago, was heartbroken when she lost her virginity to Jake for him only to bail on her 21st birthday.

The source tells Radaronline that she was saving herself for marriage but was so in love with the Prisoners star that after months, he finally convinced her to go ahead.

Jake, who was almost 30 at the time, then promised to come to her birthday bash in Tennessee but failed to show up. Erm, douche.

“The day before — all was set — he was coming, no issues. But the day of, she doesn’t hear from him at all. No texts, no calls,” the insider revealed.

“Taylor thought maybe he was planning some sort of surprise. Nope. He didn’t show up and she locked herself in the bathroom and cried the entire night.”

What’s more sad face is that the world now knows about Taylor’s first time!

It's ok Tay! You've got killer locks these days... check out the pop star's "revenge" hair below...

Or so the "source" says.  Not sure I buy this story.