Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1111243 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2014, 11:26:16 am »
LOL!

I just read another interview with Hanno (through google translate); I didn't know he also has a daughter.  There's really no info in the US press about either of these guys.  Usually when you google an actor or actress, you get pics of their girlfriends/boyfriends or husbands/wives, who they're dating, etc.  But seems like the German press is not covering that at all.  Which is good for Hanno and Max, keeps their private lives private.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2014, 05:14:16 pm »
Part of another interview at the same link.  I googled to try to find a picture of what he's talking about but could only find the one below:

RIEMELT: The movie (Free Fall) is almost a sequel. Hanno, do you remember the scene in 'Auslandseinsatz' where we departed?

KOFFLER: The moment in front of the bus?

RIEMELT: Yes, we are standing face to face there, and all you're thinking is: 'Any moment they'll start kissing.'

Yesss, I can see your posts. The mod told me I problably pushed the ignore button (by accident of course  ;)). I changed it now. Thanks again.

Wow that picture is so sweet, don't you think?
It's one of the last scenes of "Auslandseinsatz". I watched that movie online on a German site. It was a goodbye scene and before the hugh you see at the picture, they stared at each other for a while. That's the almost kissing moment. It's really a lovely scene.
I don't know if it works for the US, but you could try to google "auslandseinsatz online movie4k", that's the site I watched. This scene is in the last 5 minutes. No subs, but you don't need subs.
Hope you can watch online or download it, if you love the two of them together as much as I do, it's worthwile just for that scene.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2014, 05:59:25 pm »
LOL!

I just read another interview with Hanno (through google translate); I didn't know he also has a daughter.  There's really no info in the US press about either of these guys.  Usually when you google an actor or actress, you get pics of their girlfriends/boyfriends or husbands/wives, who they're dating, etc.  But seems like the German press is not covering that at all.  Which is good for Hanno and Max, keeps their private lives private.

As far as I know (from interviews and other stuff I found on internet), Max doesn't want his private life in the spotlights. I heard a German radio interview (a recent one) and the interviewer said: when we heard you were coming, everyone said: wow, he's good....but he's also introverted.
After hearing the interview, I thought: no, you are not introverted at all. Just not a guy who only wants to talk about superficial (or triviant, don't know the right word) things and in fact he showed a lot of himself. My opinion: beautiful outside and inside.

I also read a review from someone who saw the free fall premiere in Berlin. After the movie, director and cast came on stage.
The review said: Hanno was very confident, Max seemed shy and left the stage as soon as he could.

And in another interview Max said: I don't want my friends and family to read nonsens about me in gossip magazines.

So all together I think Max protects his private life.

I'm talking too much about Max again :P.

And I didn't know Hanno had a daughter.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2014, 06:38:12 pm »
I'm not on Facebook, so I can't see the comments, but I'm not surprised.

I wonder if Lacant and the actors would consider it, I think it could be very successful.  If they do, they should definitely release it in theatres in the US, not just at queer film festivals.  I think it would appeal to a much larger audience if it was promoted.

Free fall was a low budget production. Stephan Lacant said that they were happy that the movie made it to the german cinema's and that they didn't expect the film would get so much attention. And, as I understood well, in Germany it was not shown in a lot of cinema's and mostly the smaller ones. I think because the movie is considered as a "gay movie" , just interesting for certain target group. And that's so not true!
Do you really think this movie (foreign country, subtitled, being sold as "gay movie"), would do good in US cinema's?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »
The other side

Offline morrobay

« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »
Free fall was a low budget production. Stephan Lacant said that they were happy that the movie made it to the german cinema's and that they didn't expect the film would get so much attention. And, as I understood well, in Germany it was not shown in a lot of cinema's and mostly the smaller ones. I think because the movie is considered as a "gay movie" , just interesting for certain target group. And that's so not true!
Do you really think this movie (foreign country, subtitled, being sold as "gay movie"), would do good in US cinema's?

Maybe, because I like it so much, I'm being a little optimistic about it making a lot of money in the US.  Brokeback was made for $14 million and grossed $83 million in the US.  I agree the fact that Free Fall is subtitled would probably be an issue.  

Glad you can see my posts now  :)

Offline morrobay

« Reply #296 on: May 09, 2014, 10:05:18 am »
Saw this today on my tumblr feed for Free Fall:

Friday May 9th the Deutscher Filmpreis will be awarded in Berlin. It will be broadcast slightly delayed to the live awards ceremony at 10.45pm on ARD.
Hanno is nominated for the German Film Award (Deutscher Filmpreis) in the category best leading actor for his performance in Free Fall (Freier Fall).

Offline morrobay

« Reply #297 on: May 09, 2014, 10:06:24 am »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #298 on: May 09, 2014, 10:16:55 am »
I got an idea of what they're talking about via Google translate: if Hanno wins, it would be an upset over the "favorite" Dieter Hallervorden?

Dafür begegnet einem bei den Herren allen Ernstes Dieter Hallervorden als greiser Marathonläufer („Sein letztes Rennen“) – man sollte es dann nicht für einen Scherz der Showautoren halten, wenn er statt Hanno Koffler („Freier Fall“) oder Sascha Alexander Gersak („5 Jahre Leben“) mit einer Lola nach Hause ginge.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2014, 10:25:59 am »
HAUPTDARSTELLER

Sascha Alexander Gersak in 5 JAHRE LEBEN
Dieter Hallervorden in SEIN LETZTES RENNEN
Hanno Koffler in FREIER FALL