Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101734 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #780 on: August 15, 2014, 05:05:26 pm »

some thing I didn't understand in the move the when marc was wating in kai apartment what did he want whay did marc want to fight him and may be hit him what did kai do wrong he staid away from marc and what did marc mean by blackmail and after he told marc he loved him he said I dont sleep with any one else or i will not sleep with you any more

I think Marc was confused and overwhelmed by a lot of feelings. He might be scared that people would find out about his relationship with Kai or that Kai should talk about it at work (I think that's what he meant with blackmail). He was jealous because he thought Kai might have sex with others ("what were you doing in that club, do you f*ck with others). All that feelings made Marc angry and agressive (and it wasn't the first time).

Kai said: I don't sleep with others.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #781 on: August 15, 2014, 05:09:18 pm »

I recommend this to anyone to read.

http://morrobay1990.livejournal.com/136427.html

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #782 on: August 16, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »
I recommend this to anyone to read.

http://morrobay1990.livejournal.cobe leaved l

thanks mariska i read it it very nice and realstic but it was sad when he made kai with some one else he told marc i am not sleeping with others i beleaved him and I thought may be he will not go to sone one else that easy but after what marc did he has all the right to do so
Some times I wander is kai gay gust gay or when he new marc his love to him made him go in these relationship and if he was gust gay how did he date briit
الكلام ما عدتش له لزمه السكوت احسن

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #783 on: August 17, 2014, 12:17:33 pm »
I have a totally different take on Kay and the road rage scene.  He didn't seem to me AT ALL about to cry - he was fucking pissed.  Marc was treating him like shit, and nobody treats Kay like shit for long.  The last thing I would compare him to is a pining, crying, whiny, weak, high school girl.  He went after Marc, told him to man up, and how does Marc respond?  Violence.  In the end, Marc's violent side, his lack of caring for Kay (he walked away after Kay was beaten up by Gregor), his total inability to make a decision all contributed to Kay leaving.  

I understand Marc's problems, and sympathize to a point.  But Kay a sorry, weeping mess?  No fucking way.

Everyone sees things differently..............

As for the difficulty understanding the comment due to run-on sentences, etc, perhaps it would be easier for you to communicate in that person's language, I'm sure it would be easier for them...
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #784 on: August 17, 2014, 02:43:10 pm »
Mariska and I talked about this a while back, this is from page 16 of this thread.  I'm pretty sure Vincent added his opinion, too, he always has an informed, interesting take on this movie

I thought the movie was so great. To be honest, I watched it because I like Max Riemelt so much  and I really did not expect this film would have such an impact on me. I watched it several times now and I'm still thinking about it.
Some of my thoughts (and excuse my bad English please)
I regret that many people seem to think that this movie is only interesting for gay people.  What happens to Marc  happens all the time to straight people. I mean, being settled,  children etc. and then suddenly falling in love with someone else. Of course the fact that Kay is a man makes it even more confusing, but it’s the same struggle about making choices.
It’s a beautiful but realistic story and interesting to watch for everybody.
I found the relationship between Marc and Kay most of the time so beautiful and real and touching. So much chemistry between them.  But I wonder if Marc really loved Kay. Why did he hit him? And why did he leave Kay behind when he was beaten up, without words, without a hugh or kiss. Just gave his key back and left. That was really so heartbreaking.
I know a lot of people did not like the end. I didn’t like it either. It is a realistic movie so there has to be a realistic end. Marc has to work things out first. But the separation with Kay was too fast, too hard and too sudden. A little bit of hope for the future would have been nice.
If there will be a freier fall 2 (I hope so I hope so),  I would like to know what Marc is going to do. Can he accept the way it ended with Kay? Will he try to find him? To find out what his feelings are, or maybe just to close things  up decently? Was Kay just an eye opener for Marc to show him that he was not really happy in his life or is he the love of his life?

Great to read your thoughts about the movie, I loved it, as you can tell from all my posts   :)  . And Max Riemelt is not only stunning to look at, but an exceptional actor.  I’ve looked up some info about him online, he’s been acting for more than 15 years, a long time.  He got excellent reviews for Napola and I would like to see it, but I’m afraid I couldn’t take the physical or emotional violence.

Marc & Kay’s relationship is beautiful, and the actors were totally committed to their roles and held nothing back.  The chemistry between them is unbelievable, as you said.  I have so many favorite scenes; early in the film, when Marc is smoking in the parking lot and Kay comes up to him, taking a cigarette, grabbing his hand for a light - so confident.  I love the looks between them.  And the kiss in the hospital!  Schön   :)

But you bring up some good questions about Marc.  When he hit him, I think he was just so confused about the whole thing; he’s lashing out because he doesn’t know what else to do, he can’t admit his own feelings to himself. He never tells Kay he loves him, in fact I would wish for a little more dialogue between them.  I believe he loves Kay, but there is too much going on for him to be able to put his feelings into words, I think.  His whole relationship with Bettina, a new baby, his parents and co-workers finding out – he is overwhelmed.

And yes, it was heartbreaking when he left Kay without a touch or a word.  You could see the pain in his face as he waits for the elevator, but I want to scream at him to go back.  Maybe I’ve watched this a few too many times!
One of the great things about the script and the acting by Hanno Koffler is that even though he acts like a jerk sometimes, you still care about him, and can understand why he’s acting like a jerk.

I didn’t mind the ending, I thought there was hope for the future, and Marc certainly learned a lot about himself, and seemed to be able to face what was once utterly unthinkable to him.  And it certainly leaves it open to a sequel, which would be fantastic.  I want to know the answers to all the questions you stated.

Did you also like Brokeback Mountain?  I’m also wondering how you found this forum, was it Brokeback or Free Fall?

I’m really happy that you posted, your English is excellent, I hope you continue to post here, and on the other threads.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #785 on: August 17, 2014, 02:52:07 pm »

I also get the impression that when Marc stormed back to Kai's apartment (the scene where he breaks in on his now-abandoned apartment), he was going there in a determined spirit to make things right with Kai.  How great that would've been to see.

I loved where Kai confessed his love for Marc to Marc's parents.  Although the scene itself was very tense and uncomfortable, it was so honorable and courageous how he did this.

It would have been great to see, but I am, for better or worse, a realist, and I think it would not have lasted.

I haven't decided in my own mind what Marc expected to do when he went back to Kay's after Bettina left him.  For sure (imo) they weren't ready for a mature, lasting relationship, Marc was ricocheting all over the place, from Kay to Bettina then back to Kay.  Even at the very end of the film he still has so much to learn about himself, he has barely started.  But there is hope, a great message for any film to deliver.

But yes, the scene when Kay tells Marc's parents he loves him - totally brave and sweet and lovely to hear him say that - and for Marc to hear it, although it just fucked Marc up even more than he already was!

Good to talk about this again...there are still a lot of things I haven't figured out, and I find that I'm still changing my mind about things after having all this time to think about it.  And really, I think about this damn movie way too much!

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #786 on: August 18, 2014, 08:07:39 am »
I agree that marc and kay need more time and more events to pring them togather if marc found kay in his apartment it is not going to be the sweet life that jack and kay wanted they needed to go through more to end up togather

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #787 on: August 18, 2014, 11:08:48 am »
I really liked Freier Fall... but it did not affect me like Brokeback, I'm not sure why...? However, I've been really impacted by The Normal Heart and have pre-ordered the DVD due out next week. Matt Bomer and Mark Ruffalo were so beautiful in this film... as well as the remainder of the cast. If you've not seen I hope you will.

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #788 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:57 am »
Britt was just a cover-up for Kai.  He only had eyes for Marc.  I think Kai was deeply in love with Marc but his lust for Marc did not make him gay, if I am understanding your comment (no punctuation, misspells and one run-on sentence are hard to read - just saying!). He was definitely gay before Marc.  I agree with you that he was completely devoted and loyal to Marc.  

Remember when he tried to confront Marc in that car scene on the side of the road?  Yo, he was so upset!  Like when he finally rolled down the window and started speaking, he sounded like he was about to start crying (saying no text, nothing, etc to Marc).  LOL (kind-of).  I imagine he had been home all pining away for Marc with tears in his eyes - just waiting by his phone for Marc to call or text. HA HA!  Acting like a high-school girl.  LOL!

I am sorry English is not my first language arabic is

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #789 on: August 19, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »
Your English is better than my Arabic. ;)
:laugh: