Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101207 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:14 pm »
Mariska, are the DVD extras of any behind-the-scenes video, or is it just audio?  I wonder if it has subtitles.

What did you think of the music?  I liked most of it, even though I don't really listen to synth.  They chose every track to really fit the mood.  And the song that plays as the credits roll is great, I think.  Miss Kenichi, "Who Are You?".  Perfect for Marc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQotBJKvR8

"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2014, 08:07:06 am »
Be careful about using sites like this.  Most are probably safe, but I know some have spyware/malware that could affect your computer.  Safer to pay the $4 to Amazon.

Thanks for the advice!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2014, 01:48:33 pm »
some good discussions on IMDb, especially the ones titled "Kay" and "Marc, gay or not"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2617828/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm

Offline morrobay

« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:34 pm »
this one has both an English translation and links to the original German interview with the actors, very good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2617828/board/?p=2

Offline morrobay

« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »
Mariska, another question for you, since you're the only one who's seen it.

After the argument in Kay's apartment, they kiss, then Kay pulls back and they're looking at each other.  Does Kay then nod his head, as if to say "yes, I love you, it's real."?  Or am I imagining things?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »
Hi BF,
First of all: thanks for the imdb link to the discussions, wow, interesting. I have read them volatile and have to read them again. Really very interesting.

About the DVD extra's: there are 6 deleted scenes. The two scenes with kay/marc (marcs leg and the canteen scene) you have seen. The other four were nice but not spectacular. The audio comments have no subs unfortunately. I don't think it's worthwhile for you to buy the DVD from Germany (you can't buy it in the US on DVD??).

The phone call: wow, we really thought the same.

The music: I liked it, it fit to the scenes. I thought the song at the credits fit very well to marc's situation and it's a beautifull but sad song.

I don't know about the scene in the appartent, I can't remember Kay doing anything like that but I will watch with attention next time (which will be soon   :laugh:)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2014, 06:35:53 pm »
You know, after hearing the audio comments and reading a lot of reviews, it's clear to me that using a lot of non-verbal language in a movie can be tricky. Not everyone interpretates that same.
For example the scene in the rain (the car): I read 3 different interpretations about the look at Kay's face:
- kay shows little emotion
- kay has a smug smile on his face as if he thought: I've won.
- Kay closes his eyes full of lust

Well, which one do you think?
I should say: a combination of the last two.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2014, 06:55:45 pm »
Hi BF,
First of all: thanks for the imdb link to the discussions, wow, interesting. I have read them volatile and have to read them again. Really very interesting.

About the DVD extra's: there are 6 deleted scenes. The two scenes with kay/marc (marcs leg and the canteen scene) you have seen. The other four were nice but not spectacular. The audio comments have no subs unfortunately. I don't think it's worthwhile for you to buy the DVD from Germany (you can't buy it in the US on DVD??).

Glad you liked the interviews and the discussion threads.  Everybody really liked this movie.  The comments were so thoughtful, and well thought out, and some different opinions for sure.

I bought the digital movie from Amazon back in March, but it's only the movie, no extras.  So today I bought the DVD and just hope there are subtitles on the extras, but if not, that's ok, I'll just listen to Max talk   :)

The phone call: wow, we really thought the same.

Ok, good.  The few seconds between answering the phone and saying he couldn't talk now - Kay was saying something wonderful!

The music: I liked it, it fit to the scenes. I thought the song at the credits fit very well to marc's situation and it's a beautifull but sad song.

I don't know about the scene in the appartent, I can't remember Kay doing anything like that but I will watch with attention next time (which will be soon   :laugh:)  

Yeah, the music was good.  

Sorry I make you keep watching this over and over again just to answer my questions.  I know that must be hard on you!  :laugh:  It's so good to have someone to talk to about this.  I didn't realize I had so many questions until we started talking.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2014, 07:03:43 pm »
You know, after hearing the audio comments and reading a lot of reviews, it's clear to me that using a lot of non-verbal language in a movie can be tricky. Not everyone interpretates that same.
For example the scene in the rain (the car): I read 3 different interpretations about the look at Kay's face:
- kay shows little emotion
- kay has a smug smile on his face as if he thought: I've won.
- Kay closes his eyes full of lust

Well, which one do you think?
I should say: a combination of the last two.

That can be read all those ways, and more.  Sometimes it looks like he's thinking, "ok, this guy turned me around and now doesn't know what to do."  Like it amuses him that Marc did that, and then just stopped.

I can see the second one a little bit, "I've won", but that's kind of not really Kay's style, especially where Marc is concerned, even very early on.  Remember in the forest the first time, how he kisses him after, taking the time to try to settle Marc down and show him that he cares, that it wasn't anything bad that happened?  What beautiful things could have happened if Marc hadn't run away?  

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2014, 01:31:39 am »
... And he was kissing him back and had his arms around him - you know he's fighting it, but you also know he really wants it.

I'm not sure about what Marc did right before that.  I thought maybe he was trying to move Kay's hands away, is that it?

Yes, it appears to me that Marc takes Kay's hand and guides it to where both want it to end up. Note:  it is a very very quick cut, maybe 1/2 second so it's a stop, rewind, and replay watching the hands very carefully.  If it helps, it's shot from behind and to Kay's left and it is very quick cut.In the next cut we are shown Kay obviously jerking Marc off - no mistake there - Marc is willing (and wants) to "take a walk on the wilder side..."  He just needed Kay to lead him.  

BTW, that is a theme throughout the film, starting with the first scene to the end.  Kay generally leads Marc and when Marc tries to lead Kay - we have a no go here.  Think about the pool scene and many others.. who's first?  And then when Marc tries to urge Kay to get out of the pool before they are caught, Kay refuses and Marc plods back to their room without Kay.    Cheers, V.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:48:09 am by gattaca »
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?