Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101351 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2014, 11:06:10 am »
Max-attitude.  yeah
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2014, 12:08:49 pm »
I don't see that.  I guess I'll have to watch that scene over and over and over  ;)

It is hard to see if you are not looking for the hands, specifically.

It is a VERY quick cut, maybe 1/2 second and honestly, on first viewings you are focusing on the intensities elsewhere. To catch this, it is stop, rewind, and replay watching the hands very carefully.  If it helps, it's shot from behind but is at an angle intended for you see this but in an uber quick cut.  I'm not sure why so short duration for such a key moment. In the next cut we are shown Kay obviously jerking Marc off.  

Marc taking Kay's hand and directing it happens with about 1:22:20 --> 1:22:14  remaining (at last on the Amazon copy). 

One must be really watching closely to see this.. quite a good catch for whomever posted it.  THANK YOU - and it took me a couple of rewinds to see it.

Also, I'll post more soon about your specific comments and answer the questions posted there.. Cheers, V.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:10:17 am by gattaca »
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2014, 02:39:42 pm »
Just ordered the DVD from Amazon. Looking forward to seeing it.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2014, 05:16:28 pm »
Hi V.,
The first few times I watched the movie I didn't notice either (the arm/hand in the forest).
But when I did see it, it seemed clear to me what Marc's intention was.

I am not sure if BF did not notice this short cut or if she interprets it differently.
BF, to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, you have to watch that scene again (and again). I am so sorry  :P.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2014, 05:59:26 pm »
Hi BF, I'm also happy that I can discuss this film now.
I hope more people will watch it, like it and want to discuss it.

Normally I don't watch a movie more than 1 or 2 times. This is the first time I watched a movie so many times.
It is such an interesting movie. When I watched the first time, I missed so many details, but even then I was impressed and touched. Hanno and Max were so great that I forgot I was looking at actors. I am not gay and not particularly interested in gay movies, but I have never seen such a chemistry between two actors in a movie, gay or straight. Beside that Hanno was excellent as Marc and of course Max as Kay.
It was like I was feeling their emotions.
(For some reason I didn't like Bettina, even though her acting was great).

After watching a lot of times and hearing the audio comments (director and actors discussed so much about every scene, every detail had a meaning, the lead actors had a lot of input (especially in the sex/love scenes) about what they wanted to show en how they wanted to do that), I think I like the movie even more.

I will respond later to V''s and your comments.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:35 am »
It is hard to see if you are not looking for the hands, specifically.

I saw that, but read it differently, as if Marc is trying to make a half-hearted attempt to stop him, or move his hand away.  For one thing, it's Kay's left hand, and he is obviously right-handed  ;)

Offline morrobay

« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2014, 10:05:08 am »
Hi BF, I'm also happy that I can discuss this film now.
I hope more people will watch it, like it and want to discuss it.

After watching a lot of times and hearing the audio comments (director and actors discussed so much about every scene, every detail had a meaning, the lead actors had a lot of input (especially in the sex/love scenes) about what they wanted to show en how they wanted to do that), I think I like the movie even more.

I'm really looking forward to getting the DVD and hearing them talk about the movie.  It's something we all wanted for Brokeback, a detailed discussion with Jake & Heath, but never happened.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2014, 11:07:59 am »
ok, another question.  In the beginning of the movie, after they both get called into Brandt's office, Marc is leaning against a building smoking and Kay walks up to him rolling a joint.  He looks through a big window that seems to be overlooking the pool, then he asks Marc for a light.  There's a close up of him lighting the joint and in the next shot, the background is outside with a water sprinkler on.  Slight lack of continuity?  Maybe that's not the right word, but things definitely changed there.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2014, 11:47:45 am »
Hi BF, i'm sorry but the audio comments and the deleted scenes are not subtitled. I will try to help you by translating the scenes as good as possible. Aboutthe audio you can ask me if you want to know something specific. And i will watch it again and make notes about discussion that might be interesting fir you. I am really sorry  >:(

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2014, 02:56:23 pm »
SPOILERS!

BF, you are totally right about the smoke / swimming pool scene. Very strange.

The forest scene: I still think it was the intention of the movie makers to give the impression that Marc was leading Kay's hand in a certain direction, but you are right again about the left/right hand. Probably this scene is shot in parts and from different sides and I think this happens all the time when making movies, without the viewers noticing this.
Good that you did. Ik could see this a thousend times without noticing.
However, of course you could be right and the intention is diffent.
Curious what others will think when they watched the movie.
It's a little detail but in my opinion important how to interpret. It's quite a difference: Kay puts his hand in Marc's pants because Marc "asked" him to or Kay puts his hand in Marc's pants despite Marc tried to push him away.

Then another thing. I was wondering why Marc was back in the training camp. But could it be possible that he was doing that run test at that moment (at the end of the movie)?

One other thing about the scene in Kay's apartment. After Kay told Marc he loved him, they wrapped their arms around each other and kissed. At a certain moment Marc put's his tongue in Kay's mouth and to me it looked like if Max withdrew his head, as if he was shocked a little (like: hey fellow, take it easy). Curious what you think.

About Max: on youtube I found a nice video. Is from a few years ago, but I liked it anyway. You see pieces of several movies and interviews and all comments are in English. When you search for Kino the German film magazin you will find it. From 14.20 it's about babyface max :).