Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101717 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2014, 06:35:04 pm »
It's not the same but maybe it helps.

You've seen the first two deleted scenes (the only deleted scenes with Kay in it).

1: after the first training scene with the group when Marc had to stop running, Kay comes into the shower room and said to Marc: your breating is wrong, killing at long distances. Then Marc get's problems with his leg and Kay helps him. Then Marc said: lass, lass. Which means: stop it, don't do that.

2: Kay shows up unexpectedly in the canteen. (I think it was an alternative for the scene Kay shows up as the new collegue). This scene does not need words (I loved it, that look at Marc's face and the way Kay smiled).

3. Marc gives his dirty laundry to his mother. And while she is putting the laundry into the washer, she says to Marc: can't you talk with Frank about working all those  nights ( :P). They talk a little and then Marc's mum finds a condom in one of his pants. She looks at it for a while but then she puts it aside. Marc stressed for a moment of course, but his mum didn't seem suspicious at all.
(In the audio comments I heard that this scene was meant to show the viewers that Marc and Kay had safe sex. No idea why the scene was deleted after all).

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »
This is great!

Yes, I've seen the deleted scene of them when Marc gets the leg cramp, but didn't know what Kay said to him, about his breathing.  That would have been great to leave in, it really explains why they start running together, and why Kay keeps telling him to breathe evenly.

The canteen scene!  Wasn't that great?  I love the look on Kay's face, too - he's so cocky and sure of himself.  This would have been better than the "new collegue" scene.  They should have asked us about this!

Oh, ok.  I have seen a few viewer comments that mention them not using condoms, so that would have been good, too.  And the night shifts are mentioned.  We never really know how many nights they spend together until Bettina says "all those night shifts.  You weren't even there."

These were good scenes - I wonder what else ended up on the cutting room floor.  They could make a fortune selling out-takes from the bed scene at Kay's   ;)

Thank  you so much!
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2014, 06:54:25 pm »
This is great!

Yes, I've seen the deleted scene of them when Marc gets the leg cramp, but didn't know what Kay said to him, about his breathing.  That would have been great to leave in, it really explains why they start running together, and why Kay keeps telling him to breathe evenly.

The canteen scene!  Wasn't that great?  I love the look on Kay's face, too - he's so cocky and sure of himself.  This would have been better than the "new collegue" scene.  They should have asked us about this!

These were good scenes - I wonder what else ended up on the cutting room floor.  They could make a fortune selling out-takes from the bed scene at Kay's   ;)

Thank  you so much!

You're welcome.
I tell you tomorrow about the other scenes. There's a lot more conversation in 2 of the last 3 scenes and I want to describe as good as possible. d
In Dutchie it's after midnight and my brains are getting slow  :).

By the way: did you know that the actrice who played Marc's mum is a lesbien in real life? Do you remember that look at her face in the elevator? And the legendary "we didn't raise you like this?"In German cinema's was a lot of laughing at those scenes. You can imagine why,

Offline morrobay

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2014, 06:57:21 pm »
Ok, good night, talk to you tomorrow. 

Offline morrobay

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »
This is the interview (in English) where he mentions his daughter.  (I thought Max was from Berlin, but not Hanno)

Countdown to the German Movie Awards: Interview with Hanno Koffler about his pajamas, his dream to make music and his hometown Berlin

http://awz-deroandco.tumblr.com/post/85242763320/countdown-to-the-german-movie-awards-interview-with

Offline morrobay

« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2014, 07:03:02 pm »
A comment from tumblr - it might be from Facebook

Aww, Hanno was so cute after they showed his face after they showed the clip at the German Movie Awards. His eyes were wet and he was hiding his face

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2014, 01:48:30 am »
The reason you can't choose different countries' versions on your DVD is that you have a different DVD. DVDs have different region codes. European DVDs don't play in American DVD-players and vice versa.

Here's an overview of the different region codes:

DVDs are region coded for copyright issues, release date control and also due to the fact that you North Americans have different color technology build in your TVs. Yours run on NTSC while ours have PAL or SECAM.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2014, 09:08:35 am »
Wow, thank you, I didn't know that at all.  So there is a difference in what they actually put on what DVD in which region.  Should all be alike  :-\

Offline morrobay

« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2014, 09:56:52 am »
I played the DVD and the picture quality is better than the digital movie on Amazon, so I'm glad I bought it.  The quality on the digital was good, nothing wrong with it at all; but it is better on the DVD.

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2014, 10:24:58 am »
The reason you can't choose different countries' versions on your DVD is that you have a different DVD. DVDs have different region codes. European DVDs don't play in American DVD-players and vice versa.

Here's an overview of the different region codes:

DVDs are region coded for copyright issues, release date control and also due to the fact that you North Americans have different color technology build in your TVs. Yours run on NTSC while ours have PAL or SECAM.

Thanks for posting.

There are mods to allow some players to play DVDs from ANY region.. YMMV see below:

http://www.wisebread.com/make-your-dvd-player-region-free-in-seconds
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

As for the the PAL vs NTSC which alters the actual way the picture is designed to be displayed on the screen, changes frame rates, colors, etc.. that's a bit harder but if you have a PC..

http://www.diffen.com/difference/NTSC_vs_PAL

VLC Player will handle (so I'm told) but I have never actually tried to play a PAL DVD. 

Always be very careful where you download VLC. Use only known safe source as there are lots of sites with VLC in google - many infected with malware, viruses and trojans.  Use trusted sources such as the main project or CNET...

https://www.videolan.org/
http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10267151.html

Cheers, V.

How do you hide when you are running from yourself?