Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101238 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
This is the interview (in English) where he mentions his daughter.  (I thought Max was from Berlin, but not Hanno)

Countdown to the German Movie Awards: Interview with Hanno Koffler about his pajamas, his dream to make music and his hometown Berlin

http://awz-deroandco.tumblr.com/post/85242763320/countdown-to-the-german-movie-awards-interview-with

Good interview. He seems to be a really nice guy. And just like me sleeping in old shirts  :)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

Bettina wore his shirts to feel close to him while he was gone, now she isn't wearing them anymore  She has discarded the shirts (and Marc), and he has claimed them (and himself) again. 

Sometimes it's difficult to express in Dutch what I feel about something, but in English is even more difficult. But this is exactly what I meant.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2014, 06:02:27 pm »
Hi Mariska,
thank you so much for explaining the deleted scenes for me.  I found all 6, but they have Russian subtitles!!  So your explanations really helped.  

you're so right about the scene in the bowling alley.  I could hear Marc say "Engel", so I knew when they started talking about him, and then he just quietly fell apart.   :'(

I put the link for the 6 deleted scenes with Russian subs below anyway.

http://vk.com/video-39818588_167204733
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:32:10 pm by butlers_fantasy »
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2014, 06:04:03 pm »
Just finished watching the movie on DVD. Like other North American ones, no extras such as commentary.

Very powerful movie, now I can read some of the comments y'all have made.

Yes, very glad you liked it.  Mariska is filling us in on all the commentary that we didn't get.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2014, 06:05:14 pm »
Sometimes it's difficult to express in Dutch what I feel about something, but in English is even more difficult. But this is exactly what I meant.

You said the words, "breaking up the bond with Bettina? Or that Marc is on his own now?"   I just moved them around a little  :)

Offline morrobay

« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2014, 06:44:16 pm »
WOW - Frank & Britt!  Just when I was thinking what a nice happy couple Frank & Claudia were!

I'm glad they didn't go with that sub-plot, it would have been too much, and too far away from the storyline, it would have just muddied the water.

If anything, they could have done Kay & Britt - as it is, you (well, if you watch it as many times as I have!) have to imagine that when he wasn't with Marc he could be with Britt, if he wanted to.  But even that would have intruded on the story of Marc & Kay, and that's what I was invested in seeing.  I mean, they kept Kay so hidden; what did he do with his time when he wasn't with Marc?  And how often did they see each other?  For some reason, I really want to know more about that.  When they do part 2, I certainly hope they come to me for ideas  ::)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2014, 07:41:34 pm »
You said the words, "breaking up the bond with Bettina? Or that Marc is on his own now?"   I just moved them around a little  :)

Yes, but the way I said it sounds a little pathetic, like "poor Marc". You said:  "and he has claimed them (and himself) again" and that makes all the difference. You can loose everyting, except yourself.

If Marc and Bettina would have stayed together, Marc really should have lost himself. Choosing the easy way. Now everyting is open for him. That's why I can live with the end now.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2014, 07:57:48 pm »
I don't know if you'd be interested in reading this.  It's a short fanfiction story about FF.  The writer, who is German but wrote this in English, wanted a better ending, so she put Marc and Kay together.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10221428/1/No-more-running

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »
WOW - Frank & Britt!  Just when I was thinking what a nice happy couple Frank & Claudia were!

I'm glad they didn't go with that sub-plot, it would have been too much, and too far away from the storyline, it would have just muddied the water.

If anything, they could have done Kay & Britt - as it is, you (well, if you watch it as many times as I have!) have to imagine that when he wasn't with Marc he could be with Britt, if he wanted to.  But even that would have intruded on the story of Marc & Kay, and that's what I was invested in seeing.  I mean, they kept Kay so hidden; what did he do with his time when he wasn't with Marc?  And how often did they see each other?  For some reason, I really want to know more about that.  When they do part 2, I certainly hope they come to me for ideas  ::)

From the comments: Kay was supposed to be hidden and mysterious. He just shows up in Marc's life. All the questions: how much time between the scenes, how often, how long, etc. wasn't important. The scenes showed the actual status, not the time it took.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2014, 08:13:10 pm »
Yeah, I get it, and they're right of course.  Which makes the ending all the more ambiguous, and each viewer is free to "fill in the blanks" about what happens to Marc.

I still want part 2.  I'd like to see the blanks filled in on a DVD with Hanno & Max  ;)