Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101296 times)

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #420 on: May 15, 2014, 10:08:25 pm »
Parking lot? I can't remember a parking lot. You mean the scene when Kay grabs Marcs hand to light the cigaret?

Question about that thene. When Kay walks away, what is Marc thinking?
And what was Marc thinking after the cigarette kiss when he touched his lips? He seems surprised but not negative surprised.

That move was an intimate test for which most straight guys would have very likely punched Kay... Cheers, V.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:14:03 pm by gattaca »
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2014, 10:18:13 pm »
Well, when Gregor asks if something was going on between him & Kay, Marc says yes, which earns him a beating.  That's a pretty big step from punching Kay and denying everything.  

And what if it was only Kay?  Do you believe that could be true?  I have no frame of reference for that; I've only heard opinions that you can't be "gay" for 1 person........like Ennis was for Jack  

Rewatch the scene, Marc never said yes, Gregor implied... What is Marc was just defending Kay's rights?  

I'm not qualified to answer but I certainly understand how it could happen.  Just recently Chris Martin has made allusions for many years and one most recently.  Most realize when they encounter a really attractive person, they just know it, how else do we know the person is attractive? The heart and mind often do not agree and that was Marc's case.  We realize and honor the fact that human sexuality happens on a ranged scale.  The available range is influenced by social stigma, fear of death, beatings, bullying, supportive or unsupportive communities, laws, constitutional amendments or as we saw here,  just approval from friends, parents, co-workers, ... 

Bottom line:  It is possible once one allows it to be.   Cheers, V.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:49:37 am by gattaca »

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #422 on: May 16, 2014, 08:36:34 am »
That move was an intimate test which most straight guys would have very like punched Kay... Cheers, V.

This is very interesting.  I can assume that would be the case, but you confirmed it.

To answer Mariska's question about what Marc was thinking after Kay gave him the shotgun with the joint, then kissed him: I think the look on his face is "why did I like that?" (or "why didn't I punch him?"), and I'm assuming he had a, uh, physical reaction that shocked him.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #423 on: May 16, 2014, 08:39:11 am »
Rewatch the scene, Marc never said yes, Gregor implied... What is Marc was just defending Kay's rights?  

I thought he nods yes, then asks "Jealous?"

Offline morrobay

« Reply #424 on: May 16, 2014, 08:52:36 am »
Parking lot? I can't remember a parking lot. You mean the scene when Kay grabs Marcs hand to light the cigaret?

Question about that thene. When Kay walks away, what is Marc thinking?
And what was Marc thinking after the cigarette kiss when he touched his lips? He seems surprised but not negative surprised.

Yes, that one.  Isn't that a parking lot?  

As for what he's thinking when Kay walks away - he's disappointed, relieved, confused, and most definitely he feels desire........

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #425 on: May 16, 2014, 10:14:41 am »

To answer Mariska's question about what Marc was thinking after Kay gave him the shotgun with the joint, then kissed him: I think the look on his face is "why did I like that?" (or "why didn't I punch him?"), and I'm assuming he had a, uh, physical reaction that shocked him.

That's what I thought about it, my words would be: why wasn't that disgusting.
There's someting else I've wondered about. It's a little embarrassing, but now you are the one talking about physical reactions, I ask it anyway.
The bedscene. When Kay turns, there's a short shot we can see he really is naked. My first thougt was: oh, a little mistake from the film makers to show him that naked right at this moment? I mean, it was in the heat of the moment and (this is the embarrassing part) I didn't notice any physical reaction. Made Max's input in the scene a little unbelieveble?? Or do I have a wrong idea about this or maybe I missed something. Didn't yoy notice?

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #426 on: May 16, 2014, 11:09:46 am »
I didn't notice any physical reaction. Made Max's input in the scene a little unbelieveble?? Or do I have a wrong idea about this or maybe I missed something. Didn't yoy notice?
We don't know what exactly had played before and well that part of the scene is out of focus. A male's size and state of arousal varies widely, so "it depends"  Max could have been in "recharge" mode b/c the next play it is clearly Marc's.  V.

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #427 on: May 16, 2014, 11:14:54 am »
I thought he nods yes, then asks "Jealous?"
I rewatched - you are correct, Marc does issue a slight "nod" but it's not a strong affirmative yes... it could have been just a normal body movement - can play either way.  I did not notice that until your post.  Gregor's realization does not come until after the "Jealous" comment..  V.

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #428 on: May 16, 2014, 11:17:38 am »
As for what he's thinking when Kay walks away - he's disappointed, relieved, confused, and most definitely he feels desire........

Perfect read.  Marc's still struggling with how or whether to follow Kay's lead. He's got so many options flying thru his head - unthinkable. V.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:13:02 pm by gattaca »

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #429 on: May 16, 2014, 11:46:46 am »
We don't know what exactly had played before and well that part of the scene is out of focus. A male's size and state of arousal varies widely, so "it depends"  Max could have been in "recharge" mode b/c the next play it is clearly Marc's.  V.

Thank you Vincent, that makes sense.