Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101140 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #430 on: May 16, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »
Not very clear, but this is the only one I can find of the kiss

"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #431 on: May 16, 2014, 01:07:58 pm »
another new one, I've not seen this one before

Offline morrobay

« Reply #432 on: May 16, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »

The heart and mind often do not agree and that was Marc's case.  

It is possible once one allows it to be.   Cheers, V.

Two beautifully worded sentiments, really lovely.  

Offline morrobay

« Reply #433 on: May 16, 2014, 08:44:37 pm »
I rewatched - you are correct, Marc does issue a slight "nod" but it's not a strong affirmative yes... it could have been just a normal body movement - can play either way.  I did not notice that until your post.  Gregor's realization does not come until after the "Jealous" comment..  V.

It is slight, but I thought it was because of the camera angle; again, it's how each person views it.  I saw him nod "yes" from my first viewing.  

So do you think Marc was still denying Kay, and his feelings for him, at this time?  If there was a part 2, what would you like to see?  How would you like to see it played out?

Mariska - you, too,   If Lacant decided to do part 2 and came to you for input, what would you like to see?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #434 on: May 16, 2014, 08:56:09 pm »

We know from the roadside chase where Kay forces Marc off the road and confronts him, Marc rages "I am not gay. Got it?"  while punching Kay in full denial.  He also reinforces his sense of responsibility in this sequence with "I am a father now... Shall I just abandon them?"  This "not gay" is reinforced again during his locker room fight / encounter with Gregor, Marc never says he's gay, nor does he openly say / admit he had a relationship with Kay.  Watch it carefully.  He asks Gregor if he is Jealous.. after Gregor implies Marc and Kay "had something between you two..."  Yes,  Marc kissed Gregor to clearly provoke him but nothing more...  Marc grew a set..  Then when we see Marc next he's is in the club alone where he does a casual pickup, but realizes he cannot follow thru with casual sex with a stranger - not Kay.  Like Ennis's relationship with only Jack, Marc only appears attracted to Kay enough to have sex - no one else.  There's a big difference internally between accepting and saying "I am gay" and engaging someone implying there was a "something between you two.."   That's why I think Marc will not admit to being "gay" aka very similar to Ennis..    V.      

The roadside chase....I know he denies being gay, denies loving Kay (only an affair) but he also said: I can't abandon Bettina and the baby (like you said). In an earlier post I wrote my opinion about this. At that time there was no other option for him than stay with Bettina and his newborn child, which is understandable. As I wrote before, I think this was his biggest conflict. So, what else could he do than deny, to himself and to Kay. He wants to believe his feelings for Kay were temporary, something that would never happen again, to make a new start with Bettina and baby.
But these are just my thoughts about this.
The scene with Gregor: I understand he was provoking Gregor, but I can't see the word “jealous”  as anything else than a confirmation and not only standing up for Kay’s rights. Marc could have stand up for Kay’s rights without giving the impression that he had something going on with Kay.
Something in that scene gave me the feeling that something changed in Marc. Since the car chase incident, a few thing happened (his relationship with Bettina didn’t work anymore, the pain he felt when Kay left, in the gay bar he discovered that just-a-guy didn’t replace Kay). I think he faced just 1 fact: that Kay was more than just an affair and Marc was in pain because of Kay during the Gregor scene. Maybe Marc wanted to make something up for Kay by admitting their relation or maybe he felt the need to show his feelings he was ashamed of before.
I agree with you that this is something else than admitting he’s gay or start a real relationship with another man. But I still think at certain moment he will make the choice of his heart.
Ennis and Jack loved each other for a lifetime. So why not Marc and Kay?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #435 on: May 16, 2014, 09:08:50 pm »
The roadside chase....I know he denies being gay, denies loving Kay (only an affair) but he also said: I can't abandon Bettina and the baby (like you said). In an earlier post I wrote my opinion about this. At that time there was no other option for him than stay with Bettina and his newborn child, which is understandable. As I wrote before, I think this was his biggest conflict. So, what else could he do than deny, to himself and to Kay. He wants to believe his feelings for Kay were temporary, something that would never happen again, to make a new start with Bettina and baby.

Yes, he WANTS to believe his feelings are fleeting, but ultimately, he cannot.

But these are just my thoughts about this.
The scene with Gregor: I understand he was provoking Gregor, but I can't see the word “jealous”  as anything else than a confirmation and not only standing up for Kay’s rights. Marc could have stand up for Kay’s rights without giving the impression that he had something going on with Kay.
Something in that scene gave me the feeling that something changed in Marc.

Yes, absolutely, something in him changed.  He acknowledged that he had feelings for Kay, that he loved him.

Since the car chase incident, a few thing happened (his relationship with Bettina didn’t work anymore, the pain he felt when Kay left, in the gay bar he discovered that just-a-guy didn’t replace Kay).

Yes.  Kay cannot be replaced by another faceless guy.  It was him, Kay - the man, that person, that Marc loved.......not a mouth or a dick.  (sorry)

I think he faced just 1 fact: that Kay was more than just an affair and Marc was in pain because of Kay during the Gregor scene.

Yes.

Maybe Marc wanted to make something up for Kay by admitting their relation or maybe he felt the need to show his feelings he was ashamed of before.
I agree with you that this is something else than admitting he’s gay or start a real relationship with another man. But I still think at certain moment he will make the choice of his heart.
Ennis and Jack loved each other for a lifetime. So why not Marc and Kay?

And yes!

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #436 on: May 16, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »
It is slight, but I thought it was because of the camera angle; again, it's how each person views it.  I saw him nod "yes" from my first viewing.  

So do you think Marc was still denying Kay, and his feelings for him, at this time?  If there was a part 2, what would you like to see?  How would you like to see it played out?

Mariska - you, too.  If Lacant decided to do part 2 and came to you for input, what would you like to see?
Marc

Of course I want Marc to go after Kay in part two. These two stole my heart and they fit together  so well.
I don't know if this is realistic (although I mentioned before that the end gave hope), but it's the only part two for me that I would love.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #437 on: May 16, 2014, 09:28:22 pm »
Yes, he WANTS to believe his feelings are fleeting, but ultimately, he cannot.

Yes, absolutely, something in him changed.  He acknowledged that he had feelings for Kay, that he loved him.

Yes.  Kay cannot be replaced by another faceless guy.  It was him, Kay - the man, that person, that Marc loved.......not a mouth or a dick.  (sorry)

Yes.

And yes!

So glad that I'm not the only romantic sould around here  ;).
Goodnight.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #438 on: May 16, 2014, 09:51:47 pm »
^^^^  Most definitely not  :)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #439 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:42 am »
If Lacant decided to do a part two.

As I wrote I would like Marc to go after Kay and everything is going to be allright.

Trying to think of a little realistic part 2, I can image it would go like this:
I almost know for sure that his relationship with Bettina is over. That part of the story is finished. Of course Marc has to make arrangements with Bettina concerning their son. He has to put his life together. He has a lot emotional stuff to deal with. And all this will take a lot of time (like every divorce).

Concerning Marc/Kay: let's assume Marc really did love Kay (I almost know for sure). Although he broke up with Kay and asked him to leave, the moment he found out Kay left, was unexpected for Marc and he was heart broken. He broke up with Kay because he had decided he couldn't leave Bettina. But after he realized that this was not going to work anymore, he went to Kay's apartment. Why? That's another interesting question. What did he want from Kay? Probably he just wanted to see him, be with him, sex. But Kay left. Because he gave up hope. One thing is clear to me: Kay was done with secret meetings and just sex. He loved Marc and was ready to have a real relationship. I think Marc wasn't ready at all. So, even if Kay should have stayed, it wouldn't have worked at that time.

But, if I put myself in Marc's shoes, it would feel "unfinished". Kay left just at the moment Marc realized his feelings for Kay.
So what I think could happen is this: Marc can't let go and after a while he is going to find out where Kay moved to. He contacts him again.
Let's assume Kay still loves Marc (and of course he does). And Kay has to understand Marc's situation at the time he ended their relationship. After all, Kay knew Marc was bound, he has to understand Marc couldn't leave his family like that.
So they meet again. Going out together, get to know eachother better, more talking. All the stuff they didn't do in part 1. And find out if there is enough love for a real relationship.
Let's assume there is. I guess then everything depends on the question: is Marc going to follow his heart and does Kay have the patience to give him the time he needs. I think yes.

I know it's still a romantic part two but....I really think it's not totally impossible this could happen.

Anyway, I won't watch a part 2 without a happy ending for the two of them. Would be too much.