Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101346 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #450 on: May 18, 2014, 06:12:16 pm »
I think, if this would be the case, there's no room for Kay at all in the story. That's such a heavy sitiuation for a father. Marc would do anything to see his son. Except that: I don't know how this works in the USA, but in the Netherlands is almost impossible to legally keep a father from having visitation rights. Being unfaithful or having homosexual contacts makes him not a bad father. (Hopefully in the US the same?).

Understood.  But she might be so screwed up by the whole thing that she would even lie about Marc (drinking, drugs, out all night - which Frank could attest to - , irresponsible) to make a case against him.  If they were already living together, Kay would be there to support him, but it would add a tremendous struggle to their relationship, but all the better when they come out of it, having fought for it together.  
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2014, 06:13:56 pm »
Another question in a review: would this movie be as good as it is with other actors?
My answer: not a chance.
The chemistry between Max/Hanno is unique and that's what makes the movie so credible and intense.

nononononononono   :)   only Max & Hanno

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2014, 06:29:52 pm »
As for conflict/struggle in their relationship, one direction is Marc's jealousy.   Albeit a cliché, it exists on some level in a lot of relationships, it already reared its ugly head in Kay's apartment.  And if Marc and Kay do decide to try it on, Kay will be so much more accustomed to the lifestyle - Marc would have a lot of learning and growing to do, I can see lots of friction there.  

Kay has already been patient with Marc, but he'd have to know that he would be the "leader" (I hesitate to use that word, but he will be showing Marc a lot about something with which Marc has no experience), and allow for mistakes on both sides.

I forgot about the jealousy, but you are right. Another sign telling something about his feelings.

But after reading Vincent's comments, I guess he's right, realizing his feelings were deeper than he thought, is a long way from accepting and taking steps.
I think that could be the struggle. So I re-write my part 2: Marc doesn't know anything, who he is, what he wants, what he feels. He's not ready to contact Kay, doesn't even know if he wants to. But there are the genius flashbacks (we see a lot of Kay in part two thanks to the flashbacks). I don't know if there will be much conversation in the flashbacks (their  feelings were palpable without much conversation, that was crucial for the film) but I’m sure there were are lot of nice/good/intensive moments between them we haven’t seen so far.
And these flashbacks help Marc to sort out his feelings.
(Do you recognize this: hearing a song or being in a certain place that brings memory’s back. And these memories make you realize things).
The end of part 2 could be open again. Marc is ready to contact Kay en so he does. What happens next we can see in part 3  :laugh:

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #453 on: May 18, 2014, 06:49:26 pm »
Understood.  But she might be so screwed up by the whole thing that she would even lie about Marc (drinking, drugs, out all night - which Frank could attest to - , irresponsible) to make a case against him.  If they were already living together, Kay would be there to support him, but it would add a tremendous struggle to their relationship, but all the better when they come out of it, having fought for it together.  

You are right, this could happen (happens in real life, very sad).
But we must not forget that Kay left, Marc didn't choose for him. Kay was not part of his life anymore.
So...if there would be trouble about visiting rights, I think it would be too much. An extra reason to not contact Kay.
If we want a part 2 with Kay in it (and of course we want a lot of Max), it's difficult and complicated enough without an extra heavy storyline.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #454 on: May 18, 2014, 06:55:07 pm »
nononononononono   :)   only Max & Hanno

Exactly my thoughts.

And your flashback idea is so genius. It gives the opportunity to make a realistic part 2 and still see a lot of Max/Hanno scenes in it.
We should send it to Stephan Lacant. I'm sure he would love it  :).
We are not the only ones wanting a sequel: a lot of people are begging for it (on facebook, twitter, reviews).

Offline morrobay

« Reply #455 on: May 18, 2014, 06:57:05 pm »
Exactly my thoughts.

And your flashback idea is so genius. It gives the opportunity to make a realistic part 2 and still see a lot of Max/Hanno scenes in it.
We should send it to Stephan Lacant. I'm sure he would love it  :).
We are not the only ones wanting a sequel: a lot of people are begging for it (on facebook, twitter, reviews).

Get me an address.  I'll meet you there, we can gang up on him and make him listen!

And I love your "part III" idea!!!   ;D   We could keep these guys gainfully employed for years to come, just w/this movie!  

Do you know anyone in "real life" that likes this movie as much as we do?  

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #456 on: May 18, 2014, 07:13:20 pm »
Another one from twitter:

remember when i thought watching freier fall was a good idea and i ended up a mess???[/b

Recognize the feeling  >:(

Offline morrobay

« Reply #457 on: May 18, 2014, 07:18:21 pm »
Did you ever check out that link I posted with the happily ever after ending story?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #458 on: May 18, 2014, 07:21:05 pm »
And some comments from tumblr

HOW CAN THEY END THAT MOVIE LIKE THAT?! NO I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGED THAT ENDING NOPE NO

SCREAMING BECAUSE OF FREIER FALL’S ENDING

no freier fall is not allowed to end like that no

Offline morrobay

« Reply #459 on: May 18, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »
off topic, but want to mention: I'm watching Heath in Dark Knight - I really miss him and what he could have done as an artist.  

What a great great talent he was.   :'(