Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101276 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #460 on: May 18, 2014, 07:41:24 pm »
Get me an address.  I'll meet you there, we can gang up on him and make him listen!

And I love your "part III" idea!!!   ;D   We could keep these guys gainfully employed for years to come, just w/this movie!  

Do you know anyone in "real life" that likes this movie as much as we do?  

Stephan Lacant has no facebook, no twitter, can't find anything.

In real life: no, I don't know anyone who watched the movie but I'm considering giving the DVD to my ex husband (and his girlfriend). I don't know if straight guys would like it, so I'm curious to his opinion.
I watched freier fall by accident. I almost never watch German movies and I'm not specially looking for gay themed movies. I chose this one from netflix because of Max riemelts name and never thougt it would impress me like this.
I think in the Netherlands not many people watch German movies.

Heath Ledger: I just know him from BBM. But yes, he was a great talent.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #461 on: May 18, 2014, 08:25:20 pm »
That says a lot for Max  ;)

As for Heath, damn.  Brokeback was, in my opinion, his best.  I haven't seen all his movies, but if you can, you should see some of them:

A Knight's Tale:  My absolute favorite after Brokeback, I love it.  It was made before Brokeback, when he was still a "teen idol".  But his acting, his presence, is just great.  Rufus Sewell, another one of my favorites (Zen) is in it also.

10 Things I Hate About You is a great "teen movie", you should really watch it if you get the chance.  He is dynamic.

Casanova:  I saw this after Brokeback.  He's amazing (I know I use that word a lot for him, but you have to see him)

Monster's Ball:  I did not like the movie.  I watched until his character was out of the script.  Not an easy movie to watch, but he is amazing.  I read that this is the role that got him the Brokeback part.

I never saw The Brothers Grimm, I'm Not There, Ned Kelly and some others.  But I really think you would like the ones I listed, Knight's Tale is my favorite, he doesn't hide his accent and I love that.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #462 on: May 18, 2014, 08:44:51 pm »
I have to post this from youtube, the dance sequence from Knight's Tale, David Bowie "Golden Years"..................he's just so good, you can't take your eyes off him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrJANFJKec

Offline morrobay

« Reply #463 on: May 20, 2014, 10:57:29 am »
Stephan Lacant has no facebook, no twitter, can't find anything.

In real life: no, I don't know anyone who watched the movie but I'm considering giving the DVD to my ex husband (and his girlfriend). I don't know if straight guys would like it, so I'm curious to his opinion.
I watched freier fall by accident. I almost never watch German movies and I'm not specially looking for gay themed movies. I chose this one from netflix because of Max riemelts name and never thougt it would impress me like this.
I think in the Netherlands not many people watch German movies.

Heath Ledger: I just know him from BBM. But yes, he was a great talent.

Yeah, I can't find anything on Lacant either.  IMDb has a "Contact Info: View Agent" button, but it's only accessible if you have IMDbPro, which you have to pay for.

It would be interesting to hear some straight guys opinions on the movie.

yesterday is the first day since early March that I didn't watch all or part of the movie - so I'm watching it this morning  :) .  Don't want it to just fade away-

Offline morrobay

« Reply #464 on: May 20, 2014, 04:05:23 pm »
Any opinions on why Marc never said "I'm sorry" to Bettina?  I thought for sure he would when she broke down in the shower scene, it was the perfect time to tell her he was sorry he put her through all this, but he didn't say a word.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #465 on: May 20, 2014, 04:17:19 pm »

A Knight's Tale:  My absolute favorite after Brokeback, I love it.  It was made before Brokeback, when he was still a "teen idol".  But his acting, his presence, is just great.  Rufus Sewell, another one of my favorites (Zen) is in it also.

10 Things I Hate About You is a great "teen movie", you should really watch it if you get the chance.  He is dynamic.

Casanova:  I saw this after Brokeback.  He's amazing (I know I use that word a lot for him, but you have to see him)

Monster's Ball:  I did not like the movie.  I watched until his character was out of the script.  Not an easy movie to watch, but he is amazing.  I read that this is the role that got him the Brokeback part.

I never saw The Brothers Grimm, I'm Not There, Ned Kelly and some others.  But I really think you would like the ones I listed, Knight's Tale is my favorite, he doesn't hide his accent and I love that.

Hi,
I watched the youtube video, niceeee. Wow, he's a good dancer. And I watched 10 things I hate about you several years ago, didn 't realize it was Heath (I didn't know him at that time). I found another one: the dark night. Did you see this one? Seems to be a very good movie, I'm planning to watch it.
And I certainly will watch the movies you mentioned.

Do you like Jake Gyllenhall too? The last one I saw with Jake in it was sex and other drugs with Anne Hathaway.
Who's your favorite American actor (except Heath). One of mine is definately Leonardo Di Caprio, great talent and great looks. And Tom Cruise.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #466 on: May 20, 2014, 04:33:28 pm »
You won't believe it's him in the Dark Knight, he completely loses himself in the role, as he does in all of them, I think. 

I do like Jake a lot, I think his last movie I saw was Brothers. he was good but it was nothing to write home about.  I also saw him Love & Other Drugs, I think he and Anne had great on-screen chemistry.  I'm not into action (Prince of Persia) End of Watch was too violent and shot with a hand-held camera - no, thanks.  Enemy is out now, I think, but I'm not interested.  Brokeback was his best acting, imo.

as for my favorite American actor, I don't know - i'll get back to you on that one  :)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #467 on: May 20, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »

yesterday is the first day since early March that I didn't watch all or part of the movie - so I'm watching it this morning  :) .  Don't want it to just fade away-

That's funny, yesterday was for me the first day I didn't watch it at all too  :). And tonight (it's 22.20 here now) I watched it again.

What you asked about Marc not saying sorry: I think he WAS sorry. But maybe more like "sorry for all that you are going through because of me" than "sorry I did it".
And maybe he did say sorry (and is it one the many things they didn't show us in the movie).

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #468 on: May 20, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »
Did you see the video on youtube with Stephan Lacant, Hanno and Max? It's in German but look at Max at 2.25 <3<3<3

Offline morrobay

« Reply #469 on: May 20, 2014, 05:06:31 pm »
So cute!