Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1100987 times)

Offline Alexander_2098

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #760 on: July 22, 2014, 04:01:15 am »
Wow, 2 new obsessed people!  Good to see people are still finding this movie.

I have some questions (or basically in need of opinions) about the events and it's time length in the film, that I really need to have covered.

To begin with,

1) How long do you think it was from Marc and Kay becoming friends at the beginning of the film to the point where Kay confronted Marc sexually in the forest?
2) How long do you think Kay and Marc's affair lasted?

About the movie itself:

3) Do you think the movie should've been longer than 1 and 40 minutes, to cover up some things it could have potentially skipped, or give us new information about things/characters (Like Kay?).

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #761 on: July 22, 2014, 08:20:49 am »
I have some questions (or basically in need of opinions) about the events and it's time length in the film, that I really need to have covered.

To begin with,

1) How long do you think it was from Marc and Kay becoming friends at the beginning of the film to the point where Kay confronted Marc sexually in the forest?

I'm not sure how long from the time they were in the pool to the forest, but it couldn't have been too long - maybe a week or two?

Mariska and I talked about this, we figured about 4 months.  Bettina was probably 7, maybe even 8 months pregnant when they met at the bowling alley, and Kay left soon after the baby shower/party, and the baby was about a month old.

About the movie itself:

3) Do you think the movie should've been longer than 1 and 40 minutes, to cover up some things it could have potentially skipped, or give us new information about things/characters (Like Kay?).

Mariska has the DVD with commentary by the actors and director, the US DVDs don't have that, and she gave a lot of info directly from Hanno, Max and Stephen.  They said Kay was supposed to be a mystery, with not much known about him, it was intentional to have no background about him.  He came into Marc's life, turned it upside down and Marc couldn't handle it, then Kay was gone.

It's good to talk about this again!
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #762 on: July 22, 2014, 05:17:49 pm »
Not sure about Marc nodding his head to indicate "Yes, it's true", but I will do my homework and re-watch  ;)

As for meeting in the rain, Marc set that up, he wanted Kay.  I can kind of see how you could think that, looking at how Marc walked towards him, like maybe he was going to confront him.

But you can tell when he's still in his car, breathing heavy, he's nervous, he knew why he was there and he knew why Kay was there.  He had to have called Kay or in some way let him know to meet him there, and it wasn't to tell him to back off.......he got what he wanted.

Offline Alexander_2098

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #763 on: July 22, 2014, 05:22:49 pm »
Did you all notice when Marc met Kay in the forest during the rain storm, right after he first kisses him - did you see where he (Marc) nodded his head like he was saying "Yes...it's true..." or "Yes, I want this...", or something to that effect?  What do you all think of that? That was awesome.

I think I know what you're talking about, it is the still profile picture that butler_fantasies has? They kissed and Marc and Kay nodded at each other for a second until Marc turned Kay over, took down his hoodie and well started doing the dirty  ::)

( 0:48 )

Offline Alexander_2098

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #764 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »
I'm not sure how long from the time they were in the pool to the forest, but it couldn't have been too long - maybe a week or two?

Mariska and I talked about this, we figured about 4 months.  Bettina was probably 7, maybe even 8 months pregnant when they met at the bowling alley, and Kay left soon after the baby shower/party, and the baby was about a month old.

Mariska has the DVD with commentary by the actors and director, the US DVDs don't have that, and she gave a lot of info directly from Hanno, Max and Stephen.  They said Kay was supposed to be a mystery, with not much known about him, it was intentional to have no background about him.  He came into Marc's life, turned it upside down and Marc couldn't handle it, then Kay was gone.

1) Do you think that the beginning of the film was too rushed or quick?

-And yeah, I feel like it must've been 4 months or so...

-I have that German DVD version as well (It's free region  :laugh: ) I have the audio commentary and all that (deleted scenes, etc) from them as well but I don't speak german! It'd be a treasure chest load for me to know all what they're saying about/while watching the movie! Not to mention the deleted scenes too, they don't have any subtitles which is retarded.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #765 on: July 28, 2014, 02:43:04 pm »
Hi guys, do you know if there is somewhere I can watch this movie online?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #766 on: July 28, 2014, 04:36:08 pm »
Off the top of my head, no, but there's got to be a place.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #767 on: July 29, 2014, 12:33:49 am »
Hi guys, do you know if there is somewhere I can watch this movie online?

iTunes and Amazon. V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #768 on: July 30, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »
Marcs smile  when he was on the phone: yes I noticed. Marc picked up the phone en then it took a little while before he smiled and said: I can't talk right now. Who knows what Kay said to him that made him smile. We will never know.

In the audio version max and hanno had a discussion why Marc didn't say immediately that he couldn't talk right now. That was funny.

Mariska, if you're still around, what did they say in the commentary about this part?  I don't think we've ever talked about that.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #769 on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:45 pm »
Mariska, if you're still around, what did they say in the commentary about this part?  I don't think we've ever talked about that.

Hi, yes, I'm still around  ;).
I had to listen again a few times and the conversation goes like this:
Max mentioned that it was kind of funny that Marc didn't put the phone down.
And then I think the other two misunderstood him.
Stephan: his desire was too much.
Max: yes, but it was very risky.
Stephan: it would be more striking if he would not pick up the phone when it rings.
Max: yes but he could have said: I will call you back.
Hanno: I did that.
Stephan: yes he did that.