Author Topic: All things Easter, Spring Solstice, Passover, or Ostara  (Read 71063 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: We've never had a thread about Easter dinner, or Passover, or Ostara
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2021, 08:08:05 pm »
"All the tulips have risen today.  Alleluia!"

Very lovely! It's a daffodil Easter here.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2022, 10:24:31 am »
Jeff, this is as close as I could come to a thread about Lent. Why don't we start one?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2022, 02:05:29 pm »
Maybe it was part of somebody's blog. I was sure we had a thread somewhere about "What are you giving up for Lent," or something like that.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2022, 02:11:07 pm »
"All the tulips have risen today.  Alleluia!"

I was looking at this picture again, and it reminded how many decades ago, the wealthy owner of a tobacco company (  :P  ) in my home town was a great tulip fancier. His front and backyard gardens were planted with thousands of tulips, and when they were in bloom, the public was invited to walk through the gardens to enjoy them.

I remember being told that this man bought so many tulip bulbs that a breeder named a new variety after him, or maybe after his wife; something like that.

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2022, 07:16:05 pm »

I was debating making a Pizzagaina this year, but I've never made one before.  LOL  Not sure I want to make the attempt.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2022, 12:58:48 am »
I was debating making a Pizzagaina this year, but I've never made one before.  LOL  Not sure I want to make the attempt.

A whut?  ???

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2022, 01:49:40 am »

A whut?  ???

PizzaGAINA, pronounced PEETS-a-GAYN-a. But you might hear it called any of the following: Pizzachiena, Pizza Chena, or even Pizza Rustica. A rough translation in all cases is "full pie" with the latter being "rustic pie."   Pizza Cena would mean "dinner pie." There is also another version called Pizza Ripiena that is thinner and more of a double stuffed crust pizza, and definitely not as thick as the Pizzagaina "full" pies.

With Lent being a time of sacrifice (giving up meats/dairy/rich foods), in Italian culture, on Easter, a Pizzagaina is served with the meal, to break the fast.

It's made in a springform pan, with 2 Eggs, 1 Pound of ricotta cheese (about 2 cups), 3/4 Cup fresh mozzarella, grated, 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese, grated, and an assortment of diced/cubed meats such as salami, pepperoni, ham, capicola, or other Italian meats.

it can be very heavy, so a little goes a long way.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2022, 03:08:03 pm »
Thanks. Does look yummy. Beats boxes a soup all to heck.  ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2022, 02:47:42 pm »
It's made in a springform pan, with 2 Eggs, 1 Pound of ricotta cheese (about 2 cups), 3/4 Cup fresh mozzarella, grated, 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese, grated, and an assortment of diced/cubed meats such as salami, pepperoni, ham, capicola, or other Italian meats.

[*checking airfares*]

Online CellarDweller