Author Topic: The Diner......  (Read 131038 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: The Diner......
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »
Got my new passport today by the way......can anyone explain why the photo always looks so horrible??  ::) :o :-\ :laugh:

I know! Some type of Alien Conspiracy, if you ask me. What else could it possibly be??

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:07 pm »
I was once told that, if you really look like your passport photo, you need a holiday. ;D

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 04:52:01 pm »

I know! Some type of Alien Conspiracy, if you ask me. What else could it possibly be??

:laugh: :laugh:

I was once told that, if you really look like your passport photo, you need a holiday. ;D

I sooo need a holiday!! I look like all the sorrows of the world is on my shoulders......
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 06:07:46 pm »
Oh yeah, passports.  Mine expires in two years.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »
Oh yeah, passports.  Mine expires in two years.
Mine expires in Sep 16.   Australian passports are for 10 years but NZ only last 5 years. I hope to apply for NZ citizenship next year. There have been discussions of changing NZ back to 10 years. I could apply for citizenship next February (5 years residency) but I have already made bookings for France in April/May and it would not look good to apply for citizenship then be out of the country so I will probably wait until am back home next June.
The photo on my current passport is a bit faint and I cannot use the fast gates now in Aust and NZ. The photo does not work. I am often directed to them by officials and have to explain that it will take longer as I will be sent back. However there are customs lines for just Australians and Kiwis in both countries which are generally quite short as most people are using the automatic gates.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 01:48:22 pm »
Mine expires next year. It's been valid for 10 years, but since then they've changed it so my new one will only be for 5 years.

I have to remember getting the new passport very early in the year, as the queues at the police passport office are horrendeous as summer gets closer!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 02:20:56 pm »
My passport expires early next year. I told myself there is no need to wait till then to renew. I've had the paperwork printed out for months, and I even have pictures. Now I just have to stop procrastinating.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 04:43:23 pm »
Evening everyone!  How are you?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 05:58:58 pm »
Hot and tired, thank you. My 3 week long vacation is soon over so a bit blue but.....

I start with full time night shifts for 2 weeks, then back working days, evenings and weekends. I love my work but it is nice to be free, drinking wine in warm summer nights without worries about getting up early the next day!  :laugh:

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 01:50:26 pm »
I'm going back to the US august 30 and I'm staying until September 16. My hubby - yes, we are still together, working on it!! - is going to a conference in Denver and after that he and his coworker is doing work at a lab in Golden. After that is our own week in Colorado!! But what shall we do? I've ordered a book - Lonely Planet - about Colorado and I'm doing intense research on the Internet but I know that the real knowledge is at Bettermost so I'm asking you all, have you got any suggestions??  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately no NY....  :'(