Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138251 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 12:36:10 am »
With no firsthand knowledge of being either gay or in prison, I had the same reaction you guys did. What they describe for Daryl sounds to me more like "closeted gay" or "in denial gay."

But fast or slow, I like the direction the "Walking Dead" is going with this.

It helps explain, too, why there was never anything physical, apparently, between Daryl and either Carol or whatshername.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 04:35:36 pm »

The new season starts tonight!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 09:11:55 pm »
Its' Walking Dead time!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »
Whoa, Season 5 opener was great.

First of all, I loved seeing "Badass Carol" doing what she did.  The character development for her just continues to get better.

Because I'm not sure who has and hasn't watched yet, I'm using the color tags to hide the rest.  Use the mouse to highlight the text and see the post.

I was happy to see Rick getting tougher, yet being reined in by Glenn.  I get that one must be tough in this situation, but there was no reason to have to go back.  I'm glad that Glenn stopped them. 

It was also good to see Carol, Tyrese and Judith meeting up with the rest of the team.   And speaking of Tyrese, he got tough!  It was soooo good to see him do what he had to do, and not be defended by someone.

Glad to see there were no major character deaths for the opener, rumor is that one main character will be killed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 10:04:11 am »
It just better not be Daryl!  :laugh:

Agreed on all counts, Chuck. Aside from a conveniently nick-of-time save -- the gunfire, etc., happening just as they were turning to Glen -- I thought it was a good, dramatic start.

And totally agree about Carol. I used to be pretty "meh" about her, but her character arc is fascinating.

Now what, I wonder?

Do you ever watch Talking Dead? I watched a few minutes last night. Conan O'Brien was on, so of course it was funny. And I think the host, Chris Hardwicke, does a pretty good job -- he's like a funny Ryan Seacrest with an actual personality.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 11:53:26 am »
Agreed on all counts, Chuck. Aside from a conveniently nick-of-time save -- the gunfire, etc., happening just as they were turning to Glen -- I thought it was a good, dramatic start.

And totally agree about Carol. I used to be pretty "meh" about her, but her character arc is fascinating.

Now what, I wonder?

Do you ever watch Talking Dead? I watched a few minutes last night. Conan O'Brien was on, so of course it was funny. And I think the host, Chris Hardwicke, does a pretty good job -- he's like a funny Ryan Seacrest with an actual personality.

I generally don't watch "Talking Dead" but I did last night.  I agree about Chris Hardwicke.

One thing I did miss last night during the flashbacks was that the crazy guy they let out of the rail car was actually one of the group of people that originally attacked Terminus.  It wasn't until after that I saw pics online that I got it. 

Good to have most of the group together again, but I am wondering about Beth and who has her.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:21 pm »
Good to have most of the group together again, but I am wondering about Beth and who has her.

Good question, though I'll admit I tend to forget about Beth.

Wherever she is, I imagine it will be a good storyline eventually, though.

Today I saw a teaser for an article on some website with a picture of a blonde actress and the headline "How [whatever her name is] stays beautiful during a zombie apocalypse." I realized the picture was of Beth. I didn't click on the story, but I will say that Beth looked much better in the picture than she does on the show. Not that she isn't pretty, but what with all the sweat and blood and dirt and greasy hair nobody looks very beautiful during a zombie apocalypse. Even Daryl barely makes the bar.

However, I notice everyone seems to have a pretty endless supply of ruggedly fashionable clothing.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 12:15:12 am »
That they do, don't they?

I saw there was a meme on the internet that was guessing wrong about Beth's location.  It was hinting that she had been taken to Terminus, and that she had been eaten by the people there.

Here's the meme.

Since they discussed that Beth was still alive, we know that's not correct.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »
Wait, I must have missed that part. Who discussed Beth, and how do they know she's alive? Wasn't Daryl the last one to see her, and he doesn't know.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »
Wait, I must have missed that part. Who discussed Beth, and how do they know she's alive? Wasn't Daryl the last one to see her, and he doesn't know.

He was the last one to see her so he really doesn't know if she is still alive or not.  I'm convinced she is still alive though, otherwise it just wouldn't make sense storywise.