Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain DVD Interview FREAKOUT...  (Read 6941 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Brokeback Mountain DVD Interview FREAKOUT...
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:00:05 pm »
This is so weird. 

Maybe it should be posted under RTPROD's weird DVD experiences.  I just finished watching some of the special feature interviews and my heart dropped to the floor when I saw that a person whom I met years ago in Paris and had a nice hot fling with is a MAJOR player in the creation and success of Brokeback Mountain.  I won't say who, but if you're reading this you know who you are.  We last saw each other in Los Angeles at the Museum of Modern Art Downtown.  I have photos of us together from the Paris trip.  Funny how all of us, including our Paris-based friends moved back to Los Angeles.

I must say I am really impressed and blown away.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Re: Brokeback Mountain DVD Interview FREAKOUT...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:02:21 pm »
LOL - oh, now that's just not fair Flash!  You know everyone here is going to be salivating for more info.   ;)
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 11:09:49 pm »
Is it that cute boy with glasses and reddish hair in the Diana Ossana/Larry McMurtry special feature??

And ALSO, in that feature is an amazing shot of Ennis riding up to find the dead sheep on "the morning after", with the herd below him.

WOW!  There is a raging river right there!  Apparently that river is removed from the final shot through some special effects trickery?!?!

Opinions, please.

And give up your hottie, Flash.  Which scene?   ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 01:57:41 am by Spooky_Rabbit »
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 11:13:00 pm »
Spooky...I ain't sayin' no more.

Lol Nicole.  I don't want to embarrass anyone any more than they probably already are.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:14:58 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:18:12 pm »
Now, from what you're saying I'm getting the impression that this person is on this board...or you have reason to believe that they are.  Of course I could be totally off-base which is entirely possible.  BTW - I love your avatar and signature.
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »
Good for you, Flash - Larry McMurtry...

is Aich Oh Tee - HOT!!!!   ;D   >:D

hehehehe... Kidddddddddddddding.

(psssssssssst... initials M.C.? shhhhhhhhh...)
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 11:48:01 pm »
Hey Nicole,

The reason I always phrase my comments that way is because I know I'm here, and the very path that led me here was from a successful Hollywood Producer.  She turned me onto the IMDB boards, and I know for a fact that famous actors are checking in on that site all the time, and following all the links just like we are.  Never underestimate how far an actor/producer/director/dp/heck-even-crew-person would go to find a little admiration and self-validation.

In other words, if Bettermost.net pops up when you Google Brokeback Mountain, then those people are here right now.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 12:07:52 am »
Ahhh...makes sense.  So, you think Jake is aware then that about 75% of the threads on his IMDb page are about whether he's gay or not?  Lol - those kids are crazy over there.  They also had a thread debating whether he was black (wtf??), asking what you'd do if Jake died (strange...), and asking which part of him you'd touch if you could touch one part (ooookkkkaaayyy). 

Lol - every time I'm over there I think, for his sake, I hope he's not reading this stuff!  Becky is one of the only sane ones I've seen over there! :)
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 12:22:19 am »
Nicole, those Jake topics are strange, but I think he'd kind of have a laugh at it all.  Wouldn't you if you were in his shoes?

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 12:28:55 am »
Is that you in your avatar flash?