Brokeback Mountain: Our Community's Common Bond > BBM Radio

11/28/14 Brokeback Mountain Radio is back on the air!

<< < (4/4)

SFEnnisSF:
It might be a bit of both Sason  ;)

CellarDweller:

--- Quote from: sfericsf on April 13, 2015, 06:04:48 pm ---In the beginning, we saw about 5-10 listeners on average at any given time.  Over the years, this dropped to only 1 or 2 people tuning into the station a day.  The station cost Phillip $45 per month to broadcast, and that's with you listening to the commercials.  If you didn't want to hear commercials you purchased the VIP membership which took the commercials away.  This is no different than what Pandora or other streaming music services offer now. 

Unfortunately the cost to broadcast does not justify the listenership anymore.  However, the playlist is still there, in tact, and even though we don't pay to broadcast anymore, you, the listener, can still purchase the Live365 VIP membership, and you can still access the music stream.  At least Live365 doesn't take it off the air when we cancelled our broadcasting membership.
--- End quote ---

It's unfortunate that the cost is what it is.  I had a Live365 station around....2000 I think, that specialized in freestyle music.  I had a fair amount of listeners, but couldn't maintain it due to the cost, and had to shut it down.

Sason:

--- Quote from: sfericsf on April 16, 2015, 02:55:51 am ---It might be a bit of both Sason  ;)

--- End quote ---

Either way, it's something to be grateful for!   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version