Author Topic: SENSE8  (Read 32077 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: SENSE8
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 01:10:58 pm »
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 03:27:51 pm »
 For the most part he did a good job; he had a lot of screen time, hopefully that gets him some attention for more Hollywood roles, if that's what he wants.

I agree with "for the most part".
He sure did a good job in general but I've seen him better and I think it's the language.
I do understand the choice of having everyone speak English, but I can imagine this is not easy for actors who are not used to that.
Sometimes it sounded a little unnatural (not only Max but also some of the other actors), which is logical. Besides concentrating on the acting they also have to concentrate on a language they are not used to. And of course everyone wants to sound as good as possible.

I tried today, speaking English aloud. Man, that was weird  :o. I definately don't sound better than Max and I felt kind of embarrassed.

I don't know if this will lead to Hollywood roles. The actors from Lost were popular during the show but didn't become "big stars".
But whatever happens, I think this whole Sense8 thing must have been a great experience for him and a big step forward.
And he gets lots of attention and new fans now.
But I think he needs to get over his internet aversion now and pay more attention to his fans (like twitter). The other actors do that too and I think it's part of the game.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 03:30:57 pm »

He looks a lot like Kay in Sense8 (and that's a good thing).

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2015, 03:36:37 pm »

Nice video.
Wolfgang and Kala have great chemistry.
But Hanno is still number 1  8)

Offline morrobay

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2015, 07:11:04 pm »
Absolutely!  No one is better w/Max than Hanno!!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 06:40:31 pm »
I thought this was an interesting take on Wolfgang from a poster on IMDb - since I didn't watch the whole thing, I can't comment, but does anyone else agree with her?

Of all the characters, I found Wolfgang's development the most unexpected and intriguing. At the end, he appears to give into his darker side by indulging in a revenge-fuelled orgy of death and destruction. Wolfgang is clearly aware of the implications and knock-on effects of this, which is why he tells Kala they can't be together and substitutes for Will as he goes full-throttle towards the helicopter. Most tellingly, he's very separate from the other Sensates in that final shot on the boat - he's the last character to be revealed and is right at the edge, implying an air of distance and separation.

I have a feeling that this is perhaps foreshadowing a still darker turn for Wolfgang in the next series. If any of the characters would betray the others, I can see it being Wolfgang.

Did anyone else get this impression? What do you think the future might hold for Wolfgang?

The Labyrinth wiki!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2431438/board/thread/244894664?d=latest&t=20150611151439#latest

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 04:31:25 am »

I have a feeling that this is perhaps foreshadowing a still darker turn for Wolfgang in the next series. If any of the characters would betray the others, I can see it being Wolfgang.

Did anyone else get this impression? What do you think the future might hold for Wolfgang?

No, I don't agree for several reasons.
In the end we learn two things about Wolfgang:
His terrible childhood and his loyalty to people he cares about.

Maybe he is selfdestructive (because he thinks he's no good, called himself a monster) but he would rather give his own life than betray the others.

What I hope/think what will happen:
Wolfgang has a lot of issues and maybe he will be the distant one of the group for a while, but he will be there for them if he is needed.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 08:26:41 am »
Thanks, I think I like your take better. 

Interview mit Max Riemelt und Daryl Hannah
http://www.moviepilot.de/news/interview-mit-max-riemelt-und-daryl-hannah-151233

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 11:52:30 am »
It looks like I'm not the only one who has trouble with the language issue.

Quote from Imbd:

The acting in the storylines set in the non-English speaking countries is absolutely shocking, and I assume this is largely due to the actors being forced to act in a language (English) that is foreign to them. The acting and dialogue in these scenes is so wooden I am literally cringing as I watch. I am particularly referring to the Spanish and German storylines.

I understand the creators wanted to cater for people who couldn't/wouldn't read subtitles, but surely they should have realised what a mistake they were making after filming a few scenes? This would have been far more tolerable if it had been filmed with subtitles in my opinion.

It's a shame, as I was genuinely interested in seeing how the storyline developed.

For me it's not that disturbing, but I would have preferred everyone speaking in their own language. But that would mean a lot of subtitles and I guess many people would find that disturbing.
The biggest problem I have with this is that it is a handicap for the the non-english speaking actors. I  only know Max from other movies (and kudo's for him because he admitted that the english speaking was a big challenge for him) but like I said before, sometimes it influenced his acting.

So, I hope everyone who likes him in Sense8, will watch Free Fall and see what a great actor he is  :)

Offline morrobay

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2015, 12:10:00 am »
There's already 4 pages of fanfic on AO3, and some on fanfiction.net

http://archiveofourown.org/tags/sense8%20(TV)/works?page=1