Author Topic: Pedro Almodóvar, Brokeback Mountain, and "More Sex"  (Read 7492 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Pedro Almodóvar, Brokeback Mountain, and "More Sex"
« on: August 31, 2016, 09:05:25 am »
Pedro Almodóvar, Brokeback Mountain, and "More Sex"

Pedro Almodóvar will soon be back in theaters with “Julieta,” which premiered at Cannes this year. The Oscar-winning luminary of Spanish cinema has other projects on his mind, he explains on the latest edition of the Empire podcast, including one that will never see the light of day: “Brokeback Mountain,” which he was originally offered the chance to direct before Ang Lee took over the reins instead.

“More sex, more sex” is how Almodóvar describes his take on the material, which is adapted from Annie Proulx’s short story of the same name. “And it’s not gratuitous,” he quickly clarifies. “The Annie Proulx is about a physical relation, an animal relation, so sex is necessary because it is the body of the story.” Almodóvar doesn’t think he could have made it the way he wanted to in Hollywood, however — “it seems to me I could do that in Europe,” he adds.

Still, his conception of the project has been hard to shake. “I always had the image: these two guys start making love to each other like the animals that they were taking care of,” which the filmmaker describes as “almost a way to survive in the mountains.” He’s enthusiastic in his admiration of Lee’s version, despite how much he wishes he’d been able to make it his own way.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/08/pedro-almodovar-brokeback-mountain-sex-1201719596/

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Re: Pedro Almodóvar, Brokeback Mountain, and "More Sex"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 04:25:24 pm »
A Spaniard who would have put more sex into a movie. Imagine that.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.